They Care...

My Baby's Surrogate

 

As promised, Siwon arrived home early in the evening, finding Kyuhyun already dressed up and waiting for him in the living room.

When the younger noticed him, he sheepishly smiled while cutely rubbing the back of his not so itchy head. He didn't know what's got into him but he was very excited to be out of the house again. His morning sickness was taking a toll on him, and above his fatigue and tiredness, staying at home the whole day was frustrating him.

“I see you’re ready” Siwon said as he took a seat on the couch next to Kyuhyun, a hint of tease in his tone that didn't go unnoticed by the younger.

“Siwon-ssi… Can we go now?” Normally he would say something to shut him up, but he didn't want to risk having a fight and thus risk his chances of going out. Plus, he couldn't forget that he still needed his cure which was Siwon’s smell. That thought left his cheeks blooming red at the memory of the hug from this morning.

“Are you feeling better?” Siwon worriedly asked when he noted how Kyuhyun’s face was suddenly turning red.

“I was dizzy the whole afternoon, but I’m okay now” Kyuhyun said before averting his gaze to his lap, the look in Siwon’s eyes always making him nervous.

“Dizzy? Did you throw up again?”

Kyuhyun shook his head and started fidgeting with his fingers while a little pout formed on his lips. Siwon, who was starting to get confused by Kyuhyun’s expression, stretched his hand and cupped the younger’s chin as he made him look at him.

“What’s wrong?”

Your behavior is what’s wrong!

Kyuhyun thought but he couldn't say it out loud of course. Instead he just shrugged off his shoulder and put a smile on his face. Siwon still thought something was off but he didn't t push his luck. He retreated his hand before standing up and excusing himself to change.

 

Once Kyuhyun was left alone in the living room, he deeply sighed, letting out the breath that he didn’t know he was holding in the first place.

What’s happening to me? This man sure knows how to turn things upside down for me. Just a couple of months ago, I couldn’t even stand being next to him… Now my heart beats faster whenever I’m around him? It must be the hormones… yeah, definitely the hormones.

Although Kyuhyun was assuring himself that the cause of his fluttering heart around Siwon was his hormones, deep down, he knew that wasn't totally it.

 

...

 

When they were both sitting in the car, Kyuhyun turned to look at Siwon and adorably tilted his head at him.

“We’re having dinner first”

I’m not supposed to know what you’re thinking with just a tilt of your head…

Siwon’s thought got interrupted by the squeal Kyuhyun let out at the mention of food. He excitedly jumped in his seat and when he realized what he just did, it was too late because Siwon was staring at him with eyebrows reaching his hairline.

“Damn hormones!”

Kyuhyun exclaimed, loud enough for Siwon to hear it because he didn't want him think he was childish and a food lover, which he definitely was, but he didn't want to get teased. He then turned his blushing face to look outside the side window, biting on his lower lip in embarrassment.

 

Fifteen minutes later, Siwon and Kyuhyun arrived at ‘Blue Sea’ restaurant, and as they were standing by the entrance, the surrogate’s surprise was very clear on his face.

“You like it?” Siwon leaned in and whispered in his ear, causing Kyuhyun to eagerly nod before hanging his head low when he heard the receptionist giggling at him.

They were then being led to their table which Siwon reserved beforehand, once again leaving Kyuhyun astonished by the decoration of the place.

Kyuhyun wasn't the type of a person to eat at such places. He used to once when he was still with his parents, but during the past year, he was short of money and was pretty busy to find the time to enjoy himself in such a place.

The last time he had been to a fancy restaurant was when he got accepted into Seoul Institute of Arts and his brother Donghae invited him for dinner at a similar restaurant to show how proud he was of him…

 

“Waa hyung! This must be expensive!” Kyuhyun exclaimed upon inspecting the exterior of one of the famous restaurants in Seoul. His expression was so funny that Donghae couldn’t resist but ruffle his hair then move to pinch his cute chubby cheeks, not minding the whines coming from Kyuhyun who jumped in pain.

“My little brother is all grown up now! You deserve this… come on!”

And then he dragged him inside, settling on a table on the patio that overlooked the sea. Kyuhyun was mesmerized by the view, his smile reaching his ears from how excited he was.

“Thanks hyung!”

After they ordered the food, Kyuhyun happily danced in his chair while enjoying each bite of the steak he ordered, leaving his brother grinning at his childish behavior.

“You’re a big boy now. You should stop getting excited over food!”

Donghae decided to tease, enjoying how his little brother blushed before sticking his tongue out at him and focusing on his food again.

“You’re just jealous because I’m younger than you”

Kyuhyun’s statement made Donghae burst out laughing but it soon reduced into a somewhat sad smile knowing he would miss his spoiled brother when the latter heads out to college.

Kyuhyun’s school was in Seoul, but since it was two hours away from his house, he would be staying at the dorms. Although they would still meet on the weekends, it still wouldn’t feel the same as living together.

“I’m gonna miss you, Kyunnie”

Kyuhyun stopped eating, glancing at his brother and noticing his eyes filled with tears. He knew his brother is such a sensitive guy, and although he would normally about his non-endless tears, that time he couldn’t because he knew that he as well… “I’m gonna miss you too, hyung”

Feeling his eyes also getting watery, Kyuhyun stood up and walked to embrace his brother.

“You can’t cry in such a place… cry baby!”

Donghae pouted and pulled on Kyuhyun’s ear but he smiled afterwards, hugging his brother tightly until Kyuhyun was back to his snarky mode as he settled on his chair again.

“Hyung! You’re embarrassing me… Tsk… I’m not moving to the end of the world you know!”

“You see? That’s what I’m definitely gonna miss a lot… NOT!”

Those words earned him a kick under the table before they both burst out laughing, knowing exactly that even behind their teasing words, they will always love each other and have each other’s back no matter what.

 

Kyuhyun didn't notice how his expression suddenly turned sad until Siwon gently tapped his hand and got him out of his train of thoughts.

“Do you wanna go somewhere else?”

Kyuhyun smiled at Siwon’s concern, shaking his head before picking up the menu and hiding his face behind it.

“Let’s order, I’m famished!”

Kyuhyun tried to sound excited again but his voice cracked, and even though Siwon caught on it, he decided not to say anything in case Kyuhyun didn't want to tell him.

...

 

They talk about the pregnancy and stuff mostly related to the baby while they enjoyed their food, and Siwon was mostly paying great attention to each little detail Kyuhyun made while eating.

Like when Kyuhyun took his first bite of the Scallop Risotto he ordered for appetizer, his orbs expanded and his lips twitched into a satisfied smile before he dug in for another bite. Or when they reached the main entry which was a beef wellington for Kyuhyun and a salmon fillet for Siwon, the surrogate adorably patted his tummy as if getting it ready for what was about to come. Every little thing Kyuhyun did had left Siwon absolutely enchanted by him.

Nevertheless, not until he had almost finished his food that Kyuhyun could feel two blazing eyes on him which made him snap his head up and blush when he was met with Siwon’s stare before he questionably eyed him.

Siwon was spacing out admiring the boy in front of him that he didn't realize Kyuhyun was staring at him until there was waving in front of his face.

“Siwon-ssi?”

Siwon nervously shifted in his seat as he averted his gaze away. His heart was unsteady and he didn't know why Kyuhyun managed to make him feel that disturbed.

“Are you okay?”

Kyuhyun worriedly asked and Siwon cleared his throat before looking at him again.

“I’m fine. You seem to have a good appetite… I’m glad”

The way Siwon changed the subject left Kyuhyun confusedly staring at him. He could feel Siwon struggling not to look at him as he already bent his head down and focused on his food, and Kyuhyun badly wanted to know what Siwon was thinking right then. However, when he suddenly replayed Siwon’s words in his mind, he deeply pouted before folding his arms on the table and burying his head in it.

Siwon was alarmed, rewinding what he just said that could make Kyuhyun upset. When he doesn't come up with anything, he started to get worried that Kyuhyun might be sick or feeling unwell and thus he tapped his shoulder.

“Kyuhyun? Is everything okay?”

Instead of an answer, Siwon heard a faint sob while Kyuhyun’s shoulders were shaking. He started to freak out a bit, tugging on Kyuhyun’s arm firmly until the latter lifted his head and stared at him with his teary face.

Siwon’s heart broke when he was met with Kyuhyun’s chocolate orbs blurred with tears, suddenly growing anxious about the reason behind them.

“Y-You think I-I’m f-“

Kyuhyun said between his sniffs, but the last word got swallowed by a loud weep.

“What?”

“YOU THINK I’M FAT!”

Kyuhyun shouted, succeeding in getting the attention of almost everyone in the restaurant and causing the man in front of him to bulge his eyes at the statement.

“When did I-“ he paused, looking around him and noticing how people were giving him weird looks before he glanced back at Kyuhyun and lowly hissed “I didn’t say you’re fat!”

“You implied it!” Kyuhyun retorted, making Siwon take a deep breath and telling himself it was just the hormones acting up.

“Kyuhyun, you’re not fat”

Siwon’s words made Kyuhyun’s sniffs decrease as he stared at him for a few seconds before softly asking “Really?”

“Of course!”

Kyuhyun smiled at Siwon’s reassurance then picked up his fork and knife and resumed eating like he didn’t just make Siwon look like an in front of all those people.

Siwon, who was dumbfounded about what just happened, could only sigh and continue staring at Kyuhyun who was now happily munching on his food while slightly dancing in his chair. The tears' strains on his cheeks making his face glo, sending a tug into Siwon's heart because he didn't t like to see Kyuhyun cry.

Without him realizing, he found himself smiling at the boy in front of him while shaking his head in disbelief.

It’s just the second month and look what you’re doing to me…

...

 

When they finished their meal, they left the restaurant both quite satisfied, although not as much as Kyuhyun whose face was still very bright, and the smile was still broadly painted on his lips.

As they stepped outside, the cold breeze welcomed them and Kyuhyun shivered since he wasn't wearing a thick coat. Siwon, who noticed it, was right there by his side, rubbing his hands on the sides of his arms seeking for warmth.

Kyuhyun was abashed at first, but as his body started relaxing and enjoying the warmth radiating not only from Siwon’s hands but also from the proximity of their bodies, he was soon relaxed even though his heart was going frenzy on the inside.

“I forgot my gloves! I’ll be right back”

Siwon announced before he headed back inside, missing on the whimper Kyuhyun let out at the loss of the shielding warmth.

So waiting outside with hands deep in his pockets, he slowly started humming while walking in circles to bring some heat to his body.

“Beauty?”

Someone suddenly called and Kyuhyun was startled by a tall guy standing in front of him, a goofy smile on his face as he eyed Kyuhyun from head to toe.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

Kyuhyun cocked an eyebrow at the stranger while taking a step back since the other person was invading his personal space.

“You don’t remember me?” The man looked offended but Kyuhyun didn't really care.

“Should I?”

“We met at Club ‘1013’ a couple of months ago”

Kyuhyun tried to process the information in his head, managing to recall that night, a couple of days after he got injected by Siwon’s seeds. He had met Siwon there and got dragged out of the club so they would talk, and as he remembered the reason he was dragged, his lips formed an O while his eyes slightly expanded.

“So you do remember!”

The guy excitedly said, glad that Kyuhyun remembered him. He then introduced himself “I’m Zhoumi”

Kyuhyun eyed him strangely, suddenly imagining what Siwon might've thought of him if he saw him standing with this guy, and oddly he seemed very concerned about it. So he took a step back, slightly glaring at the man, but before he could turn around and walk away, Zhoumi gripped his arm and pulled him closer.

Kyuhyun was taken aback by that move, his hands immediately pushed the man's chest as he struggled free. However, the tall guy was much stronger than him and so he overpowered him and managed to pull him even closer until their bodies were slightly brushing.

“Let go!” Kyuhyun screamed but Zhoumi only smirked at him, leaning his head forward, causing Kyuhyun to flinch at the threatening proximity.

“You heard him!”

Came a firm sound behind them and Kyuhyun abruptly turned around knowing it was Siwon. He suddenly got nervous and afraid that the older might've took it the wrong way, and by the glare he was sending to the Zhoumi guy, Kyuhyun finally found the power to push the man off of him and take a few steps back toward Siwon.

“You again” Zhoumi scoffed, returning the glare to Siwon but the latter broke his gaze and turned to check on Kyuhyun.

“Are you okay?”

Siwon asked, and Kyuhyun didn't miss on the concern in his tone. He was relieved that Siwon wasn't mad at him because they were in good terms recently and he didn't want anything to ruin it.

“I’m sorry” He said after nodding, making Siwon pull him closer and possessively drape an arm around his waist.

“Why do you always have to appear whenever I try to talk to beauty” Zhoumi questioned, causing Siwon to clench his fist in order not to punch the hell out of him for giving himself the right to call Kyuhyun by that nickname.

“Siwon-ssi, let’s just go please” Kyuhyun gently whispered, his delicate voice managing to calm Siwon down as his dark orbs turned soft by the warm look in Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“Tsk… I’m better for you, you know”

Zhoumi blurted out, which only made Siwon’s anger pine up in his chest. He remembered the guy from the club and he remembered how he made him so worked up when he asked Kyuhyun to dance. But right then, he was the one standing by Kyuhyun’s side and he was very glad the surrogate had no intention in talking to him either.

