Friends?

My Boss’s Son Is My Housemate?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 2. Friends?

 

==================================================================================================================

 

A/N:

'Blue Italicized' are Taeyeon's thoughts

'Pink Italicized' are Tiffany's thoughts

 

==================================================================================================================

 

“Since I came here first, you have to follow my rules, arrasso?”

“Okaaay.”

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon are now alone in the penthouse since Jessica and Yuri decided to give the new housemates the time to be together and start to get comfortable with each other.

 

“This is your room. That’s mine on the other end and don’t you ever DARE go inside my room, got it?”

“Yes, Tiffany-shi!”

“Don’t touch my things especially my cameras. I like a quiet atmosphere so don’t make any unneccessary noise.”

“And if you want to play around with your girl, don’t ever think about doing it here.”

 

Tiffany, still being reluctant on having Taeyeon to stay with her, continues to tell Taeyeon the do’s and don’t’s of living in one roof with her while Taeyeon, on the other hand, is amused by the attitude of his new housemate.

 

“Just always follow my rules and we’re good.”

“Arrasso.”

“By the way, you can just call me Tiffany, we’re just of the same age anyways.”

“Cool! Just call me Taeyeon then, or Taeng or Taengoo. Err... actually you can call me whatever you want.” Taeyeon beamed dorkily but Tiffany just ignored him and went to her bedroom, leaving a pouting Taeyeon in the hallway.

 

Since Taeyeon just arrived from New York, feeling dizzy with the jetlag plus the little commotion about having to live with a girl under one roof, he carelessly threw his body on the bed and silently thanked Tiffany for not painting the room pink like the other parts of the apartment.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

Taeyeon wakes up feeling a lot better than yesterday, he groggily walks to the bathroom and does his morning routine. He used to be a sleepyhead but he drastically changed when he got in a relationship with his past girlfriend. It has been a habit for his past girlfriend to wake him up every morning and cook breakfast for him, while he prepares for his practice or performance.

But after his girlfriend past away, he found himself doing the same routine – wake up early in the morning, prepare breakfast and everthing before going off for his lavish work – alone. Most of the times, regretting that he never had once prepared breakfast for her nor wake her up because she always insists that he should rest more.

 

“I wonder what she likes for breakfast…” Taeyeon mumbles as he decides what to cook for his landlady.

Remembering what Jessica told him about Tiffany growing up with her in L.A., he decides to make a Full breakfast. However, Tiffany’s kitchen clearly shows that the girl doesn’t cook and mostly eat fastfood.

“I guess I’ll do grocery shopping later.”

Taeyeon grabs whatever he sees edible from the fridge and started to prepare breakfast since he’s also feeling hungry, which reminds him that he didn’t get to eat dinner last night as he completely fell asleep as soon as his bum touches the bed.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

Tiffany covers her face with a pillow as she tries to ignore the buzzing sound coming from her mobile phone. Feeling annoyed at the continuous ring, she unwillingly answered the phone without looking at the screen.

“Yobose---“

“Yah! Tiffany Hwang! I’ve been calling you for the past hour! Get your off the bed, take a quick shower, and dress yourself! NOW!”

Tiffany, who is now wide awake because of her friend’s loud voice over the phone, is exasperated as she doesn’t understand why her bestfriend is bothering her on a Sunday morning.

“What the hell is your problem Jessica Jung?! It’s Sunday for God’s sake!”

“Exactly! Remember we have to help Soo and Sunny with their charity event… don’t tell me you forgot about it?”

Truth to be told, Tiffany completely forgot about their visit in a nursing home that their friends Sooyoung and Sunny are supporting.

“Sigh. Okay, just go there with Taeyeon later. But atleast be there before lunch, alright? Yul’s now talking to Taeyeon giving him directions, so you have no choice but to go with him. Don’t you dare try to ditch him, arrasso?”

“Arrasso… we’ll see you there.”

“Great! Now, get up from your lovely bed! You don’t want to let Taeyeon starve to death while waiting for you to have breakfast with him, do you?”

Before Tiffany could utter a single word, Jessica already ended the call.

“Taeyeon?... Oh, shoot! He must be very hungry now since he didn’t even bother to eat dinner last night!” Tiffany hastily stood up from her bed and went straight to her bathroom, in a rush to get ready as fast as possible.

After about half an hour, Tiffany made her way to the kitchen but stops when she’s just a few steps away.

‘Why do I even care? It’s his fault to not eat dinner last night. Plus, he doesn’t need to wait for me to have breakfast with him…’

She slowly walks towards the kitchen, and once inside, she can’t help but to be amused by the sight of Taeyeon, who’s intensely staring at the food on the table and pouting.

‘Omo! He’s sooo cute~~’

Realizing what she just had thought about her housemate, Tiffany quickly changed her expression into a cold one as she sat down the dining table, across the startled Taeyeon.

“Good morning Tiffany~~” Taeyeon enthusiastically greets and smiles at her. Since Tiffany is still hesitant to interact with her new housemate, she tried hard to suppress her smile at the dork in front of her.

“You don’t have to wait for me… you can eat breakfast on your own…” Tiffany said as she tasted Taeyeon’s version of American breakfast.

Since Tiffany rarely eats breakfast at home, she doesn’t do much grocery shopping. But Taeyeon still managed to make them a proper breakfast – two fried eggs, sliced bacon, French toast, and orange juice.

“You’re not used to eat breakfast with someone, am I right?” Taeyeon asked her and started to eat as well. But receiving no response from the girl in front of him, he just continued talking, trying to make the situation a little less awkward between the two.

“Well… then, you should get used to it from now on.” He warmly smiled at Tiffany. For some strange reason, he finds himself comfortable around the girl though she’s giving him a cold shoulder.

While Tiffany, although she’s not making any expression on the outside, feels warm inside. It is her first time to have a guy prepare breakfast for her and waited for her so that they can eat together. None of her past boyfriends had done something like that for her. Not that she cares, Tiffany has never been in a serious relationship after all.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany arrive at the nursing home an hour before lunch. As soon as they entered the facility, Yuri happily greets the two and drags them towards the garden where most of the elderly are gathered.

Seeing Tiffany with someone, Sunny sneered at the two that’s in front of her. Not long after, her boyfriend, Sooyoung stands beside her and dorkily grinned at Tiffany, while Yuri and Jessica just smile at them.

Knowing what her friends have on mind, Tiffany quickly introduced her friends to Taeyeon.

“This is Sunny, and her boyfriend Sooyoung. Guys, this is Taeyeon, my… err… housemate.” Tiffany trailed off as she is sure that her friends won’t stop teasing her about the new guy. Well, she can’t afford to lie about their relationship as Yuri and Jessica would have probably told them about it anyways.

“Hi, I’m Kim Taeyeon, nice to meet you Sunny-shi and Sooyoung-shi.” Being a stage performer for years, Taeyeon sure knows how to greet and charm people with just a simple introduction.

“Nice to finally meet you again Taeng!” Sooyoung and Sunny beamed at the same time, earning a confused look from both Tiffany and Taeyeon.

“Aigoo~ Taeng, don’t you remember the shikshin and the danshin?” Yuri chuckled along with Jessica.

“Yah!” the two snapped at Yuri.

“Oh God! Choi Shikshin?!”

“Yeah baby!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter