Return

Numbed II; A Fresh Start

                                                                   

 

 

“P.O! U-kwon! Are you guys ready yet? Hurry up, we are running late!” Zico’s voice echoed throughout the house. “Coming!”, was the only answer he got.

 

Zico glanced into the full-length mirror in the living room and adjusted his bowtie and suit nervously.

 

“Alright, alright. We are done, let’s go.” P.O and U-kwon rushed out of their rooms frantically, with their hair styled up and donning similar suits and ties as Zico. Zico rolled his eyes, muttering inaudibly under his breath while grabbing his car keys from the counter.

 

They finally arrived at Los Angeles International University, 15 minutes after the graduation ceremony for the Class of 2018 has started. They rushed into the graduation hall, taking whichever empty seats they could spot.

 

P.O shifted in his seat, craning his neck and peeking down at the main stage. “, I hope we didn’t miss Yeojin.”, a comment which earned a glare from Zico.

 

5 graduating students were called up onto the stage before Yeojin’s name was finally announced. All three of them straightened up in their seats immediately and P.O already has his mobile phone in his hands, all ready to capture Yeojin’s big moment.

 

“Choi Yeojin, graduating with first-class honors.” All 3 of them let out a series of “Woop!” “Yes!” “That’s Choi Yeojin!”, cheering for Yeojin at the top of their voices. Yeojin glanced up at them from the main stage, a blissful smile spreading over her face. After the mandatory handshake and photograph, the 3 boys left the graduation hall and went out to meet Yeojin.

 

Yeojin rushed towards the boys the moment she spotted them, smiling from ear to ear. “You guys made it!” Yeojin exclaimed while hugging P.O.

 

Zico smiled and gently ruffled her hair, “Of course! How could we miss our girl’s graduation ceremony? Graduating with first-class honors? Wow! I think the only ‘honor’ that I will be graduating with is ‘We are glad you didn’t fail!’”

 

Zico’s comment earned a snicker from P.O and U-kwon, “Glad that you know it.” The both of them said concurrently. Zico rolled his eyes, choosing to ignore them.

 

“Shall we go, Yeojin? I think you deserve a treat for your hard work the past 4 years.” Yeojin nodded in response excitedly, “Where are we going though? I don’t want anything fancy, just something simple would do.”

 

Zico and Yeojin ended up at Yeojin’s favorite restaurant in Los Angeles, which was an authentic Korean restaurant owned by a Korean couple who migrated to Los Angeles. P.O and U-kwon couldn’t join them as they had to meet a producer.

 

Over the past 4 years, many things have changed. One of them was that Zico, P.O and U-kwon has established themselves in the States. Zico started off by producing his own songs, which ended up being a big hit online and landed him an exclusive contract with one of the big entertainment companies here in the States.

 

Yeojin’s train of thoughts were interrupted by the group of girls who were looking over at their table, whispering among themselves and squealing. Yeojin bit back a smile, glancing back at Zico and realizing that he was totally clueless.

 

“Hey, hotshot.” Yeojin nudged his leg gently to get his attention. “Huh?”

 

A smile broke through, taking over Yeojin’s face. “A lot of things have changed over the last 4 years, didn’t it?” Yeojin said, with a tinge of sadness in her voice.

 

Zico nodded softly, glancing at his fingers which was fiddling the cup of water he held in his hands. “Yeah, this wasn’t part of our plan.”

 

Yeojin went quiet, she knew clearly the meaning behind Zico’s words. Just as Yeojin’s thoughts threatened to engulf her, the waitress snapped her out of it, serving them the food that they have ordered.

 

They ate quietly, the atmosphere wasn’t tense, but it certainly wasn’t as light-hearted as before. Unsaid words lingered in the air between both of them, waiting to be expressed but were left unsaid as both parties didn’t know how to address them.

 

After their dinner, both of them decided to take a walk around the vicinity before heading back to their apartment.

 

“So, have you decided on what you plan to do next?” Zico asked, breaking the silence between them. Yeojin adjusted her leather jacket, unconsciously letting out a soft sigh. “You know all along what my plans are, Zic.”

 

After a few moments of silence, Yeojin spoke again, “Are you coming with me?”

 

Zico brushed a hand through his soft hair, shrugging. “I don’t know, Jin. I can’t really say that I agree with your plans.” Yeojin nodded, turning to glance at Zico, “I know, that’s why I am not forcing you to come along.”

 

Zico sighed, grabbing Yeojin’s arm gently, pulling her to a stop. Now that he finally got a good look at her, he realized that the girl Yeojin used to be was no longer there. She is now so much stronger and matured and he is beyond proud to see that. But he knows clearly every single thing that she went through for the past 4 years, be it big or small, as he was right beside her through it all.

 

Tugging her arm gently, Zico pulled Yeojin into his arms and wrapped his arms around her. “You know that I will always support you if it’s really what you want.” Yeojin squeezed her eyes shut, tightening her arms which were around Zico’s waist, “And I will always be thankful for that.”

 

¨¨¨

 

Just as Yeojin stepped into the Arrival Hall, she spotted a sign with her name scribbled on it haphazardly. Smiling, she glanced up at the person who was holding it, already aware of the said person’s identity.

 

Squealing, Yeojin ran towards B-Bomb and engulfed him in a tight hug, “Oh my gosh, I missed you so much!”.

 

Trailing behind, Zico, P.O and U-kwon looked at each other. “Am I the only one who’s not excited for this reunion?” P.O and U-kwon shook their heads, expressing their exact same thoughts as Zico.

 

Sighing, the three of them trudged towards them, who didn’t even bother waiting for them as they are already walking towards the carpark.

 

Once they are in the car heading to U-Kwon’s apartment, Yeojin’s eyes were fixated on the passing scenery outside the window. It’s been 4 years, Seoul’s landscape looked so familiar, yet so foreign. The same went for the 6 individuals who had been on her mind ever since she boarded the flight back to Seoul. She can’t help but to wonder, ‘Where are they right now? Are they doing well?’

 

Yeojin didn’t have the time to dwell in her thoughts once they have arrived at U-Kwon’s apartment with all the unpacking she had to do and at the back of her mind, she knew that it was time to kickstart her plans and harvest the fruits of her labor.

 


 

First chapter is up! Do leave me some comments hehe thank you for reading~ ^^