Bye-Bye

No Gravity

The memory was still fresh and vivid. Kyungsoo could remember the first time he saw Jongin. An electrifying zap struck his whole body. That was the effect he got from Jongin's glance. 

But the truth got out.

Kyungsoo found out that he wasn't at Jongin's house just for a play date. He was going to live there soon. Sometimes Kyungsoo would secretly apologize to his biological father.

I'm sorry dad, but you're going to be replaced by another man. A stranger. The thought of having a new father terrified me, but I already knew I was going to get used to it. I'm sorry dad, I feel like a traitor. I wonder what that makes mom then.

<:>

That morning, the day of moving in, Kyungsoo's mom asked him if he was going to be happy to have a new father. Kyungsoo didn't answer. He couldn't. No matter what he said someone would be sad

"Do you like your new room?" Jongin asked as he watched Kyungsoo.

"Yeah." Kyungsoo answered and continued to stick his glow in the dark stars on the ceiling.

"Be careful on the ladder." Jongin warned with concern. Kyungsoo stared blankly at Jongin.

He's younger than me, but he acts more mature.

<:>

The only time Jongin was very childlike was the night it was thunderstorming.

"Kyungsoo hyung!" Jongin screamed as he burst into Kyungsoo's room.

"What?" Kyungsoo snapped as he forced himself to open his sleepy eyes.

"Please let me sleep here tonight!" He begged.

"What? Are you scared?" Kyungsoo asked as he yawned widely.

"Yes." Jongin's eyes were full of tears. How could Kyungsoo not have pity on Jongin?

"Ugh.. Fine." Kyungsoo gave in.

Immediately Jongin dashed into the covers. Shivering and weeping.

He's so pathetic. Kyungsoo thought to himself.

"Hey, stop acting like a baby! Come out of those covers." Kyungsoo demanded.

"No, I'm scared!" 

Kyungsoo forcefully pulled the blankets away.

"I have something to show you. So your tears and look up at the ceiling!" Kyungsoo commanded.  

Jongin obediently looked up. There was a shine in his eyes. 

"Why do you paste fake stars on the ceiling?" Jongin asked.

"It makes me feel like the star aren't far away." Kyungsoo told him.

They talked all night even though they had elementary school tomorrow.

<:>

"I'm so tired." Jongin complained the next morning during breakfast as he rubbed his tired eyes.

"Were you playing your video games at night again?" Jongin's father questioned him as he sipped his black coffee.

"Nope!" Jongin hopped off his chair and ran off.

"That child.." Jongin's father sighed.

"He wasn't playing video games. We were talking." Kyungsoo said. Jongin's father lifted an eyebrow as he stared at Kyungsoo.

"Kyungsoo! Hurry and get ready to go to school!" Kyungsoo mom scolded as she took his empty plates to the sink.

"Okay." Kyungsoo ran up the stairs, but he heard his parent's conversation when he was midway through the stairs.

"Teach your child better! If Jongin doesn't get proper sleep, it will affect him negatively during school!" Jongin's father nagged.

"Yes. I'm sorry." 

Why did you marry him? That was the only question Kyungsoo had in his mind that really bugged him.

<:>

"Kyungsoo! Don't talk to Jongin when it's bedtime! Do you understand?" His mom angrily told him.

"Yes." Kyungsoo answered. He watched his mother slam his door on her way out of his room.

I guess I should do my homework..

Several minutes later, Jongin burst into Kyungsoo's room.

"Kyungsoo hyung! Do you want to come to the park with me and my dad?" Jongin asked.

"No." Kyungsoo promptly replied.

"Oh.. Okay. Bye then." Jongin's smile melted.

I'm going to try to distant myself from you. I can't bring trouble to my mom.

"Hyung!" Jongin came rushing back into Kyungsoo's room.

"Hm?"

"I'm not going to the park. It's no fun when you're not there."

The two boys ended up playing video games together.

<:>

Kyungsoo quietly opened the fridge for a drink of milk. He couldn't go to sleep and he was parched. 

"Kyungsoo hyung!" Jongin whispered.

"Huh?" Kyungsoo, who was surprised accidently dropped his glass of milk.

"Oh no! I'm sorry!" Jongin apologized as he tried to pick up the shards of glass.

"Stop! Don't touch it!" 

"No! It's my fault, so I'll clean it up!" Before Jongin could pick up the shards, Kyungsoo snatched all the broken glass away.

"It's no big deal. I'm going to throw it away now." Kyungsoo ran to the bathroom.

"Hyung! We have a trash can in the kitchen though." Jongin said, but Kyungsoo ignored him.

Kyungsoo locked the door. He threw all the pieces of glass away. Even the ones that pierced his skin. His hand was covered in a beautiful crimson color, but he washed it off. The beautiful color kept reappearing every time Kyungsoo washed it off. It was like it was never ending, but it didn't hurt. It felt quite nice actually. Kyungsoo dug through the trash can to collect the shards. He closed his hands tightly. He really liked the pain.

