Doubts

My Baby's Surrogate

Author's Note: Hey guys! I can't believe It's been two years! WOW!
Last update was when Siwon enlisted and now he's back so I guess I'm kinda(?) back too XD
This update happened when I was in Rome, city of love, and I guess I kinda missed writing and missed WonKyu and thus this short update.
Btw, I'd like to really thank the readers who kept commenting, posting on my wall and asking for an update because that motivated me
and I'm sorry it took me a long time to give you this chapter.

I hope you enjoy it (^_^)

- - - - -

 

He froze.

All of Kyuhyun's stuff were gone and Siwon's mind stopped functioning at that moment. He couldn’t think of what would make Kyuhyun leave him but he knew that for whatever reason it might've been, he couldn’t let it happen. So he determinedly dragged his feet out of his apartment and head to the only place he thought Kyuhyun would be at.

He managed to arrive safely although he ran a few red lights, but he didn't care about that because his mind was full of questions and worry but mostly fear. A feeling he had never experienced before.

Kyuhyun had left him. Just when he had it all figured out, this had to happen. He started to regret not waking Kyuhyun up the night before so they could talk. Maybe if he didn’t go to work? Maybe if he hadn't gone to the hospital? His head was full of too many maybes and he only hoped Kyuhyun would be willing to listen to him.

Not patient enough to wait for the elevator, Siwon took the stairs with one wish in his head was for Kyuhyun to be in his old apartment and to be safe. Knocking frantically on the door, he was welcomed by a fierce glare from Changmin.

"What do you want?"

"Is Kyuhyun here?"

"No"

Siwon could tell he was lying and so he just pushed his way inside while shouting Kyuhyun's name, not really caring for Changmin's complains, who decided with a sigh to leave the two alone, knowing they needed to talk.

Skipping to Donghae's room, Siwon was relieved to find Kyuhyun sitting on the edge of the bed next to his brother back facing him.

"Kyuhyun~" he softly called but the younger didn't respond which made Siwon worried again.

"Talk to me" He approached him when there was still no response, putting his hand on his shoulder but it was immediately shrugged off before Kyuhyun stood up and faced him with a deep glare, sadness and disappointment written all over his face.

"Why did you leave Kyuhyun? What happened?"

Kyuhyun sniggered, upset about the way Siwon was acting oblivious to what he did.

"Just talk to me please!"

Siwon pleaded and Kyuhyun's heart shivered. When he left the house that morning, he was heartbroken. All kind of thoughts were running through his mind and he was actually scared. What they shared that night was special for him and he was afraid it wasn’t as special for Siwon.

"How's your girlfriend?" He emphasized on the last word while protectively wrapping his arms over his belly bump.

Siwon was always mesmerized by the younger's voice and not hearing it for the last couple days left him unfocused for a second before realizing what he said.

"Girlfriend? Kyuhyun we talked about this-"

He tried to explain but he was cut off "Yeah and apparently you changed your mind. Don't worry. I already moved out so you can freely do whatever you want"

He spat out leaving Siwon confusedly blinking at his words before he sternly said First of all, I don't have a girlfriend. Second of all, I didn't ask you to leave! We talked about this Kyuhyun! I want you with me. I don't know what you’re upset about!"

Kyuhyun shockingly stared at him, not believing how Siwon doesn’t get what he had done. He unfolded his arms and took a few steps toward him while shouting "WHAT I'M UPSET ABOUT? SERIOUSLY! YOU SLEPT WITH ME AND THEN YOU DISAPPEARED! I TOLD YOU I LOVE YOU AND WE MADE LOVE THEN YOU WERE GONE! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY UPSET! I'M FURIOUS!"

Siwon was startled. He never heard Kyuhyun this angry before and knowing he was the cause behind it, broke his heart. He tried to hold on to the younger's arms but he was shrugged off again.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!"

"Kyuhyun, I'm sorry I left! I can explain, I wa-"

"I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT! I DON'T WANT YOUR EXUSES!"

He took a few breaths to calm down, closing his eyes and rubbing his belly before he whispered "I'm tired..."

Siwon stood still, noting the glistening eyes and the tears that are about to break. Then he sadly asked "Are you tired of loving me?"

Kyuhyun sighed, rubbing his face and not looking at Siwon because he was afraid he would break down hearing that tone.

“Siwon please, just go"

"Kyu~"

"I said just leave!"

"Kyuhyun that's n-"

"Siwon I'm serious. I don't wanna look at you right now" He stole a glance at him but immediately knitted his eyebrows when he saw him looking in another direction.

"That's not me who called you Kyu"

"What?" Kyuhyun exclaimed, too tired to figure out what Siwon meant.

"Kyuhyun... I think..." He approached the younger holding the side of his arms and turning him to face the bed as he continued "I think your brother just called you"

Shocked, Kyuhyun stood frozen in place not knowing if he should believe what he just heard.

"Hyung, are you serious?"

"Yes!" Siwon held him tight and sat him slowly on the edge of the bed afraid he will collapse from the shock "I'll call Dr Youngwoon”

He immediately dialed the doctor's number and asked him to come as soon as possible. He also sent a quick message to Hyukjae asking him to come as well.

He then walked back to Kyuhyun who was tightly holding his brother's hand softly calling his name and waiting for any sort of reaction.

"The doctor is coming"

Kyuhyun nodded, forgetting about his earlier fight with Siwon as he leaned his head on the latter’s waist.

"Are you sure you heard him?"

"You heard him too Kyu! We're the only people here"

They stayed in that position for a while, not saying anything just holding each other with Siwon lovingly caressing Kyuhyun's cheek until they heard the doorbell. Kyuhyun reluctantly let go of Siwon so he could open the door after the older gave him a sweet reassuring smile.

When he came back, Kyuhyun stood up next to him to let the doctor check on Donghae. Siwon immediately entwined their hands and gave him another reassuring smile to let him know that he wasn’t alone and that he wasn't going anywhere and that got him a hopeful smile in return to which Siwon was very grateful to considering where they left their conversation. 

Measuring the blood pressure and using the pen light to check the sleeping man’s pupils reflex, Dr Youngwoon smilingly yet surprisingly turned to face the two men as he exclaimed "There's a response to the light"

Noticing the shock on the men’s face, the doctor added “I believe he’s waking up”

Kyuhyun barely registered the words as he felt weak all of a sudden, only able to stand on his feet because Siwon was holding him tight. He felt extremely dizzy from the shock but also from happiness. His brother was waking up. His only blood family was back which made him think for a second about his babies and what happened the last couple of days. He was momentarily happy when Siwon kissed him that day and how they joined their bodies that night, however, he thought it was too good to last. A lump formed in his throat at his thoughts and he fought hard not to cry.

He looked at Siwon with teary eyes, the sadness and the doubts he had about the man were surly still lingering in his mind, but at that moment, he was just thankful. So he managed to wrap his arms around the man’s neck, embracing him while whispering thank you’s. He could face the reality later, but for now, he just wanted to stay in the arms of the man he was in love with, the man who made his reunion with his brother possible.

- Tbc -