Hello, My New Housemate!

My Boss’s Son Is My Housemate?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 1. Hello, My New Housemate!

 

“Don’t worry too much about me Daddy, I am perfectly fine here. Besides, I have Yul and Jess so there’s really nothing to worry about, okay?”

“I love you Daddy, take care~~”

Tiffany ends her phone call with her father and decides to take a refreshing bath while waiting for someone. It has been three weeks since she arrived in Korea and has successfully turned Yuri’s typical-bachelor-type penthouse into a lovely apartment with the beam and dropped ceiling painted in an intense shade of pink to serve as a punch of color while the walls were painted in stark white to emphasize the glossy black cabinets. Lavender flowers, louvered cabinet doors and wooden furniture painted in white all combined to create a fresh and feminine yet cozy feel to the unit.

Taeyeon, who just arrived from New York, finally made it inside the private elevator that will take him to one of the highest floors of the well-designed apartment building. Since his father already fixed everything along with his father’s best friend, he didn’t waste even a second to introduce himself to the receptionist.

Once the elevator door opens, his eyes widen and jaw dropped seeing the most ingenious apartment design ever presented on his bare eyes.

“Oh… my… God…”

Coming back to his senses, he drags his suitcase and walks inside the apartment which from now on will be his home. Being like a curious five-year old kid, his eyes and whole body can’t help but to wander around the apartment. The colors are in the white – grey tonality to help the rooms to look more open. To make it vivid, there comes the pink accent in wall and ceiling parts. A home cinema, a mini bar, a fully-equipped kitchen and a comfy dining table impressed the New Yorker.

Everything seems to be fine with Taeyeon but still getting nervous to meet his housemate. Although he already met him years ago and became good friends back when he became an exchange student for three years, he still feels anxious since they haven’t communicated with each other for the past years.

As he continued observing the apartment, he’s becoming more and more uneasy.

“Lavender flower, louvered cabinet doors, wooden furniture painted in white…” he softly mumbles as he takes a sit on the comfy sofa in the lounge area.

“…and PINK walls.”

Thousands of thoughts are running to his mind. Feeling a little dizzy, he closes his eyes as he lets out a tired sigh.

“Don’t tell me he’s now… gay?”

With this, Taeyeon’s eyes fluttered open and hastily stood up as realization hits him.

“No! No! No! It can’t be! He can’t be gay! He’s one big of a player back then.” Taeyeon talked loudly as he walked back and forth the lounge area and the open window.

“Aha! Yeah, that’s right! Maybe he’s living with his girlfriend here and the girl decides on what their apartment design should be.”

“But… wouldn’t it be awkward if I’ll be leaving with him and his girlfriend?”

“Aish!!!”

Feeling frustrated with his unclear thoughts, Taeyeon leans on the frame of the open floor-to-ceiling window which allows him to see the best view of Han River.

 

 

“It’s beautiful…”

 

==================================================================================================================

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany quickly went out of her bedroom, with just a pink towel covering her body, as she hears someone talking inside her apartment.

“Must be Yul and Jessi…” she mumbles while slowly making her way towards the lounge area.

 

==================================================================================================================

 

Sensing someone’s behind him, Taeyeon smiled and excitedly turns his whole being around to finally meet and greet his old friend which is now going to be his housemate.

But his smile faded right away. Instead, his eyes widen and jaw drops for the second time on his first day in Seoul.

 

“Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!”

 

The loud scream from the almost girl in front of him echoes inside the apartment. Taeyeon held both his hands up to cover his ears and quickly closed his eyes.

“Who the hell are you?! How did you get in here?! And what the are you doing here?!”

Taeyeon was bombarded with questions by the obviously shocked and angry girl in front of him. He slowly opens his eyes and held his hands down. He stared at the girl and blinked several times trying to remember if he has ever seen the girl before.

‘Oh no freaking way… he didn’t go under the knife, did he?’

“Err… uhm… hi? You must be… no, I mean… Are you… err… Kwon Yuri?” Although stammering, Taeyeon successfully finished his little but definitely awkward greeting.

“Who are you?!”

Taeyeon flinched as the girl growled and gave him a deathly glare instead of answering his question.

‘So she’s really Yul? What the hell happened to you buddy?!’

Swallowing the lump forming on his throat, he stood up straight and did his best to give the girl the most charming smile that he always gives to his audience while or after performing on stage.

“I’m Kim Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon extends his hand to formally greet his old friend but to his dismay, the girl just raised an eyebrow at him. He awkwardly pulled his hand back and unconsciously frowned as he thought that his old friend doesn’t remember him anymore.

“Yah! Kwon Yuri! Don’t you remember me?! It’s me~~ Taeng! Taengoo~~”

Frustrated as he is, Taeyeon subconsciously whined and a cute pout formed on his lips, earning a soft giggle from the girl in front of him.

“Yah! Do I look like a guy to you?! Yul’s my cousin but I don’t see any resemblance at all between us! If he ever becomes a girl I’m pretty sure I’ll still be more attractive than him and---“

“You’re not Yul?! Gosh! Why didn’t you tell me right away?! For heaven’s sake! I really thought that my old friend who is actually a playboy has transformed into a girl!”

Taeyeon sighed in relief and sheepishly smiled at the girl who can’t help but laugh wholeheartedly at him, showing him the girl’s charm – her beautiful eyesmile.

“Err… sorry…”

“That’s okay. I’m Tiffany Hwang, by the way.” Tiffany extends her hand and Taeyeon gladly accepts it as they smile at each other. Realizing that she’s still only with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter