Growing

No Gravity

Many seasons passed. Kyungsoo and Jongin continued to grow. They grew apart and older. They were both in middle school. Kyungsoo, a year higher. Many people liked Jongin. He was quite popular with everyone. Kyungsoo on the other hand was ignored. It didn't matter, he ignored everyone anyway.

One day on his way to class, Kyungsoo saw Jongin socialize with his classmates. He was walking from the opposite direction in the hall from Kyungsoo. Jongin noticed Kyungsoo. Again, an electrifying zap struck Kyungsoo all because of a glance. Jongin looked away and continued to walk. He pretended that Kyungsoo was transparent.

Walking away. Passing me. It's like as if I don't exist. 

Even at home Kyungsoo and Jongin rarely talked or even look at each other. That was how their everyday life was. Ignore each other. They were used to it.

<:>

Kyungsoo had a little hobby. He liked the texture of broken glass. He liked how it would pierce his skin in such soothing way. Kyungsoo especially loved the sharp edges. That was the best part of broken glass.

Jongin, who rarely pays any attention to Kyungsoo once saw a small puddle of blood in the bathroom. He began suspecting Kyungsoo of being involve in some dangerous activity. It wasn't long till he found out about Kyungsoo's little hobby.

"Open the door." Jongin once said behind the locked bathroom door where Kyungsoo was occupying.

"Jongin? What do you want?" 

"Open the door before I break it." Jongin warned.

"Go ahead. Break the door." Kyungsoo didn't expect Jongin to really break the door down. He knew if Jongin did, then Jongin's father was going to beat the out of him.

"What are you doing?" Jongin asked in disgust as he cover his mouth with his hands.

"Nothing. It doesn't hurt." Kyungsoo said casually.

"Hyung.. Stop it.. You're hurting yourself." 

"Didn't I say that it doesn't hurt."

"Hyung.. I beg you.. Please stop!" Jongin gently held Kyungsoo's crimson hands. 

"Your hands are always warm." Kyungsoo grinned in a sullen way.

<:>

Kyungsoo enjoyed the ride to go home after school. He could pedal his bike down a fun path really fast.

The breeze feels nice.

Kyungsoo was riding down a steep hill that was near his house. The wind caressing his face was nice. Kyungsoo wanted more of that comfort, so he sped up. It was fun and worth it. 

Feeling strange peace. This blinding light at the end of this tunnel yet so beautiful. Floating as if there was no gravity.

<:>

"Kyungsoo!!" His mother screamed and cried. She begged him to come back, but he couldn't. 

"What's wrong?" Jongin asked with his hands gripped to the straps of his bag pack when he approached the gate of his house.

"Kyungsoo!!" The weeping woman cried louder.

Jongin finally saw the mess in front of him. He covered his mouth and closed his eyes. 

Kyungsoo's bike was broken, and so was he. To Kyungsoo, he never felt better than before. No gravity. Nothing.

<:>

I understand now. You can't help it when you really like someone. Even if it's not allowed or can hurt others, you can't help it. 

Jongin is it okay if I like you back? It's too late anyway. It was nice having a younger brother.


uhh.. I won't really say this is romance. idk wat to categorize this.