oo1

Constellations (Long hiatus)

 

 

Daniel sighed as he plopped down on the lower bunk. He groaned loudly as he rolled around on his bed. It didn't matter that he had not been adopted but it was the fact that he even tried his best this time. Daniel scanned over the desk and grinned widely. He could practice and get better, but is that what he wants? Does he really want to be adopted this badly?

Daniel shrugs to himself before going to fetch old music sheets from the desk's drawers. He looked through them before finding a fairly easy one to start off with. He took the music sheet and placed it on Byunghun's old stand, in which he left for Daniel. Daniel placed the violin to his chin and held up his bow and started to play. After several minutes of practicing, Daniel hears the door opening.

"To You, right?" Daniel heard as he abruptly stopped playing and looked over to the voice. It was Mrs. Kim, a fragile woman with a big heart. Daniel truly saw her as my mother.

"Yes, Mrs. Kim." Daniel said while placing down the violin and bow to look over to her.

"It's a song about a boy confessing to a girl, isn't it?"

"Y-yes, Mrs. Kim."

"Are you practicing for someone?"

"U-um... n-no."

"It's Byunghun isn't it?"

Daniel felt blood rush immediately to my cheeks. He tried to shake his head in denial but Mrs. Kim had caught him. He fiddled with his fingers, not daring to look at her face to face.

"Ahh, so it is," she said softly in that calm voice of hers. She took a seat in my chair and looked at me. Daniel shyly went to go sit down on his bed and stared at his feet. "You miss him, don't you?"

Daniel nodded his head slowly at her question without looking up. She picked up Byunghun's violin and looked at it.

"Wonderful. It's very well kept." She said after observing it. "He was a very nice young boy, full of energy, nice to his elders, just simply terrific. Sometimes, I miss the children who leave this place too, Daniel." Daniel looked up to see Mrs. Kim a little teary-eyed. It broke his heart to see her like that. 

"Mrs. Kim, do you think I'll ever see him again?" Daniel asked her. She looked at him with a smile present on her wrinkly face.

"Of course you will," She said positively as she stood up and walked towards the door. "You better rest up, there's another family coming tomorrow."

"Yes, ma'am." He replied and got ready for bed. He laid down on the comfortable bed when he had finished. I do want to be adopted, right? Even though I love the people here ... Daniel thought. Yeah, that's what he wanted and he was for sure on it.

 

-

 

"Daniel!" He heard as he sat up. He quickly got ready and rushed to the main room to see a couple with a boy, who Daniel assumed was their child. The boy had dark purple hair along with a piercing look. His eyes quickly met Daniel's but looked away just as fast. Daniel could tell they weren't going to get along.

"Hello everyone, I'm Sehun and this is my husband, Han. Nice to meet you all." The guy whom introduced himself as Sehun. Daniel looked to the other guy and smile suddenly, he seemed friendly.

"I just want to adopt you all, you are all just so adorable!" He exclaimed in excitement. "Joe, aren't they just so cute?"

The boy just looked in another direction with his arms crossed. The taller scowled slightly before sitting down on one of the chairs provided.

"Lets begin, shall we?" Mrs. Kim said as she winked at Daniel. He gave her a thumbs up and went to go get ready. Daniel looked at the violin and shook his head. No, I'm not that good at it yet. Let's do piano and singing instead, Seungho taught you, he thought.

Daniel patiently waited until his turn. When it was his turn, he went outside with piano sheets in the grasp of his hand. He sat down in front of the piano and put the piano sheets onto the spot needed then sat down.

Daniel took a deep breath and started to play the song that he had played on the violin yesterday. He slowly waited for the parts in which he would have to sing. Daniel opened his mouth and started to sing along.

"Everyone says I’m crazy, they tell me to forget you

But that’s not easy, woo woo hoo, exactly why?
I think I’ll get tired too as time goes by
I see myself changing

It’s like every day, every day ya
My heart hurts but you won’t know my frustrated heart
It’s like every day, every day ya
I am getting sad alone but where are you and what are you doing?

Again today, in this room without you
All day, woo hoo woo hoo, I shed tears"

Daniel continued to play the piano and sing along until the end of the song. When he finished, he had got up and bowed then took his leave. Did he really just sing a break up song to the couple who don't know him? Oh yes he did and he was proud of it.

Daniel, along with everyone else, waited for the results of the audition-like show. Once everyone had their turn, they all returned back to the main room for the results. Mrs. Kim looked at him with a bright look upon her face. Daniel could only think of the good news to come with that look.

"Okay, from the results, I would like to call up ...  Choi Jonghyun, Bang Minsoo, and Ahn Daniel. I believe that you three and really wonderful, but we can only adopt one." Sehun said. He looked at his husband and nodded. Han smiled and said the name that he had not expected.

