Chapter 19

The Unwilling Bride

poster by : rachel02

 

 

 

 

“You’re right. You’re not talented. In fact, you don’t have any talent.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

The day of the release of the MV finally came. After that, they opt to perform on stage. The performance was as always spectacular. But amidst the positive response, came the negative one.

 

They always say that you couldn’t please everybody. There will come a time that you will gain some haters in the end.

 

“Unnie, it’s ok. We did well. Heck, we did more than well. Cheer up unnie!” Minzy cheered.

 

They are now in the dressing room after their performance. They sat on the couch and comforted her.

 

She faked a smile. “I’m ok Minkkie”

 

“No you’re not! I know you Rabbit! You’re still affected by them? We deserve that award. Don’t think otherwise.” Bom scolded.

 

“I know…” Her voice faltered. “It’s just that maybe I didn’t do my best that’s why I dragged you all down.”

 

“Andwae! You worked really hard among us!” Bom said.

 

“You’re downgrading yourself again, unnie.” CL said.

 

“It’s because I know I’m not that talented compared to all of you. I’m not that great of a dancer and a singer either. I think I shouldn’t belong here.”

 

“No. You’d worked hard to be where you are right now. You deserve this unnie. You deserve it. If only those people knew how hard you went through just to be with us, maybe they’ll understand.” Minzy consoled.

 

“I don’t know… Uhm, we don’t have any schedule now right?” She asked.

 

“Yes.” Bom answered.

 

“Can I go home now?”

 

“But we’re going to the after party right?

 

“Can I just pass? I don’t think I’m in the mood for party Minkkie. Sorry. I have to go home.”

 

She said then abruptly left the place.

 

“Aigoo. Unnie’s depressed again.”

 

“just let her be. She needs to be alone somehow.” Bom said.

 

 

Suddenly, YG came to congratulate the girls.

 

“Now where’s my girls?! Why don’t you give your Papa YG a hug? Your performance is daebak!”

 

“Papa YG!” The girls squealed and hugged their sajangnim.

 

“Aigoo. My children are so great upstage! You’re all great!” He said as he smiled at them. As he scanned his eyes, he noticed something.

 

“Wait? Where’s Dara?”

 

“Uhmm. She left already Sajangnim.”

 

“Left? Why? Didn’t you have a celebration after this?”

 

“Yes.  Well, you know sajangnim, while we’re performing, there were some who booed us. And when we won the trophy, some were saying we didn’t deserve it.” Minzy explained.

 

“And you know Dara right Sajangnim? She took it from the heart, said that we got all bashed because of her. She was blaming herself because she was not the best.” Bom said.

 

“What?! That’s ridiculous! What the hell was she thinking?! I wouldn’t debut her if I didn’t saw her potential! Arrgggh that kid!” He said then ruffled his hair.

 

“That’s what I’m also thinking but maybe we should give her time to sort things out Sajangnim.” The leader said.

 

“But still… Aish. I hope she’s alright.”

 

“Don’t worry Sajangnim, she will be. She’s the vitamin of our group right? She couldn’t be forever depressed. What will happen to our group?” Bom consoled.

 

“Right!” Minzy agreed.

 

“Ok. Enough of the drama. Let’s go. You’re all hungry right? Let’s have lunch! My treat!” Papa YG cheered.

 

“YAY!!” The three squealed and followed him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Meanwhile, the girl they were talking about was in her room still sulking.

“I’m not a good a dancer. I can’t sing well… Aish. Why did I even want to be an idol? Pabo, Dara.! Now you’re dragging them down! You’re a disappointment.  Maybe Seunghyun was right from the start, I don’t deserve to be an idol. Why did I even want this?” Dara cried as she was talking to herself.

 

She was in her bed, embracing her knees while looking at her feet.

 

She sighed. “I’m no good. I’m no good.” She chanted while wiping her tears.

 

When she got thirsty from all her crying, she decided to go out.

 

She sniffed. “Good thing Seunghyun’s not here.” She said as she opened the refrigerator.

 

“Why is it a good thing?”

 

“Kyah.!” She nervously spilled her drinks.

 

“Tsk. Clumsy as always.” He said then went to grab some rags.

 

He swept the floor and faced her. He looked at her intently. She looked at him for awhile and when she realized that he’ll notice she was crying, she avoided his gaze.

 

“Is something wrong?” He inquired.

 

“A-aniyo.” She said then went pass him.

 

“Did you cry?”

 

“N-no. I just overslept.”

 

“Overslept my . I just went out three hours ago.”

 

“U-hh I-I’m just tired. Bye.” She said dismissing him and went to their room.

