Death Contract

Death Contract

 

Ji Eun P.O.V

I open my eyes as I heard a shrill scream. The environment just gloom and all black. Just like being in a dark pit...I was all alone. Yeah, I grew up in an orphanage since I was born. I grew up without my parents’ love. The other kids were also scared to befriend with me. They even afraid to be closed with me...What I had done until they  treated me like this?

But then, I prove them that an orphan is also capable of success. Now, I’ve a boasting marketing company which I set up with my own effort. I live by adhering a princip ; “A miracle is another word for hardwork”. But still, I feel lonely. I feel my life is empty. I was almost despair for life...

I don’t blaim my parents for making me an orphan. They died in an accident. Since that, I became a silence person. I became a loner.

I continue my walk without knowing where I am. Suddenly, there’s something block my step. Like...something heavy tied  on my left leg. I turn to see what is that and found a figure hugging my leg tightly. I can’t see it face clearly because it wear a hoddies. I struggle and manage to run away from that ‘unknown thing’. Luckily, that figure do not chase me or else it might already being by it.

Unfortunately, I fell into a lake. I try to scream but my voice stuck in my throat. Badly, I don’t even know how to swim. Someone,help me...! Damn! This lake so deep and I start drowning. Bubbles are here and there make me fell more dizzy. Finally, I despair. I’m going to dead because of drowning, let it be. I close my eyes slowly, letting myself sink under the lake.

Wait...! I’m not going to be dead. I still want to live, yes! I can’t despair this easily. Plus, there’s something I’ve to do before I died. I need to survive...I’ve to survive! Yes, that’s it.

With a new spirit, I struggle again and again. Suddenly, I feel like being with something wide. Oh, no wonder. There’s a black hole below me. t! No matter what, I still going to be dead. No other way, it is already fate that I’m going to drowning. I can’t change the fate. Even everyone.

Now, I just can wait for a miracle. Miracle?! Like what? A boy who is willing to lose his life to save me? Nonsense! I am all alone here, in an unknown planet

“Ouch! “ I fall from my bed and my head hit the floor.

“Aishh” I rub my head as it is really painful. I walk towards the window and flick the curtains, letting the morning sunlight entering my whole room through the window. It has been two weeks, I got the same dream. Is it a sign? A sign for what? I am going to be dead?

Huh, I don’t want to think such this thing. It’s even better I go to bath and get change. I’ve about 3 appointments today...

KAI P.O.V

I am trying to solve a rubic cube to challenge Luhan on ‘Rubic Cube Game’ but someone interrupt me from behind. I turn back and found it was the boss. In a quick mode, I hide the rubic cube in my coat and bow to him.

“Kai, it is already timed. Take her soul and bring it back here. Make sure you fulfil her last request before her last breath”

I’m a bit startled when he announce me to do so but I just nod and using my power; teleportation to reach my master.  Yea...my one and only mistress. I hope she doesn’t surprise with my first presence in front of her. Poor she. Died in a young age. She must can’t accept it. What can I do to help her? Nothing. I’ve been commanded to do so and I've no choice.

I’ve know  her since she was born. In a short form, I know her completely. She grew up in an orphanage after her parents ‘leave’ her. Indeed, I never leave her like her parents did. I’m always by her side but only she don’t noticed that. Of course she is because I’m invisible. That’s the rule for being a guardian. Honestly, I really would like to appear in front of her. I would like to tell her that I’m here, I would like to tell her that she never alone all this while. I will always be there whenever she need.

Been a guardian is such a burden! You can’t appear in front of your mistress. You’re completely invisible, in front of your master nor the others. Talk about her, I wonder what is she doing right now? I’m curious.

Ji Eun P.O.V

Huh, today is just full of tiredness. Nevermind, I’ve gave my best for this project. Now, I just need to sign the confirmation agreement. I arrange the documents which  are messing my desk. Then, I make my way out the room and I found that nobody’s there. This office shouldn’t be like this. It should be full of joyful, full of my staff’s laugh...I wonder why it become silent like this, just like in...cemetery?

