Knight in Shining Armor

The Three Princes

Today, I spend the day alone for the first time in a month.

Usually, I'm occupied by the two princes, Prince Daehyun and Prince Hyunwoo... But today, they went overseas for a meeting with princes from another country. It , but I have to deal with being alone for a whole week.

At least I have lots of things to do, like, read, use the laptop, draw.. But either way, there are a lot of things for me to do. I walked up to my bookshelf, browsing throught the selection when I saw a black thing crawling beneath the dresser. I stooped a little to get a closer look.

“Hoo~oly !” I screamed, running onto my bed. “Sebastian! There’s a spider! Sebastian!"

But my butler didn't come running up the spiral staircase. I then remembered he took a day off to visit his family. I kept my eyes on the dresser as I pondered on my next move. A black leg peeked out and the insect started to crawl out again.

"Augghhh!!"

Then there was a thud and a person was standing in my room. I screamed again.

"Sheesh, stop screaming! What's wrong with you?"

"What the hell are you doing here? Who are you?" I yelled, throwing a pillow at him. He merely stepped aside, blocking the sun. I took a good look at him. He was of medium height, skinny, dressed in sweats and a white T-shirt. His brown hair was tousled in a way that made him look like he had just woken up, but still impossibly perfect.

"Oh, I was.. I just woke up so I was having a walk when I heard some screaming, and it turns out it was you."

"Having a 'walk'!? You're on the second floor! You can't possibly have jumped onto the balcony," a stared at him with disbelieving eyes and hugged one of my pillows. The fact that a spider was crawling beneath my dresser was still bothering me.

"Well... um.. Anyways, what's wrong? You look really, really scared."

"There's a spider under my dresser!"

"A spider? Really? That's what scared you?" He scoffed. I glared at him. "I'm serious. It was big, and black, and shiny, and seriously just... just.. Hey! Get away from there!" I yelled as he put his face under the dresser. "Stop! I'm serious, just stop, you're gonna get bitten, stop!"

He started to poke underneath it. "Stop! I swear, stop!" Tears sprung to my eyes and I closed them. I couldn't bear to even see the spider again. It was traumatizing. The next thing I knew, I was crying. Sobbing, even. The man stood up and walked toward me. "Okay, I'm sorry, I won't do that again. I was trying to help you."

"I-I just, I just don't want to see the spider again," I said as he hugged me and calmed me down. I don't know why I was doing this with a stranger. It was completely wrong, but at the same time, it felt totally right. I took a deep breath.

"I'm just going to flip the dresser and kill it, okay?" He tiptoed towards the dresser. "One, two, three..." The dresser fell with a loud bang but nothing black crawled out. "There's.. nothing here..?"

"There was! I swear! I saw it... multiple times! Oh my God, what if it escaped? It did escape, didn't it. Oh , oh , what if I wake up tomorrow and it's right in front of my face? What if it get's into my bed at night?" I started to cry again.

"Calm down. Calm down. You can sleep in my room."

"Where will you sleep?"

“Just come with me, we’ll hang out there all day.”

I gave him a look and sighed. “Okay.”
 



His room was grander than mine. It was filled with modern minimalist designs and was located through the balcony beside mine.

“Whoa. This is...”

“Beautiful? Perfect? Or like my brothers say, ‘Very Baekhyun-like?’”

I stopped touching the random things around the room and stared at the pretty boy in the chair. “You mean you’re...”

“Prince Byun Baekhyun? At your service, Miss Seren.” He mocked a bow and took my arm, leading me to his room. The room was filled with blacks and whites, few colors accenting the two. “Let’s sleep.”

“What?”

“Sleep. It’s 1pm, and I want to take you on an adventure tonight.”

I laid in the soft bed and he laid next to me. “Prince, I don’t think I should-”

“Shh. It’s only for a few hours. Now stop talking.”

“Prince?”

It was quiet for a minute before he answered. “Yes?”

“I’m really not this annoying. Most of the time I’m really not a cry baby. Really. Spiders are just...”

“I know. Now sleep.”

“How do you-”

“Sleep. Good night, Seren.”

I said good night, but he was already snoozing softly.

 


Inspiration for this chapter came when I was sitting reading some fanfics on my bed when I saw a giant spider crawl from under a chair next to me desk. It was so big, I swear! It looked bigger than a quarter... And I freaked out, of course. I mean, little spiders are okay, but... that spider was seriously big. I started screaming and my mom came in then my dad and I just started crying. I don't know. I usually don't cry about things like this but the spider was so big and black and it's legs were so... angular? Haha. I am now literally scarred for life. My dad kept asking if I was on drugs because they took the chair outside and searched it but really, I'm not. I checked the chair twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or something. Then they started scolding me saying it was all my fault the spider was in there because I don't clean >.> I don't have time to clean! I'm out every day until 5:30 at Badminton practice then I eat dinner, read some fanfics, do homework, get ready for bed, then sleep at like 11. But now I'm seriously way too scared to stay in my room, so I'm writing this in the kitchen. I don't even think I can sleep tonight. Ugh. I'm seriously not overreacting! No one believes me... D;

I don't know, now I keep thinking that maybe that spider had spider babies and they will grow as big as it's parent and attack me in my sleep ._. I will never be able to see a spider the same way again, even the little tiny spiders. Augh, asdfghjkl; where am I going to sleep tonight.