 

‘Something isn’t right.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Two hours later, she was still locked in the room. Seunghyun was in the living room, debating within himself if he should call his uncle. When he couldn’t deny his curiosity, he decided to call.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“It’s me uncle.”

 

“Yes Seunghyun?”

 

“I just want to ask if something happened a while ago.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

It’s just that I think my fiancée was crying when she arrived here.”

 

“Uhmm, well, Seunghyun you know… They got bashed while they were onstage.”

 

“What?!!”

 

“Yes. And Dara took all the blame in that, thinking she was not good enough for the group.”

 

“What?! What is that woman thinking?!”

 

“She said to the girls that she needs to be alone for a while.”

 

“Pabo. That pabo girl.”

 

“I hope you could comfort her son. She needs you.”

 

“I’ll take care of it. Bye.”

 

“Bye.”

 

 

He ended the call. When the information finally dawned on him, he started to fret. ‘She was crying just because of that? Stupid woman.’

 

He went to their room and knock.

 

“Princess, open this door. I need to get something.”

 

“U-hhh. W-waait Tabi.” She said in the other side.

 

After a while, she opened the door. She hides half of her face in a handkerchief.

 

“What is that for?”

 

“I ha-have runny nose right now. Y-eah runny nose. “She said then faked a sneeze.

 

“Stop acting. I know what happened. Now, get dressed.”

 

She threw the hanky when he said those words. ‘Now he knew I was such a loser’

 

When she absorbed his final statement, she asked.”Dress? Why? Where are we going?”

 

“Don’t ask. Just get dressed. I’m giving you ten minutes. Ready or not I’ll still drag you out.”

 

“Yah.”

 

He didn’t say anything. He just left the room and sat in the living room. He set his watch to alarm after ten minutes.

 

Dara, on the other hand, didn’t know how to manage the ten minutes ultimatum he gave to her.

 

“Aish! That guy! How could he expect me to dress in ten minutes!” She said as she frantically search for any available outfit.

When it’s about time, Seunghyun started the countdown.

 

“10…

 

“Crap!” She said when she heard his countdown.

 

9…

 

“Wait!!!!!” She grabbed her jeans.

 

 

 

4…

 

3…

 

2…

 

“I’m ready! I’m ready!!!” She ran towards him.

“ and 1. Good. Let’s go.” He said then grabbed her wrist.

 

“Where are you taking me? And wait? Did I agree to this? Did you even ask me if I wanted to go out?” She tried getting out of his hold but she failed several times.

 

“I don’t need your permission.” He said coolly.

 

“Dictator mode on. Tsk.” She scoffed.

 

They were now outside the house. When they walked past his car, she questioned him.

 

“Aren’t we using your car?”

 

“No.”

 

“No? Then we’ll just walk? Is it near?”

 

“No.”

 

“No again? Then where are we going?” She questioned when they continued to walk with unknown direction.

 

“Bus station.”

 

“Bus station? We’re going to take the bus? Why don’t we just use your car?”

 

“Just shut up. You’re too noisy.”

 

“Yah! I don’t even know where you’re taking me.” She said.

 

He didn’t reply. He walked his way toward the bus stop with her beside him.

 

“Tsss.” She sulked. She reluctantly followed him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


“Han River? Seriously? ”

 

“Sit.”

 

“What are we doing here?”

 

“I said sit.” He said then glared at her.

 

She sat when she saw his glare.

 

They were now sitting in the grass, looking at the beauty of Han River.

 

A moment of silence had passed and then she asked him.

 

“Tabi, why are we here?” She said then faced him.

 

He was looking at the river. “Spill it all out. You don’t have to hide anything. Cry all you want.”

 

“W-what?”

 

When he didn’t say anything, she couldn’t help her tears.

 

“I-I’m a disappointment.I’m a disappointment Tabi. I-I c-can’t even… Arggh… I am a burden to them.” She said as her tears kept flowing.

 

“Everytime we perform, I-I’m always smiling to the crowd, giving all my best effort to show them that I i-improved s-somehow, that all my hard work paid off. B-but still, when I look at the girls, I envied them. I envied Minzy. She was good at what she’s doing without exerting any effort. S-same goes with CL. She was very good in r-rapping. And then h-here comes Bom, who has an amazing voice. And then me. M-me, with no talent. M-me, who is always hard working but lack skills. They’re very talented and I can’t k-keep myself from comparing myself to t-them.”  She said then continued to cry.

 

 

She cried all her pent-up emotions.