"Hyung! Open the door!" Jongin pounded the door violently with his tiny fist.

"Why?" Kyungsoo quickly washed off his hands again. He didn't want Jongin to see his pleasurable cuts.

"Just open it!" Jongin whined.

"Fine!" Kyungsoo unlocked the door, but it was difficult because of the wounds.

"Hyung.. Your hands," he said slowly in horror and disgust.

"It's alright. It doesn't hurt." Kyungsoo said reassuringly.

"Sorry. It's my fault.." The little boy felt guilty, so he cried. 

"No it's not. Don't worry about it. I just need bandages." 

"But..." Jongin sniffed.

"It's fine and what were you doing at this hour?" 

"I was hungry."

<:>

"What is this on the floor?" Kyungsoo's mother asked out loud to no one in particular.

"I spilled milk last night." Jongin lied as he ate his breakfast.

Kyungsoo frowned his eyebrows at Jongin. He wondered why the little one would lie for him.

"Be careful next time." Kyungsoo's mom calmly said as she got paper towels to clean the floor.

"Okay!" Jongin smiled. "Hyung! Let's hurry and go to school!"

"Okay.." Kyungsoo gave him a tiny grin.

On their walk to school, Jongin gave Kyungsoo his favorite candy. 

"It's fine." Kyungsoo declined Jongin's offer.

"Nooo! Eat it! It's really yummy!"

"Fine." Kyungsoo ate the candy and immediately fell in love with the taste.

"It's good, right?"

"It's alright." Kyungsoo mumbled.

"So hyung! Is your hand getting better?"

"I don't know." Kyungsoo murmured.

"I know what will do the trick!" Jongin held Kyungsoo's hands gently.

"Your hands are warm." 

"Gah! Did you feel something wet hit your face?" Jongin looked at the blue sky that was getting crowded by dark gray clouds.

"Is it raining?" 

It started pouring.

"Gah! It's raining!" Jonging screamed.

"Calm down. It won't hurt you. I like the rain," he confessed. "Let's play in it!" Kyungsoo suggested.

"..Okay then let's play in it." Jongin held out his hands to collect the drops of rain. He then smiled and looked at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo genuinely smiled as well. For the first time.

 <:>

"Kyungsoo hyung! My dad got me some action figures! Do you want to play?" Jongin happily asked as he started to lay down all the characters on the floor of Kyungsoo's room.

"Sure." 

The boys played all day. Jongin finally left when it was bedtime. He left behind his action figures though.

The next morning, Kyungsoo was awaken by Jongin's father loudly entering his room.

"How dare you try to mess up my son! And why do you have his toys? Did you steal them?" Jongin's father roared with anger.

"Huh?" Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes to get better vision.

"Don't act like you don't know! And the other day I got call from the school saying you guys were late to school! Are you trying to ruined Jongin's school reputation?" The man vociferated and then hit Kyungsoo.

Like many children, Kyungsoo cried.

"Dad! Stop! He didn't steal them! We were playing them yesterday!" Jongin came to the rescue.

"I bought these toys for you not for him to play with! I don't want you near this boy again! He's bad influence! His father was a lowlife criminal! Don't go near Kyungsoo! Do you understand?"

"Yes." Jongin said through his sniffs.

Mom. Why did you marry him?

<:>

"Hyung.. I'm sorry.." Jongin secretly came into Kyungsoo room one night.

"Go away." Kyungsoo whispered.

"I'm sorry.." Jongin sniffed again.

"Stop crying and just go away. Just like your dad said! Don't come near me again! You're annoying. I hate you!"

"I'm Sorry.." Jongin left a pack of his favorite candy on Kyungsoo's desk. 

Jongin.. Thank you for everything. When I'm with you it feel like there's no force. I can be myself. It's like there's no gravity. Though I won't get to feel that anymore. I'm going to distant myself from you. I can't bring trouble to anyone.


 

Kyungsoo was attached to Jongin because of the kindness he recieved for the first time. He doesn't like Jongin in a romantic way but more of a clingy attached way.  The electrical zap is the feeling he got from jongin, it was because jongin was so different from him that he was so shocked. To Kyungsoo, Jongin gave out a fresh happy vibe. Something kyungsoo felt like he could never reach no matter what he did. As a child Kyungsoo was just longing for love till he realized he would not receive it, so for comfort he would bring pain to himself.. His mom was cold to him, but she did care for him (which she never showed). Jongin's father was very obsessed with jongin's education since he was a very successful man (the reason why Kyungsoo's mom married him; money) so he wanted Jongin to be like him. He was also very biased towards his actual child than to his step son. Kyungsoo's deceased father was a criminal, which Jongin's father already knows. Only reason why he married Kyungsoo's mother was to have someone raise Jongin, so it didn't matter who he really married. He just needed someone to use. Jongin was extremely scared of his father. In the end Kyungsoo finally felt peace when he finally felt no gravity (he felt no force in other words) and Jongin met a girl that brought him happiness. So in a way it's a happy ending but in a bitter way idk something like that? 

Thank you for reading.