Step 18 : An Offer

Winning Seo Joo Hyun Back

Step 18 : An Offer

 

 

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5eXClRbrZk

 

Everyone in the studio gasped, they just can’t believe that Seohyun is really in front of them, in FNC.

“Annyeonghaeseoyo Seohyun sunbaenim.” The AOA members bowed respectfully to the maknae of 'the legendary' girl group.

“Oh annyeonghaeseoyo, forgive me if I’m interrupting. I could wait.”

"Aren't you busy?"

“Yes, but oppa it’s you I’m meeting. Thus, it’s not a problem.” Seohyun smiled.

EHHHHHHH. People are looking at her with eyes popping out.

Yonghwa came closer to her and started to talk with a low tone, just enough for both of them to hear. His mouth is really close with her ears. If they took a look from a far, it will look like they are lovers that are warmly hugging each other

“Why?” He said, while his breath is tickling her ears.

“I miss you.” She said confidently as if it wasn't wrong to say that. As if, she did not care what people think anymore and it's weird.. because it's Seohyun. She’s fully aware of her surroundings and like to take control of it. Thats what she is. Well that’s what people think but he knew it. She changed and she is not kidding with her words. When she said it, she meant it.

 “Wh..what?” Yonghwa stuttered, looking at her in disbelief before grabbing her hand trying to bring her outside for some private talk when suddenly the FNC sajangnim, Han Seung Ho whom is the co-producer of the song walked in.

“Where are you going Yonghwa yaa?”

“I just need to ta..”

“He’s not going anywhere.” Seohyun bowed to the president and so does him. “I’m sorry for disturbing this recording session. I’m just saying my hi’s.” Yonghwa frowned at her statement.

“No need to say sorry, we might need some of your fresh air in here.. Your presence here is very much pleasant. Please do sit while waiting for this pabo Yonghwa right here. Just tell me if you need anything.”

“Seohyun?” Yonghwa leaned closer to her again. “I thought you were extremely busy?”

Seeing all those people on the room are trying not to make it so obvious that they are spying at those two, Seohyun smiled. “People are looking at us.” She clenched her teeth while talking trying not to be obvious. “You think I will just let you off like that, especially after you being extremely friendly to your hoobaes and all just now? I need to mark my territory.”

“MWOH?” Yonghwa stared at her again in disbelief, gapping at her statement.

“I guess that’s a good enough reason. If you kept on asking me question and don’t continue your work right now, I will kiss you in public so gooooooo..” Seohyun pushed Yonghwa to his seat in front of the glass wall besides his company president.

10 minutes later.

“Okay, that’s it! It's HORRIBLE.” Yonghwa shouted angrily but felt quite awkward seeing Seohyun at his back sitting, staring at the entire scene.. but this is how he works he just hope that she understands. She replied his gaze with a small nod, and a reassuring smile. He looked back at the girls, seeing Seohyun smiling at the back doesn’t make him feel like he wanted to scream at the girls anymore. So he just sighed disappointingly at them which didn’t went unnoticed by the entire staff and the AOA girls. He didn’t continue and they knew exactly why.

“Don’t you guys want to make it big? I never heard anything as horrendous as this in my entire life. I told you to raise it a bit and the other 3 just needed to lower their tone to harmonize! That easy! What’s so hard about that.” The most composed person in the room, the president is the one who got pissed off. The AOA members eyes are now pooling with tears that are threatening to come out at any time when finally Seolhyun started to succumb to the pressure, she cried. Yonghwa looked back at Seohyun, asking something with his eyes which she seemed to return with a slight shaking of her head and showed and asked their voice to be raised a bit. The president followed Yonghwa gazes and looked at Seohyun.

He suddenly smiled, it was a tough day for him too.. he just lost a deal but seeing Yonghwa communicating with someone, asking their opinion is very rare of him especially when Yonghwa knew what he is doing, this rarely happened even with him or Yonghwa’s dongsaeng. Seeing both of them doing sign language is extremely cute too. He just knew that Yonghwa don’t just love this girl, he respects her as a person and as a fellow singer too.

“You are weak at harmonization stuff right Yonghwa? But you know what you are doing, just don’t know how to make them get it the way you wants right?” The president suddenly whispered at Yonghwa and in return Yonghwa nodded at every word he said.

“Seohyun sshi? Do you have any advice for these girls? We know your reputation on regards of harmonization that we whom is so indulge with rock music lack off.” The president said to her and she looked at Yonghwa that is encouraging her to go and maybe console them too.

