A NOT SO TYPICAL ENCOUNTER

CHANCE OF LOVE

 

"Ne... where are you? We are already here at the Foxy Bar." a text message from Hye Jin reads like this.

            "I'm coming." I replied.

            After Hye Jin invited me to go with them, I decided to go home to freshen up and I told them that I'll just follow them. On my way to the Foxy Bar, my car experienced an engine failure. What' worse, I took another route to escape traffic that's why cars passes by rarely. Me, being a first time owner of a car, don't know how to fix its engine. I called Hye Jin to fetch me but worst, the connection failed me.

            "Huh?! no signal ?How could it be?" I exclaimed in wonder as I try to catch some signal to call for assistance?

            "This really isn't a lucky day for me. First, I came to school late. Second, I was embarrassed twice at the corridor and in the library. Third, that news from Gyu Hye and now... this? ... Grrrrrrr! What curse is it that is haunting me now?!" I asked with a pissed off voice. "...can somebody help me please ?!?!?!" I vociferously called out of nothing.

            Tall trees, the road slightly flooded by dirty water and my silver car were all what my vision could reach. Hopelessly, I sat on the sidewalk; look above the stars which were shining so bright and the moon partly covered by clouds.

            "Look at the stars. They represent me. And you are my moon. I borrow strength and light from your loving. You made me possible to exist. You are the reason why I continue to breathe. It is you who completed my being. We will never part just like these stars and moon. I will never leave you no matter what. I love you and that's all I know. I'll be staying in love with you for the rest of my life." Extreme blissfulness and felicity covered me upon hearing those words. My emotions were heightened by his affectionate kiss. His lips adjoined mine passionately.

            The stars and the moon reminded me of Sung Jae again together with that vow he used to promise me. A promise of love. a promise of forever that is now part of trash.

            "What the ...?!" I looked at me in full astonishment. A splash of bad smell water awakened me from my phantasm.

            "Are you ok miss?" someone got out from a car. "I'm so sorry. I was in a hurry and my sight was blocked by this car that's why I haven't spotted you here." a man from another car which had just passed by on me explained himself. But because I was irked by what happened- seeing myself bathing with water full of dirt, I shouted in intense displeasure.

            "How could you just say you’re sorry seeing me like this?" my voice almost debackled his hearing. "Can't you see this stain and sordor strewn on my white dress and all over my face?" I'm pointing to my dress, so irritated.

            "That's why ... I'm apologizing. Ok ... allow me to do this..." he pulled a black fragrant handkerchief. His hands reached out for my face and acted on wiping the dirt away. I was relatively pacified by his gestures. Seeing his charming eyes and red lips made me stop reclaiming.

            "Is it ok now miss? ... Miss?" he caught my alertness.

            "Y-yesss? What are you... I mean... Stop wiping my face!" my hand, all of sudden, unconsciously hit his hand. From partially ok back to the irritated voice just like before he did his sweet handkerchief gesture, I altered my emotions.

            "Look, miss ... I didn't intend to splash water on you. Besides, it is not my concern if you're sitting at the sidewalk in this dark place. I don't think that, that is a deed of a decent lady. If you're waiting for a customer, better go to a place where men can easily see you." He turned away.

            The romantic gesture he did awhile ago is now paved away by his last communique. He was about to enter his car when ....

            "Ouch !!!" he interjected in pain. He palpate his head. "What was that?" he turned to me and saw me catching my breath. Then, he noticed a three-inched red footwear near him and squinted on my feet.

            "Did you just throw your shoe on me?!" he moved toward me. "What's your problem miss? I already said sorry and even wiped that dirt on your face. So, why?"

            ‘Is this man crazy or what? He's asking me why I acted like that?’

            How dare you consider me a dirty woman? For your information, mister whosoever you are, I was stuck in this place because my car's engine failed me. I'm not waiting for any customer to come just like what you think. I'm not a lewd!" I fought for my dignity. Who is he anyway to judge me that imputation? That's an insult to my being. I gazed at him with my eyes as sharp as a newly-honed knife.

            He picked my shoe from where it fell. He kneeled in front of me and portrayed the prominent role of Cinderella's prince charming, putting on the glass shoe on Cinderella's foot. I remembered the sweet handkerchief scene we hand awhile ago and how he immediately changed his attitude from an amorous prince to a disrespectful and judgmental creature. I will not be deceived by him again. Once is enough.

             "What are you doing? Trying to please me after what you have said? Better not waste time gladdening me through your mischievous deed, mister." I forcibly pushed him away from me. He fell off the ground.

            Honestly, I think I was too rude doing that but I had enough for that stupid man; a stupid man who disturbed my phantasm and threw an imputation on me. A stupid man whom I met in a not so typical encounter.