It was not Jonghyun who danced wonderfully nor Minsoo who could draw like Picasso, but it was Daniel who was lacking in every area that was possible. 

"Daniel, this is our son, Joe. Joe, say hi." 

"Hi." The boy said with no emotion what-so-ever. Daniel rolled his eyes and extended his hand out to Joe.

"I'm Ahn Daniel."

"No, you're not."

"How are you going to tell me who I am not?"

"You're an Oh now, remember?" Joe retorted while he rolled his eyes. Daniel scoffed as he saw Joe's face.

"Yeah, I'm Oh Daniel," Daniel admitted and put his hand in front of Joe's face. 

"Right." He said and slapped Daniel's hand away. Daniel, trying to look hurt, whimpered and pouted. Joe gave him a look before walking towards their parents and ignoring Daniel.

"Looks like we won't be getting along any time soon." Daniel muttered to himself as he walked over to his new parents who were filling out an application form. Han looked at him with a smile.

"You'll be going to the same high school as Joe." He said, while still grinning. Daniel's mouth hung open as he stared in shock. Daniel cursed softly under his breath and smiled at his new ... mother? Father? Parent, his new parent.

"Okay." Daniel said simply before glancing over to Joe who paid no attention to him. Daniel smirked as he slowly walked over to the other and leaned forward until his lips were slightly away from the other's ear.

"Boo" Daniel said as he whispered into Joe's ear. Joe immediately jumped and twirled around to face the younger.

"!" Joe yelled as he tried to breathe normally again. Daniel laughed at his new brother's misery to the point where no noise was coming out of his mouth. Joe scowled at Daniel and tackled him to the ground, forgetting that they were in public. Joe hissed at Daniel once he had pinned him down. Daniel, laughing while lying down, looked back at Joe with an amused face.

"That isn't funny, you idiot!" Joe glared as he yelled at Daniel. Daniel's grin got wider as he looked at Joe's face. There was anger written all over it; it only made Daniel more entertained seeing him so angry.

"I'm sorry, oppa~" Daniel cooed to Joe who had become more angry. Joe bared his teeth but quickly got off of Daniel. He wasn't going to let him ruin his image.

"You two get along now." Han said in a gentle manner. Joe's expression quickly softened as he bowed to his parent. Daniel bowed down as well.

"I'm sorry, we were just getting to know each other." Daniel defended as he looked at Joe with a slight smirk present on his face. Joe scoffed and ignored Daniel once more. Daniel decided to brush it off this time and wait for the application to be filled out.

"Okay Daniel, go pack up your things." Sehun said while handing the application to Mrs. Kim. Daniel nodded and headed out to his room to fetch his possessions which consisted of clothes, a toothbrush, and Byunghun's things. Once Daniel had gathered all his belongings, he headed outside to his new family's car.

Daniel scooted into the back seat with Joe who was listening to music. Daniel scooted closer to Joe and waited for him to notice. Joe stared at Daniel with a what-the-hell expression on his face. Daniel put his seatbelt on and gestured to the ear buds. Joe sighed and gave up one of his ear buds to Daniel. Daniel, satisfied, put the ear bud into his ear and listened to Joe's music.

"Teen Top?" Daniel asked. Joe simply nodded while looking out of the window at the scenery that was passing by each second. "I like them too, I played To You on the piano."

"I know." Joe said, still gazing at the scenery.

"Which song is your favorite?" Daniel asked, excited that he found out something they had in common.

"I Wanna Love." The older replied. Daniel waited until Joe asked him what was his favorite. After a few minutes of silence, Joe spoke up.

"And you?" 

"Hmm. They have a lot of good songs, but I guess I like Be Ma Girl." Daniel piped. Joe nodded at Daniel but showed no sign of continuing the conversation. Daniel yawned and decided that he should get some rest. He leaned back in the chair and quickly fell asleep. Much to Joe's annoyance, Daniel's head kept falling in different directions.

When Joe finally had enough of it, he took Daniel's head and put it on his shoulder. He couldn't help but stare at Daniel's sleeping face. It was peaceful and calm unlike when he was awake. Joe brushed the loose hair strands out of Daniel's face and put it behind his ear.

"I'm sorry I can't express myself well." Joe whispered as he laid his head in the opposite direction of Daniel's and fell asleep as well. Sehun smiled weakly as he looked at his husband.

"He's the one, right?" Han looked at Sehun and chuckled while looking out the window.

"Of course he is, have I ever been wrong before?" Sehun gives Han a look before looking back onto the road ahead of them.

"Well, you're the Oracle after all."