“I don’t know about my so called reputation, but I did receive plenty of training on that and it’s my forte. If you may.” She got up and headed to the other side of the room, and smiled sadly seeing those girls trying to cheer up the one who is crying. It reminded her off her rookie days.. when she was just a nobody.

“Can I talk to her?” The other members nodded and made way for she and Seolhyun to talk.

Seohyun squatted down and patted her back.

“Hey there, Seolhyun sshi right?” Seolhyun nodded and Seohyun got her cue to talk seeing her positive reaction.

“Well you are a pretty girl.. you all are.” She smiled.

“Ani..” They said knowing fully well of SNSD reputations.

“But you know, you better show those silly guys in front of the mirror that you are here for a reason not just because you guys are all pretty faces. Because I know for sure you guys are talented and just now, it wasn’t even an ounce of talent you guys had. That’s why they got angry because they don’t understand why don’t you guys showed how deserving you guys are off that talent. It saddens them and they just tried to bring it out but you guys won’t let it.” The girls looked at their feet feeling guilty while Seolhyun sniffled and looked at Seohyun. The name that quite similar to her but in a very different level than her, that’s so stressful because people kept coming to her article thinking it was about ‘Seohyun’ not ‘Seolhyun’. She admitted she was quite jealous, she has everything. She somehow wondered did Yonghwa oppa think of this famous maknae when he said her name.

But this girl right in front of them, comforting them… with such a sweet smile. No wonder Yonghwa oppa is so hung up on her.. that he can’t looked at any other girl. She has such a warm heart. She deserved every single things she has right now including the most amazing figure in FNC, Jung Yong Hwa.

“Ko..komawoyo sunbaenim.”

“It’s Seohyun unnie.” Seohyun hugged Seolhyun lightly and helped her get up.

“Now, you just needed to produce a more thin layer to your voice.. Here let’s try with Ohhh then Ahhh..” Seohyun helped the other member by checking the way they tried to sing and looked at the point that Yonghwa trying to emphasize and told them what they needed to get it done.

“PERFECT!” Yonghwa clapped happily once they got their harmonization nailed on the spot. He showed off his toothy grin to Seohyun and she smiled back at him on the other side of the mirror that is separating them. He always knew why Seohyun is ‘the most wanted duet partner’ it’s because her amazing harmonization skills. He asked the right person to help him in this one as she even knew what he wanted. He couldn’t help from feeling happy with her mere presence in the room, seeing her being such a sweetheart to those girls made him felt butterflies in his stomach and without unnoticing he smiled and giggled to himself watching her guiding them.

“And that’s how it’s done.” The President showed both thumbs up to the group and they jumped happily. “Feel free to say thanks to Seohyun sshi after this. You completed this song, and you don’t see your respected sunbaenim turning into a dragon this time. He turned into such a warm person.” The President nudged Yonghwa shoulders until he nearly stumbled down his seat.

***

Yonghwa felt like dying with every single step that he took. Every single, because Seohyun was walking besides him so closed but yet so far. Their hands brushes with each other every now and then and it send thousands of electric shocks through his vein. He was sweating and it does not do him any help that Seohyun wore his favorite scented smell that day. Dolce and Gabbana, The One. She usually did not wear any kind of strong scented perfume but today was an exception. Her hair are slightly held back and she wore almost zero make up with just a simple white t-shirt and a short shorts but if men look at her with just a glance even without realizing she’s a celebrity will still able to drool. God knows what will happen if they take a good look at her like he is doing now, maybe their nose will be bleeding.

Damn it Seo Joohyun.

“So uhmm why do you want to meet me again?” Yonghwa cleared his throat to gain her attention whose mind seemed to wonder off to the people in the FNC cafeteria who kept staring at them like they are some picture in the gallery before he started to talk.

“If I said that I come because I can’t get over you, will you believe that?” Seohyun asked him seriously leaving him speechless at her question.

“Thought so. I came here in regards of a CF gig on regards of a first love to promote Jeju island in collaboration with Kia motors.” Seohyun said.

“Hmm.” Yonghwa nodded in curiosity.

“They want us as the official couple. And if you didn’t have any time to make a new song they want to use Banmal Song as the official song.” Yonghwa stared at her blankly, he did not know how to respond to this.

