Symptoms

Numbed II; A Fresh Start

 

 

After returning from their trip to Jeju, both Yeojin and Zico’s day-to-day activities revolved around dropping by the construction area to having meetings with potential investors and sponsors for the company. Zico also had to work on new songs and dig out information regarding the CEO for Yeojin.

 

It was a draining process for Yeojin as meeting with clients and all just wasn’t her cup of tea. Finally, after 7 long months, the construction of the company as well as the interior design, were all completed.

 

Yeojin was at a loss for words when she saw the completed building. Z and Y Entertainment, she finally did it.

 

Unfortunately, Aunt Yoon was in Europe for a business trip and had to miss the opening ceremony of the company. Yeojin’s office was on the second floor, which was just beside the recording room, and Zico’s office was just across the corridor. On the third floor, there were two practice rooms and three meeting rooms, as well as an office which was left empty for Aunty Yoon.

 

The day after the opening ceremony, Yeojin was packing some files and stationaries she got when Zico knocked on her door.

 

“You need to see this.” Zico said as he walked towards Yeojin, a brown envelope in his hands. Yeojin took it over, somehow sensing that the documents were important. Her eyes glanced over the documents, her brows furrowing as she continued reading.

 

“So, all of the money that B.A.P earned for the company are parked under a shell company in Hong Kong?” Yeojin asked incredulously the moment she was done reading. Zico nodded in response.

 

Yeojin’s grip tightened on the documents in her hands. Now, they had all the information they required to bring the CEO down. The vibration in Yeojin’s pocket snapped her out of her thoughts.

 

Answering the call, she realized that it was from a potential investor for the company. After she ended her call, Zico asked if she needs him to drive her but Yeojin declined, insisted that he needed some rest and she could drive on her own as it was only a 10 minutes’ drive.

 

Yeojin got the car keys from Zico and set off towards a nearby café to meet the investor. Yeojin has already prepared and brought along the contract as the investor had already finalized his interest in investing in the company.

 

As expected, the meeting took less than 30 minutes and Yeojin left the café, feeling contented and elated that another investor was secured for the company. As she was walking towards the car, a group of guys caught her eye.

 

Realizing that it was Youngjae and his group of friends, Yeojin hastened her footsteps. Before she could reach the car, she was hit with sudden giddy spells and her legs were starting to give way. Yeojin tried her best to fight it but the giddiness took over and she fainted beside the car.

 

Youngjae, who had his eyes fixed on Yeojin the moment he saw her, ran towards her and called for the ambulance immediately. He slipped his arm under her neck, propping her up and calling her name frantically.

 

¨¨¨¨

 

Youngjae watched as Yeojin laid on the hospital bed peacefully, his eyes glazing over her face, realizing that she’s way different from the girl he remembered.

 

As Zico had called Yeojin’s phone several times as he was starting to get worried about the lack of updates from her, Youngjae answered the call and told him about her. Zico rushed down after that and three hours have passed since Yeojin was sent to the hospital.

 

Zico couldn’t fight his fatigue and was willing to take a nap only after Youngjae assured him that he would wake him up once Yeojin was awake.

 

Youngjae’s attention snapped back to Yeojin the moment he saw movements. Yeojin was stirring and she opened her eyes shortly after. “Youngjae?” Her voice was hoarse and dry.

 

Youngjae nodded, not saying a word, and helped her to sit up by adjusting her pillow and the bed. Yeojin caught a glimpse of Zico who was still asleep, mentally prepared herself for the scolding that she was going to get soon.

 

“It’s good to see you again, but I wish that I wasn’t here and under such circumstances.” Yeojin her dry lips, turning towards Youngjae, “It’s nice to see you too.” That was all that Yeojin could think of saying, her mind just drew a blank.

 

“Take care of yourself, alright? I have somewhere else to be at, so I guess I will see you around.” Youngjae said, standing up from the chair he was occupying and heading straight out of the ward.

 

He paused further down the corridor, recalling what the doctor told him about Yeojin’s condition. She had a blood clot in her brain, possibly due to the trauma to her head when she was kidnapped by her brother, Junsu. It only surfaced now as in certain situations, the symptoms of brain injury might not occur immediately at the time of injury.

 

Youngjae in a deep breath, attempting to calm himself before he continued walking.

 

Back at Yeojin’s ward, a man was standing outside the door. He glanced at Yeojin briefly before walking away, making a call along the way. “Sir, I’ve got news for you, she’s in the hospital.”