The light is open, but the dim one and some of them non-stop flashing. Even in  that situation, I see a male teenager...no. Seems like, his age is same as me. He keep standing there while I walk towards him. When I’m about a further away from him, I can see him clearly. He is leaning against the soft yellow wall, wearing a suit and smile to me.

“Sorry, this office is already close for today. If there is something important, you can come back here on the office hour tomorrow” I guess he is one of my customer so I treat him like I treat my other customer. All he do is laugh...laugh to me. I’m in a bit confuse and scare at the same time. It’s like...what’s wrong with this guy?

‘Huh, insane guy...’

“My,my...you know what, Ji Eun? You’re not supposed to be here..” he say for the first time but still, he can’t hold his laugh. I step backwards once and...

“You still as cute as before. Nothing much changed”...and he step forwards towards me while I keep backwards . Luckily no one were there. I’m now leaning against the wall. “Why? Afraid?” he smirk. I close my eyes, “H-How you know my name?”.

“My name is Kai. I’m your guardian and also your reaper, of course I know your name” his now in serious emotion. “Kai? A guardian and a reaper?” Guess what? This time, I am the one who laugh now. “I’m serious, Ji Eun. Your condition are critical right now, your lying on the hospital’s bed ; unconscious!”he shake your shoulder while I laugh continuously. “Laugh as much as you want ‘cause you can’t laugh again after this...” he close my eyes with his hand and all I see is black...

FLASHBACK P.O.V

Ring, ring!

The bell of ice-cream truck noisily rang across the street. As fast as light, the ice-cream man was gathered by all kids near the park. “Noona, could you please buy me an ice-cream? I want the strawberry flavour” Ji Min, my foster little brother whispered to me. I chuckled with this 6 years old kid and told him to waited me and I’ll be back with the ice-cream then made my way to acrossed the road when suddenly...

Pi...pi! Pi!

I heard a car horn from the right side and...

Crashhh...!

I now lying on the road. My sight were a bit fuzzy but all I could saw was Ji Min over the road who was just about to get me and checked my condition. Other than that, I could saw the passer-by start gathering around me. All of them took out their cell phone. Some of them called the ambulance and the other using their smart phone’s camera too snapping me; a poor girl who’s bleeding badly.

The driver who crash me just now went out from his car and took me to the hospital with by my side Ji Min. As I entered his car, I closed my eyes, tried to bear the pain after being hit by a car...

END OF FLASBACK P.O.V

Ji Eun P.O.V

I open my eyes, it was really tragic! Blood splattered all over the road. It’s like I just woke up from a nightmare. The vision, I saw the girl clearly, the girl were  look like me! Is it...really me?

“Haha, I’ve told you before. Now, trust me or not?” the guy are still there, with his both hand nitty his pants pocket. “If I were already dead, why I’m still here?” I ask him curiousity.

“You aren’t dead yet you just...unconcious. But, you’re going to be dead soon and that’s why I’m here. To take you soul” he explain me clearly make me feel more down.

“You’re not here instead. It was just your spirit” he across his hand while standing beside me

“Can I extend my life?” I turn to him and all he do is sigh. “I...”

He cut my words,“Of course but only if you have a reasonable excuse to extend your life”

We walk together but I don’t know where to go. Because it is winter in Korea, each part of my body like going to frozen. He take my right hand and put it in his coat’s pocket  along with his hand. He give me an angelic smile. “Excuse? Like what?” I ask him to prevent myself from blushing in front of him.

“Well, something important in your life. We as reaper called it ‘Death Contract’”

“Oh, well. I guess I don’t have any” I feel down and ask him to take me to the hospital where my unconscious body is. He use his teleportation so we arrive there as quick as a blink of an eye.

Outside from the transparent glass wall, I could see myself on the bed. Wires are here and there and beside my unconscious body is Ji Min. He is crying and wishing me to get well soon. I feel bad for him. Yes, I admit it...I failed to be a good foster sister. I couldn’t help but to cry...not because I’m going to be dead soon but because I’ve to leave Ji Min alone even though it’s not my will.

“Omo! Ji Eun, are you crying?” he raise my chin up and ask me in concern. I take his hand off from my cheeks and walk away without knowing where I’m heading next.

Kai P.O.V

I heard a sobbing sound which I found it is from Ji Eun, my adorable mistress. I ask her what’s wrong and try to wipe her tears but she take off my hands and walk away. I stare the boy who is sitting next to Ji Eun’s coma body. I know, there is something she try to hide from me. Something that related to that boy. I wonder what it is...

The next day...(still with Kai P.O.V)

Today is the day. The day where I will reveal what is the relationship between my mistress with this kid.

I’ve to disguise in front of him. I’m wearing a pair of spectacles, a stethoscope hung on my neck and a complete white robe. Guess who I am right now? A doctor, of course...! Puahahahaha, can you guys imagine it? xD

Ehem...serious, Kai. This aren’t easy as you think. I enter Ji Eun’s ward and I see a boy is sitting there just like yesterday. He is reading a book to my mistress even he don’t know whether she is listening or not. His focus interrupted when he found me already standing beside him. I smile towards him and so do him.

“I’m Kim Joong In, the doctor in charge who manage her wellness” I push my spectacles up my nose, act like a friendly-serious doctor. I also use my birth name to introduce myself.

“I’m Ji Min. Luckily noona got a calibre doctor to take care of her” he give me a smile and I can see his dimples. Aha! Now I know they are brother and sister.

 “Noona is such a kind person and I don’t know why bad things always happen on kind person this nowadays” he is just a kid but his opinion is comparable to an adult! I feel a bit guilty for lying him as a doctor but I don’t have any choice.

“I’m an orphan, same as noona. She is just my foster sister. She found me in the orphanage she had ever lived in. She took me as his foster brother. She took good care of me indeed. For the first time, I felt being appreciated. We understand each other as an orphan. We used to felt lonely, lived in our own world. We used to being shunned by the others” he tell me everything from A to Z. Now, I feel more, more guilty than before.

What have I done? Trying to separate this two foster siblings away?  If I take one of them, of course the other one who stay will be lonely back. S*it! This can’t be happen! Like never!

I excuse myself and leave Ji Min. I have to find Ji Eun right now...before it too late.

Ji Eun P.O.V

I go to hospital to check Ji Min’s condition. I bet he isn’t even back home since I was admitted to the hospital. I’ve to make sure he is all alright because...because I’m going to leave him soon...

I just stand behind the wall made by glass. Suddenly Kai appear beside me, “Ji Eun! Here you are! I’ve been searching you for a long time, you know!”

“Okay,  I’m ready now” I nod while closing my eyes, ready the soul to be taken. “Ready? Ready for what?” he act like he don’t know anything. Aishh...this guy make me annoy. “You told me that you’ll take my soul before aren’t you? So, I’m ready now” I turn to him while rolling my eyes.

“Nope, your soul wouldn’t be taken” he shake his head telling me a good news. “Mwuh? Why?” he make me more puzzled. I’m extremely confused with this guy. “Well, not an important reason but a reason that can’t be avoid” he smile for me and I know that is the last smile he would give to me.

“Well, I’ve to continue my journey as a reaper; collect the others soul. I hope we didn’t meet again after this because if we do, you know what will happen, right? Take good care of Ji Min, he’d very love you and the most important thing is, take good care of yourself, okay? Be careful whenever you across road again! Ijk...haha” he winks to me before kiss my forehead. “That is a lucky charm” again and again, he smile but this time is more adorable.

I would like to ask him more but my whole body become transparent in slow motion while he waving me.

“Noona!!!” Ji Min hug you as you open your eyes after unconscious for more than one week.

‘Eh? Since when I am here? I thought I was with...’

“Kai...” I see him behind the ward’s transparent wall. He use his teleportation power after smile and wave towards me for the last time.

“Ji Min!” I hug Ji Min back.

‘Thanks...for the second chance for life, my sweet reaper’