 

“I thought at first, I just wanted to become an idol to be free from my grandfather, from you. I wanted to be free and training to be an idol is my only way. I begged the old man to let me. I begged him in the best of my abilities. And when he agreed, I was the happiest girl alive. Then I started training. That’s when I realized I’m not only training for freedom. I’m training because I wanted to, I loved to. While training, there were trainees who are more talented than me. When I saw them, I just consoled myself. Dara, you’re hardworking than them.  They have the talent but you got hard work and that’s what matters most. But now, I don’t know if I still deserve it.”

 

She cried again for the umpteenth time.

 

That’s when he decided to take matters in his hand.

 

He went to her back and hugged her from behind.

 

“You’re right. You’re not talented. In fact, you don’t have any talent.” He whispered in her ears.

 

“You don’t know how to dance. You’re too stiff. You’re awkward most of the time.” He continued.

 

When she heard him say that, she couldn’t help but to cry harder. ‘See? I’m right. Even Tabi agreed to me.’

 

“Lastly, you’re stupid. You run away from me just to pursue this pathetic career. When I first knew you wanted to be an idol, I found the idea ridiculous. You don’t even know how to sing for goodness’ sake and yet you want to be an idol? Are you even thinking?”

 

“Y-yah. I k-know that. You don’t have to say that to my face. It hurts you know.” She cried.

 

He hugged her even harder. “But you know, for me, you’re the best.”

 

“Huh. After you insult me, now you’re praising me. Yeah right.” She sulked while sniffing.

 

“Believe me, you’re the best I’d ever seen. Not because you can dance and sing well.  When I went to your practice, I was really captivated by your performance.”

 

“How is that even possible? You just said I can’t dance and sing you know.”

 

“It’s because I see your passion. I saw how you love what you’re doing. You’re also the best because you are able to inspire other people by seeing your performance. They will see that not only talented people can dream, even people with no talent but with determination and passion can also succeed.” He explained then inhaled her scent.

 

“T-tabi. Why are you saying all these things?”

 

 

“Because I want you not to over think things. You have haters, so what? It doesn’t mean your fans will love you any less. You should not think about them but instead focus on making your fans happy, you pabo.” He said then flicked her forehead.

 

“Ouch!”

 

“That’s what you get from getting depressed over nothing.”

 

“And you have to hit me that hard? Aish.” She said then rubbed her forehead.

 

“But seriously, you’re right Tabi. I shouldn’t think about the haters. Even if we have so many haters but there is one who still believes in us, then I’ll continue to hold on.” She said.

 

“That’s right princess.” He said then ducked his head in her neck.

 

“Tabi.”

 

“Hmmm.”

 

“Thank you. Thank you for comforting me.  Without you, maybe I’m still depressed until now.”

 

“You don’t have to worry. I’m just doing my fiancée’s duty. I don’t want to see my future wife looking ugly before our wedding.”

 

“Tsk.”

 

“And I forgot to inform you, I’ll be watching your every performance from now on.”

 

“What?! You’re serious?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“B-but.”

 

“No buts. I don’t want you to get depressed again. I’ll be watching you. Just look at me when you feel like you’re getting affected by your haters.”

 

“T-tabi, you don’t really have to do this.”

 

“But I want to. I’ll be guarding you until the wedding came.”

 

“Tabi…”

 

“No arguments.”

 

She saw how serious he was. “Aish fine.”

 

“Good. Don’t ever cry again just because of pathetic things. Arasso?”

 

“Aye aye captain.”

 

A good thirty minutes had passed and they were still in the same position - her, sitting on the grass with her back in his chest and him, hugging her from behind.

 

 

“Tabi…”

 

“What?”

 

“Can I ask a favor?” She faced him.

 

“Go ahead.”

 

“I wanted to go somewhere. I always go there whenever I got down.”

 

“No problem let’s go.”

 

“Really?

 

“Why? Is there something wrong?”

 

“Are you sure you wanted to go there?”

 

“Why not?” He shrugged.

 

“Promise me first you won’t back out when we got there”

 

“Of course I won’t”

 

“Promise?” She raised her right hand.

 

He sighed. “Fine. Promise.” He followed her gesture.

 

“Good. Let’s go.” She smiled then dragged him into the bus stop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Keke Tabi, I really hope you won’t regret it *insert evil laugh*’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hey guys!

I'm back!!!

I know I've been gone for almost a month and I'm sorry.

I got stucked with too many stuff. I got stressed and depressed lately that's why I can't update.

But now, I'm more than okay. :) 

So I hope you will like my update. 

I'll upload the second part later. 

By the way, look at the poster. It's cool right :)

Thanks to rachel02. :)

She sent me that long time ago. Mianhe for the late acknowledgement.