“Better walk away”

Zhoumi tsked before taking a few steps closer to them, daringly looking into Siwon’s eyes causing him to tighten his grip on Kyuhyun’s waist.

“Why? Think I’m intimidated by you? Who are you to him anyway?”

Kyuhyun could feel the tension rising up and his body got chills all over and it wasn't because of the cold since that was all forgotten by then. He could feel how Siwon’s body was tensing up and how his fingers were digging in his skin and he got scared. Not because he didn't like how Siwon was protecting him, because in the contrary he liked how the older was being possessive over him, but because he didn't want him to get hurt because of him.

“He's carrying my child”

Siwon proudly announced, managing to make Kyuhyun gasp and Zhoumi to eye him shockingly.

“You’re pregnant? H-How?”

Kyuhyun bent his head down, not liking the judgmental look on Zhoumi's face. His hands started to sweat and he scooted his body closer to Siwon, making them stick by the side because he felt safer that way.

Siwon didn't miss on Kyuhyun’s anxiety and it made him irritated for this stranger to ruin Kyuhyun’s good mood.

“None of your business”

He confidently answered, his arm rubbing Kyuhyun’s side as if assuring him that it was okay.

“So you’re a ty boy? I would’ve never guessed, beauty!”

Zhoumi's amused grin and his offending words were what broke Siwon’s temper as he raised his fist and punched him hard, sending him crashing on the floor while blood strains splashed on his face.

“Let’s go”

He muttered before dragging the shocked Kyuhyun away from the scene and into his car, making sure to drive away as fast as possible.

 

...

 

Siwon was focusing on his driving, clenching on his jaw in anger over what happened, while Kyuhyun was just looking outside the side window as he rewound Zhoumi's hurtful words.

They kept quiet for a while until a sob broke the silence, getting Siwon’s attention as he shifted his gaze to look at Kyuhyun who was now hiding his face behind his hands, crying while his shoulders were going up and down.

Siwon immediately stopped the car by the sidewalk before focusing on Kyuhyun.

“Hey! Kyuhyun?” He worriedly called, gently shaking the surrogate’s shoulder to make him look at him.

“Kyuhyun, why are you crying?” He knew it was stupid to ask that since the boy was just called a by a stranger, but he couldn't help but hope the crying was about a different thing.

Kyuhyun slowly pried his hands away, the tears were blurring his sight but he could definitely tell that Siwon was giving him another one of his concerned looks.

“I-I’m a-a s-!” He stuttered between his hiccups and sniffs, causing Siwon to hold back from cursing that man.

“You’re not, Kyuhyun”

Although Siwon’s tone had no doubt in it, still Kyuhyun couldn't shake up the insecurity feeling inside him.

“I-I’m a f-freak and a s-!”

Siwon’s eyes bulged out at the choice of words before he returned to his seat, firmly gritting on his teeth while gripping on the steering wheel tightly until his knuckles turned white. He then switched the lanes and sped away.

Kyuhyun was too busy with underestimating himself that he didn't dare to ask Siwon to slow down although he was quite disappointed that he wasn't comforting him enough. So he just went back to staring out the side window while his tears kept on streaming down.

A few minutes later, Kyuhyun felt the car stopping but when he looked around, he realized that they weren't home but on the Han River bridge. He questionably turned to look at Siwon, but the latter didn't say anything and climbed off the car, leaving Kyuhyun staring at his back dumbfounded.

After a couple of minutes, Siwon returned to the car and Kyuhyun quickly turned to look at him, about to snap at him for leaving him alone in the car, but the two scoop ice cream that caught his sight made his words disappear in his throat.

“Chocolate Nougat ice cream” Siwon said as he handed Kyuhyun the icy dessert, very much satisfied by how the younger’s cheeks blushed a little and his lips cutely pouted.

“Where’s the coffee flavor?”

Kyuhyun asked, the reason he was crying was temporarily forgotten as he excitedly reached for his ice cream, tasted a spoonful before looking back at Siwon, waiting for him to answer.

“You don’t like coffee ice cream” Siwon confusedly stated, but when Kyuhyun’s pout deepened and his eyes formed into a not so intimidated glare, he could only sigh and head out to get him what he wanted.

When he was back, he handed the little cup to Kyuhyun but the younger shook his head and resumed eating his ice cream.

Siwon stared at him bewilder, not understanding what was happening “You don’t want it anymore?”

Kyuhyun faced him, tilting his head to one side before adorably muttering “It’s for you” then he went back to eating.

Those simple words left Siwon puzzlingly blinking his eyes at the younger’s behavior. He couldn't believe how Kyuhyun was thinking about him just after crying his heart out a few minutes ago.

His heart weirdly fluttered, locking his gaze on the way Kyuhyun was eating like a little child, reminding him of the first time they came there.

Although he wasn't a fan of sweets, Siwon couldn't deny Kyuhyun anything. Thus, he leaned back on his seat and started eating his ice cream as well.

A few seconds later, a little gasp was heard and when Siwon turned to see what it was, he was met with a cute little pout as Kyuhyun spilled some of his ice cream on his shirt.

“You eat like a little baby” Siwon commented, before reaching for a tissue and cleaning Kyuhyun’s shirt. He could’ve easily handed him the tissue, but no. When it came to Kyuhyun, he wanted to do everything by himself.

“I do not!” Kyuhyun adorably retorted, causing Siwon to silently motion for the shirt which made the younger blush again and turn his face to the side.

As he did, Siwon noticed Kyuhyun had a stain of ice cream on the corner of his lips, and forgetting the tissue in his hand, his thumb softly caressed Kyuhyun’s lip, wiping the drop.

The sudden move made Kyuhyun flinch as the touch was somewhat making butterflies fly in his belly, and when he faced Siwon, the older’s gaze was fixed on his lips making him flush heavily as his heart started beating frantically.

When Siwon realized what he was doing, he withdrew his hand and was about to wipe it with the tissue when Kyuhyun gripped it and led the thumb to his mouth, it clean.

Seeing the pad of his thumb disappearing into Kyuhyun’s mouth, Siwon’s eyes were wide open, his mouth feeling suddenly dry, his heart was jumping around, and his thick eyebrows were frowning in total confusion mixed with amazement. The way Kyuhyun looked down while the ice cream off of his finger was making him unbelievably taken by surprise. What was shocking even more, was that Kyuhyun didn't really realize what he just did because when he freed Siwon’s hand, he innocently smiled at him before going back to eating his ice cream.

Siwon was dazed as he stared at Kyuhyun for a few seconds before leaning back on his seat with his now wet thumb separated from the other fingers. He rested his elbow on the edge of the side window with his hand in front of his eyes, staring at the thumb Kyuhyun just clean.

Never in his twenty seven years of life did Siwon not know what was happening to him until that moment. Moving his hand forward, pushing his thumb in his mouth and on it as well. He closed his eyes for a moment as he seemed enjoying Kyuhyun’s very faint taste on his finger.

However, not long after, he snapped out of it, shockingly popping his eyes out at his own action. He then abruptly got out from the car and headed upfront, leaning on the car’s cap and thus his back was facing the startled Kyuhyun.

SW: What the hell is wrong with me? My life has never been this way before Cho Kyuhyun came in to it. It’s definitely not boring anymore but I don’t know if this change is a good thing. I’m never the one to get physical with someone, nor am I the type to… oh my shisus! I have to get my head straight!

Shortly after, Kyuhyun joined him, standing in front of him with arms crossed over his chest and head tilted to the side as he shyly asked “Are you okay?”

“I should be asking you that”

Siwon replied, immediately making Kyuhyun hang his head low as he remembered the events of earlier.

“You’re not a freak or a . I don’t want to hear you say that ever again”

Siwon sternly exclaimed, managing to make Kyuhyun snap his head up and sadly look at him.

“I’ve already struggled with who I am before… I don’t want to do it all over again” He honestly admitted, a few tears stuck in the corner of his eyes, causing Siwon to gaze at him intently before gripping on his arm and pulling him to his embrace.

SW: I hate seeing him like this…

Kyuhyun was surprised for a second, but when he felt the familiar scent and the usual warmth spreading throughout his body, he quickly relaxed and hugged Siwon back.

“There’s nothing wrong with you”

Siwon whispered in Kyuhyun’s ear, emitting a sincere smile to grace the surrogate’s lips as he buried his head further in Siwon’s neck and tightened his hold around his back, clenching on the man’s shirt like his life depended on him.

“Thank you”

 

SW: After meeting you... my life is definitely not boring anymore…

 

KH: I don’t hate you anymore, Siwon-ssi…

 

 

- Tbc -

 


There you go! 
I see some progress here, right? XD
Siwon was meant to be cold but I don't think I can write that >_<
Besides, he can't possibly be cold around this bundle of cuteness Kyunnie! 

 

For you who noticed... yeah I watch Hell's Kitchen lol