“You might find it weird that I’m the one talking to you about this but I’m asking you this first before your manager hyung will do in about a few hours because I don’t know it seems wiser to do so.”

“Are you not worried that they will want to associate us as Yongseo again?”

“Should I be? Do you still have feelings for me then?”

“Hyun.”

“Yonghwa sshi. This is purely business.” Yeah right, Seo Joohyun. This is not purely business. “This is a very lucrative deal, We Got Married are over like years ago. We are like history so why hesitate?” Yonghwa felt his jaw tightened and his eyebrows scrunched together.

Seohyun looked around nervously waiting for his answer which is like ages. She needed him to sign the deal for her to make her move. Drive him off the cliff and made him realize how stupid he has been acting lately and she’s going to make it really hard for him to get back to her but not enough to drive him off just enough to know how he meant to her.

“Hey jinnie!” Seohyun waved to a figure at the other table.

“Hey sweetheart!” Jaejin waved back at her.. earning a slap at the back from Hongki.

“Hey Juniel!” Yonghwa who saw that unpleasant scene, looked around and found a prey. He called for Juniel who is eating bagels with her coordinator unnie. His sudden jealous behavior is spotted by both Hongki and Jaejin which burst into fits of laughter.

“Oh hi oppa! Oh unnie! You are here, that’s great you look really pretty.” Juniel went to their table but instead talking to him, to make her jealous she’s completely busy talking to Seohyun about girl stuff. He grabbed the glass of water and gulped it in one shot.

“Are you drinking this Joohyun?” Seohyun shook her head before continuing her conversation with Juniel ignoring him. He took that drink and finished it when he started to choke himself with the horrible green tea he’s drinking.

“Oh gosh oppa are you okay?” She held his hand and caressed it with her thumb. No I’m not, not when you are holding me like that and don’t see the effect it has on me.

“Ehem.. I’m fine.” Yonghwa looked at his side feeling shy.

“You sure?” Seohyun leaned closer and wipe off the green tea stain on his mouth with her thumb.. slowly.. while Yonghwa were frozen on his seat. He held onto his seat in order to keep his composure while looking into the pair of most enchanting eyes he ever saw. He knew that this was no good but he seriously can’t stop himself from saying the words he about to smack himself for.

“I’m accepting the offer then.”

“Great.” Seohyun withdrew to her seat again before flashing him the most radiant smile.

“Here it goes again.” Yonghwa mumbled under his breath.

“What?”

“Oh nothing.. it just my heart.”

“What’s wrong with your heart?”

“It’s beating like crazy.” He grinned teasingly at her.

Oh this is not good, Seo Joohyun. Drive him off the cliff, not yourself off the cliff. Get a grip girl.

***

Even with the mere mentioning of a comeback with Yongseo has cause them to be trending worldwide in twitter, stayed on Nate and Naver number one ranking for days. Although, it’s just sort of a publicity stunt for both of the idol. Fans are flocking around the building they were shooting their photo shoot for the front page of ‘W’. Their exclusive interview will cover 4 pages in total and will appear in 3 different covers.

On the set, there was Yonghwa already posing for his photoshoot while Seohyun arrived later due to scheduling conflict of her press conference for her new drama. He wore a navy suit buttoned up till the last one and a white pants with Rolex watch and his hair styled up. He lied down on the floor holding onto the chair when the staff greeted her arrival in a very merry atmosphere.

“Hey.” Yonghwa greeted her, still in his pose for the camera.

Oh my, he looks gorgeous.

“Yaa Joohyun!”

“Ah ne.” Tiffany shouting woke her up from her drooling state. Seohyun was in the phone with Tiffany at that time. She shook her head and flashed an awkward smile at Yonghwa before walking as fast as she could in her red high heels when she nearly stumbled down but the photographer was quick to catch her and support her to stand up again.

“Be careful dear.” The young photographer patted her back before walking away from the sight.

“Hey wait.. “ The photographer looked at her. “Thanks!” Seohyun shouted and he smiled when Yonghwa bumped into him.

“Sorry dude.” Yonghwa adjusted his sponsored suit before walking towards Seohyun.

“Shh, it’s loud!” Yonghwa walked besides her and wrapped his arm at her waist and leaned in to whisper at her before snickering out loud heading to his dressing room.

“HEY!” Tiffany screamed again.

“Unnie.. my ears!”

“Mian, what’s that about.”

“Nothing, I just did what you asked me.”

“So, how was it?”

