Friendship: Himchan/Jongup

15 Prompt Challenge

 

At what point does friendship become something more?

When your lips accidently touch but it means absolutely everything to you?

Or when your hands touch and you feel a spark?

Honestly, Himchan doesn’t know when it started. He just knows that his feelings for his best friend aren’t platonic. They can’t be. The feelings he gets from the other, the smile that instantly forms his face when the other smiles, the butterflies that fill his stomach when the other laughs, the tingly feeling in his heart when the other speaks, they aren’t platonic. They can’t be.

 

Himchan was over at his house again. It was Friday, and Friday meant junk food, video games, movies, and him.

At the moment, Jongup was beating him in some random racing game, and if Himchan wasn’t so preoccupied with staring at him, he might have actually cared. He loved to watch Jongup, it may seem a bit creepy, but catching the smiles his friend almost always had made it completely worth it.

“Hyung, are you even trying to win?”

The question brought him back to reality. “Huh? Oh yea, I’m trying. You’re just so good at this game you know?”

Jongup chuckled. “Hyung, you beat me at this game every time we played before, so either I suddenly became really good at this game or you’re letting me win.”

Himchan laughed back, “Then I guess you suddenly got really good at this game, I would never let you beat me.”

“Haha, yeah you’re right. Hyung’s too much of a narcissist to let me win.”

“Ye- Wait! I am not a narcissist. I’m just perfect.”

Jongup rolled his eyes and continued with the game.

 

After a few more rounds of racing, the two decided on watching a movie.

There wasn’t a specific film they wanted to watch so they just picked one randomly.

 

As the ending credits rolled, a loud and long yawn left Himchan’s mouth. He looked to his left to see Jongup asleep. He smiled and shook the other quietly whispering in his ear, “Jongup, sleep on your bed.”

Jongup grumbled but didn’t budge. He was much too sleepy to even think about moving. Himchan sighed but proceeded to lift the younger onto the bed.

He covered Jongup with blankets and crawled into bed himself. As he was settling in he felt arms around his waist. He felt the tingling in his heart again. Smiling, he happily let exhaustion take over him.

He knows his feelings aren’t platonic. They aren’t even close, he knows it. But at the moment he really didn’t care. If hiding his feelings meant a friendship like this, he really couldn’t care less.

 

 

 


A/N: this is well... idk hope you liked it