Choco Lover

Choco Lover [One~Shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                *Padam padam, padam padam, padam padam*

 

                Junhong's heartbeats are so fast and loud that he’s afraid it’s audible for people around him. The guy is in front of a snack store, his right hand holding on his backpack's strap and the other was holding the straps of a paper bag full of KitKat bars, his hands using, unconsciously, a big part of his strength. People are going in and out of the store, and as the clock ticks, he’s becoming more and more nervous.

 

-- Two weeks before --

 

                Little rain drops fell on Nana's coat as she was leaving her house. The girl looked up to the sky and silently prayed that it wouldn't rain anymore that day, simple because she was too lazy to go in again and get an umbrella, and besides, there was a big chance she would miss the bus. Nana walked slowly the 12 steps that were necessary to reach the bus stop, her mind stuck on the end of her essay; something was not right, she thought she could do better. If the driver didn't already know her and kindly stopped for her to hop in, she would have missed the bus, due to being so absorbed in her worries.

                — Good morning, Nana! — the old driver greeted her.

                — Morning, ahjussi! — she smiled full heartedly, passed the card and walked to the seat in the middle of the bus, near the exit, the one she always occupied like it was booked for her. Once settled, she opened her backpack by her KitKat keychain, shoved the bus card inside of it and closed it again.

                Already inside the bus, Junhong was sit in the front, using a mask from his mask collection; stupid thing, his friends said, asserting he was too good looking to hide his face like this, but, well, it was his style, so he let they say whatever they wanted. He had forgotten his earphones that day, so his humor was being ruined by the traffic noises he was being forced to hear and hated so much, but the exact moment he heard a smiley voice greeting 'morning' to the bus driver, he was thankful to this tiny fail of his memory. He looked from out the window to the direction his mind thought the voice had came from, and saw her. For the moment she passed by him, he looked to the window again, avoiding any kind of contact, and when he was sure she was a few steps away, he looked back to see where she was sitting. One thing he was sure; he was enchanted by her. How come he never noticed her before? Was he really always into his own world to care about anything that happened around him? He wondered how many times he could have heard her voice in the morning, but didn't because of his stupid phones always stick inside his ears.

                At the sight of his school, Junhong got up and went near the exit; nearer her, who was clearly wrecking her brain, looking at a sheet in her hands. She was beautiful, indeed, and it brought him the desire to know her better. The bus stopped and some guys were hopping out, and he could only notice one last thing before hopping out too; her KitKat keychain. He was determined; he was giving her a KitKat bar.

 

                The next day, Junhong brought his earphones, but left them inside his backpack, afraid that he wouldn't hear her entering the bus.

                — Morning, ahjussi! — she said, while trying to gain some balance; one hand passing the card, the other holding the bag and the cell phone between her shoulder and ear — Alright... Alright, umma. Yeah, I'll call him later. No, I won't forget his birthday, I promise. He'd be very disappointed if I did. Right, I'll call him when I get home, after school. De~ Have a good day at your job. Bye~ — she hung up and went to her usual seat.

                Junhong had everything settled. He was wearing his mask again, like every day, but today, especially because, if his plan failed, hopefully, she still wouldn't be able to recognize him by his face. Nana was leaned with her arm on the window, looking out the same while listening to some melody on her iPod. The bus stopped, Junhong was already near her. He made sure he was the last one to get out of the bus when it stopped, then waited until there was no one in front of him. In an almost supernatural speed, he gently landed the bar on her lap and hopped out of the bus. Nana, who was absorbed in her music, felt a new weight on her legs and looked down only to find a little red pack; a KitKat bar.

                — Oh...? — she scanned around, looking for the possible owner of the chocolate, but found no one — Hm, it's mine then — she giggled and put the candy inside her backpack.

 

                Later that day, after dinner, Nana was in her room doing her math homework.

                — Aiiish, this is difficult! — she complained to no one.

                After thinking some more, she pulled her bag from the ground and shoved her hand inside of it to get the calculator, but felt something different; the red pack from the bus. She pulled it out and examined for some seconds. After pondering whether to eat or not, she decided it wouldn't be bad after all, so she ate the chocolate, reached for the calculator and got back to her homework.

 

                — She saw me, I'm sure! Aiiish, I messed everything up! But how could she? I was very quick... No, she didn't see me... — Junhong was wondering.

                He was walking back home from buying a pretty big amount of KitKat bars; he had a plan of how to get her attention, and he was going to make it work.

 

                Nana was playing Angry Birds on her cell phone, trying to be awake until the bus reached her school.

                — Aiiish, freaking pigs! Why don’t you die? Die, die, die! — she kept saying in low voice not to disturb people around her.

        

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter