Third Prince

The Three Princes

I stood in front of my house, waiting for one of the Queen's men to come and pick me up. I'd never been much of a materialistic person so I did'nt have much, but she insisted they pick me up. A favor from the queen is never a favor to be rejected. 

A red and black two tone 1980 Volkswagon Beetle pulled up and I headed toward it. A flaming red head of hair popped up from the driver's side and I froze. Quentin cannot be the one the queen chose to pick me up. He turned to me and held out his hand. "Bags." I placed them in front of him and said, "Of all the people, you."

"Don't think I wanted to do it either! I'd rather be placed on a post in Prince Baekhyun's room than be alone in my car with you."

Rolling my eyes, I stepped into the small car while he placed my luggage in the back. Despite his personality, he was a pretty handsome guy. Pale, angular face, large eyes, straight nose. He was really different from other men his age; he was tight-strung and never did anything for pleasure (except bully me of course). When we were children, Quentin was so different. The grim expression he always put on never existed, but instead it was all smiles and giggles. I know this because he was Minhyuk's best friend, and he'd come along with us on adventures when we were little. But that was until he and Minhyuk started middle school. After that, they never talked again, and he always acted sour toward me. So I acted the same way in return, and it's been going on until now. To be honest, I don't know any reason for me to act this way towards him than the fact that he started acting that way to me. 

The castle came into view and he drove all the way to the back. "Your room is in the lower east wing, so I'll have someone bring your luggage there soon. Also, the queen said that supper today is at 6, and for you to come down so that you can meet the princes."

I nodded. "Thanks, Quentin."

I could swear his face turned pink when I said that but he just cleared his throat and said, "It's my job. I wouldn't have done it if the Queen didn't ask me."

"Tch. You could've just said 'you're welcome', you know." I climbed out of the car but turned before he could say something. "But thanks anyways. I'm being polite, Quentin. Embrace it." With that I jogged toward the back entrance and toward the hall that led to the east wing. At the end of the hall there was a man. He was tall and lean and wore a fancy tailcoat with a top hat and gloves. "Hello Miss Seren, I am Sebastian, your personal butler."

"Nice to meet you, Sebastian." If he didn't look so serious, I would've laughed. His outfit was unsual for a man so young, or anybody, in this day and age. It was like he went to the 1860s and  brought back a complete set of butler clothes. A blue-grey vest, white collared shirt, black button up tailcoat and pants, dress shoes, tie, and navy trimmed top hat. The top hat, I thought, was pretty unneccesary, but it looked good on him. He could be a model for Men's Wearhouse or something. He fit the butler part through and through, from his outfit to his tone of voice. His name was even Sebastian!

"Miss Seren, your room is this way." We walked down a long hallway until we came to a stop at these tall oak double doors. Sebastian unlocked it and swung it open.

To say it was gorgeous was an understatement. Actually, and descriptive word would count as an understatement. In front of me there was a nice living area, and to my right a mini kitchen and table. On the right was a  tall white spiral staircase. I ran up it to find a bedroom, which included a walk in closet and a bathroom. I have never been so excited in my life

"Whoa," I gasped, because that was all I could think of to say. 

"Queen Ji Eun gives her condolences, Miss Seren. She is sorry you could not have a larger room, this was the only vacant room in the east wing and she wanted you to have a lovely view of the forest."

"She's sorry I couldn't have a 'larger room'!? This room is.. is.. perfect! It's just perfect! I love it. I seriously can't believe I'm living here!" I squealed like a child and jumped onto the bed.

"Then I'll be sure to express your gratefulness to the queen when I see her. Supper is in 10 minutes, and the queen has left an outfit she desires you to wear in the closet." He started to head down the stairs but paused. "And you were not as terrible as my brother makes you out to be."

When he left, I ran to the closet and walked inside. There were a few coats and dresses hung up, but in the middle stood a tall mannequin wearing a lacy off-white dress and tights. Clipped on was a note.

"Miss Seren, I have prepared for you this outfit for tonight's supper. Consider this and the other clothes a gift from me. The biggest thank you you can give me is to wear this outfit tonight. Sincerely, Queen Ji Eun."

Seeing as dinner was soon, I quickly stripped the doll of the clothes and slipped it on. It fit me perfectly.

I quickly jogged toward the dining room, thankful that we had a tour of the castle during a field trip in elementary school. The me back then never would've imagined that I would ever need to find my way around the castle.

After a few minutes, of walking I turned left and walked into a wall- a very warm wall.

'Hello!" The man towered over me and had a huge grin on his face. "You must be Seren, nice to meet you!"

"Oh, P-Prince Hyunwoo," I bowed and he chuckled. "No bowing! We're going to be good friends from now on, right? Right. It seems as if you're lost, trying to find your way to the dining room, are you?"

"Y-yes..."

He led the way. Usually I wouldn't be nervous in front of a new person. I really wouldn't, but Lee Hyunwoo's directness had put me off. We entered the dining room and everybody was already gathered there. "I didn't know all the staff ate here!"

"They don't. Every Friday, a selection of the staff who has worked the hardest is invited to eat here. Usually it's only the people who live within the castle."

"Ooh, I see." Queen Ji Eun smiled when she saw us and motioned me to sit at a seat beside Prince Daehyun. I sat there and Hyunwoo sat in the seat beside me.

All the seat in the table were filled, except for the one directly in front of me. I was introduced to Daehyun and the three of us made small talk, but I couldn't help but feel strange with the person in front of me absent; where did the third prince go?

 

Hi!! Here's a new chapter, ehehe :) Tell me how it is! xx

So my best friend and I pass around a diary and inside we have a derp shrine! Lolol

Hahaha, anyways, I know I've only just started writing this but lately I've been having a creative burst in my head and one of them produced this! I thought it was really good and I HAD to write it down so here's the link, check it out, I'm going to be working on both! xx

The Death Note Guy Next to Me: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/390957