“Working out. He looks like a green hulk”

“LOL he such a greedy guy but Seohyun...”

"Ne"

“Stop drooling at him if you want it to work out!”

“It can’t be help… arghh fine.”

“Anyways, how’s the photographer is he fine?”

“Because he’s fine that I ran into him. Aigooo.. but not my taste unnie he’s such a bad boy he was busy winking at me everytime he saw me.”

“Yaa! That’s because your heart was owned forever by a man. Leave that photographer to me.. I love badboys.”

“Ahrasso… ahrasso. Got to go unnie. It’s the couple photoshoot now.”

“Okayy! But no drooling!” Seohyun chuckled and ended the phone call by sliding the red button.

Seohyun was wearing this simple pinkish dress with a brown wedges whereas Yonghwa wore a simple sleeveless t-shirt with a black jeans and a pair of brown boots. They were staring awkwardly at each other, and the background music of the photoshoot turned into a slow song, Love Light by CNBlue.

“What are you guys waiting for? Ready? Then let’s start the shooting.”

“Ah ne..”

“Seohyun sshi sit on the driver seat and left the door open. While Yonghwa kneel in front of her. The rest is up to your imagination and creativity.” Both of them sat at their place awkwardly, they knew very well they weren’t doing things that a professional should. If it was with another person than them, they would have already posed but it’s not. It was someone that they actually felt something for and it was nervewrecking.

“Yonghwa sshi, step aside. You were like a stone there!” The photographer kneeled at the place Yonghwa was kneeling before. He leaned closer to Seohyun, closed enough that Seohyun started to lean backwards feeling unpleasant with their proximity. The photographer supported himself by holding onto the seat when Yonghwa moved in and pushed him away gently.

“I got it. It’s enough.” The shooting atmosphere turned tense.

“Haha. Good then, I mean you should be woo-ing a beautiful girl like Seohyun sshi like that. Sorry if I cause you to experience some shock.” The photographer bowed to Seohyun but still managed to whisper some words to her. “I felt that it’s necessary to make him actually do his role in this photoshoot.” He smiled with sorry written all over his face.

“May I, Seohyun?” Yonghwa looked at her hand and then at her eyes.

“Why are you asking me this, when you didn’t even hesitate to break my heart without asking.” Yonghwa was stunned and it felt all his air was drawn out of him. His heart was beating out of control. He tried to talk but words won’t came out because no words can mend what’s broken.

“Can we just get it done with, no asking anymore. We did more than holding hand anyways.” Seohyun eyes are getting teary but then she looked upwards trying to hold back her tears as if it’s going to go back into her tears duct.

Yonghwa leaned closer, tucking the strand of her hair before intertwining their fingers together. “Sorry.” He adjusted her dress, that is showing her skin more than it should and covered it with a blanket at the backseat of the car.

“You look too beautiful to get hurt by an undeserving jackass who thought he were a rebound guy to you.” He smiled warmly, and just like that her heartbeat started to beat as it wanted to go out from her body…. she felt herself stiffened as her whole body felt like it was getting so hot.

“I’m glad you know what you missing out.” Seohyun gulped trying to avoid any eye contact with Yonghwa as she was blushing madly.

“Yes, I’m missing out on a goddess that heaven sent as my mate. Stupid guy right? Even your tiny fingers can actually fit into the ring I always dreamt on to put it in my soulmate.” He grinned sheepishly before kissing her hand.

“Op..pa what are you doing!?”

“Showing the ways to love you.” He chuckled, stabling himself by holding onto the car’s door

“The shot is done... It was stunning. Good job guys.”

“Argh, thank you for playing along with our shoot Seohyun.” Yonghwa scratched the back of his head still grinning when suddenly Seohyun face was right in front of him. She smirked and leaned closer, tilting her head and Seohyun lips quivered. She felt betrayed.

“Seo..seohyun?”

“Nice perfume oppa, why are you wearing the perfume I’ve given to you? I doubt your coordi unni gave that one to you because it's the only one in Korea.” She smirked victoriously seeing his stunned face.

This is not done Jung Yong Hwa. We are not done. 

 

 

Author's Note

Sorry for the delay i was updating my 3 shots fic. By the way, i would love if you try to read that one too. Below is the link. :) Like always thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting. It feels great that someone actually read my fics ^^

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/435203/our-worn-out-rings-cnblue-seohyun-snsd-yonghwa-yongseo