Strangers

Healing Battle Wounds

You walked down the street, cold air biting your arms and raising goosebumps. A song blasted in your ears as you stopped at the bus stop. There is no way you were going to sit at the bench, you hated being exposed on the edge of the sidewalk, that feeling of people always watching made your skin crawl. You leaned against the brick of the shop behind you waiting for the bus checking your instagram.

"Hyeong... no, hyeong... please hyeong wake up." You heard whimpering and choking sobs. That was strange. You pushed off the wall and walked into the alley following the sound of the crying boy. You turned the corner behind the shop, your eyes landing on a young boy holding his unconscious brother in his arms. You ran instantly to his side dropping to your knees.

"What's wrong? How can I help?" You placed a hand on the boys shoulder startling him. He shot up dropping his brother. He stood defensively holding his arm pointed towards you with a fist, something whirring. You raised your hands gritting your teeth. This kid was cute but wierd.

"My name is Seong Mina," you defended yourself. You held your hand out for him to shake. "What's your name?"

He tilted his head, his face softened as he blinked cutely. "Ch-choi Junhong." He knelt down next to you. His hand reached toward your face, you smacked him. He held his injured hand to his chest. "Owwww, I just wanted to feel it. It's pretty." You cuckled, shaking your head. Strange kid.

"Are you gonna help hyeong?" he looked at you worried. You nodded. Your attention turned towards his brother. You covered your mouth with a gasp as you noticed the battered condition he was in. He was covered in blood, his jacket charred and burned. You pulled his abdomen onto your lap, gently moving his red hair away from his forehed revealing the handsome face as your fingers instinctively ghosted his face. He winced and shuddered, his thick lips parting as he took in ragged breaths.

"We have to get him to the hospital!" You looked at Junhong's desperate faceplate.

"No!" Junhong shook his helm vigorously. "We - we." He searched his data file for an excuse other than the fact that they were Matoki. What would he do? If Mina took them to the hospital, in the condition his leader was in...and with his two hearts...they would be disected for sure. There had to be an earthian excuse he could use... "we- we don't have insurance, please just...just take us to your home. We have no place to go, nothing to eat. My brother was mugged. Jebal..." his sobs increased as he begged you fervently. He was desperate.

You stared at the young boy incredulously. How could you do this...? They were strangers, but you couldn't just leave them there. You gazed down at the boy in your arms, "but, his body, it's covered in blood. He needs a doctor!" You protested. Junhong shook his head, tears streaming down his faceplate.

"I-It's not his blood," He whispered. You raised an eyebrow. You cupped your arm around his brother's head, his face turning towards you as he slumped in your arms. You gulped as you grabbed the edge of his shirt pulling it up to reveal his well defined abdomen. There was dry blood and his left side was bruised darkly but no scars that could have caused that type of blood loss. Your breath caught in your throat and you bit your lip. Junhong was right, no wounds. You searched him for anything else, your fingers prodding his side to feel the broken ribs, his face wrenching in pain. You gently your hands over his arms, the jacket disinigrating between your fingers into charred dust on the ground to reveal the red exposed and burned tissue.

He was heavy, just the solidness of his upper body in your arms was too much, the muscles in your biceps protesting his weight. "How are we going to get you two to my home?" You conceded. "He needs to be cleaned up."

"I... I can carry Yong Guk hyeong." He volunteered, trying to hide a smile. Thank Matokhan you had agreed. This mission was too important to forfeit, and your trust and home could be a great asset when the remainder of his task force located their position. With a swift fluid motion he scooped up his leader, holding him delicately in his arms.

You stared at the handsome, lanky boy. Sure he was tall. Your head tilted back to look at him correctly. Ok, extremely tall. He was thin, though. How could he lift his brother who was extremely solid?

"Noona...?" Junhong looked at you worriedly. With a deep breath you stood up and shook yourself off. The boy's worried face coupled with Yong Guk's injuries jolted you into action. You needed to get them to your home and quickly. You sighed before chewing on the inside of your cheek with thought. If it hadn't been for the blood stains on his jacket perhaps the city bus would have been a decent and inexpensive option. With a resigned sigh you reached into your purse for your wallet. Just enough for a taxi to take the three of you to your home. As you pulled your cell phone out to call the taxi company, Junhong gave you a strange look. He wondered what that thing was. Why didn't you just use the device like the one he and Yong Guk had in their palms? Perhaps that was a device like theirs, the earlier models... You looked at his perplexed glance and the adorable way in which he had his helm tilted as he chewed on his lip. He was too cute for his own good. You thought to yourself with a shake of your head.

-------------------

The taxi pulled up, the driver yelling at you to get in. You opened to door for Junhong, who boarded the strange contraption with coaxing, holding his brother protectively to himself. He sat on the far right, Yong Guk sprawled across the back seat with his head leaning into the yonger who caressed his face soothingly. You slid in the front with the driver as he grunted something in mandarin. You gave him the address and he started the meter. Slowly you slumped down in the seat, leaning your head back as your eyes closed.

"What's with him." The driver asked, butchering Korean. You turned your head and opened your eyes with a very tired sigh. "He got drunk and passed out after throwing up all over himself." You answered him trying your hardest to remember your manners, even though you were lying.

"That's what those dark marks on him are?" the man inquired and you nodded your head in response. Junhong's audials picked up the conversation even as he was in slight recharge. He wondered what this 'drunk' condition was and if it described his leader's pain better than 'wounded' could have. Whatever the case it didn't matter as long as it didn't reveal them as Matoki. He most likely owed you his leader's life and for that he was grateful. You were nothing like the humans Dadamato always harped about.

The taxi pulled to a stop in front of a beautiful two story house surrounded by a white rod-iron fence. You turned back to look at the strangers who had recently become your responsibility. Junhong's temple rested on Yong Guk's forhead, his chest rising and falling evenly. You opened the door, holding Junhong's back with a steady hand. "Junhong, wake up. We have to get inside. It's cold. Let's go."

"Eomeoni..." Junhong whispered. You shook him softly, his optics focusing on your face and bringing him back to his recently harsh reality. Absentmindedly, you combed a hand through his hair much as you would have done to Minjae to calm him.

"Junnie, sweetie c'mon. Let's get your Hyeong inside." You rubbed his back. He nodded as he wiped the sleep from his optics. "Here," you handed the driver the amount on the meter and bowed thankfully. As soon as Junhong had cleared the door of the taxi with Yong Guk's feet the driver sped off, the sharp turn slamming the back door shut. "Aish!" you glared after his trail with an annoyed sigh. "So rude..."

You pushed through the gate, holding it open for Junhong. You ran ahead of him to open the door, the gate slamming behind him, making him start. You chuckled slightly receiving a furrowed optic ridge and tilted helm. You could hear Jello inside scratching the door excitedly. He barked incessantly as you shoved the key in the lock. When at last it clicked open, Jello barked protectively at the strangers behind you.

"What's that thing?" Junhong asked, afraid. "And why is he telling me he's going to kill me if I don't leave?"

You looked at Junhong curiously, that kid had a screw loose somewhere. "He's just doing his job to protect his house." You said. "Back off boy, be good now." You instructed.

The Jindo barked.

"I don't know how, I just do." Junhong replied to the Jindo.

Jello barked again more earnestly. Junhong asked, "You mean she'll think I'm crazy if I keep talking to you?" After another bark Junhong looked at you with wide optics. "Umm that's right cuz we humans can't speak to animals." He said, and smiled sheepishly.

You shook your head before walking toward the counter to drop off your bag. As Junhong walked through the threshold Jello sniffed at Yong Guk's dangling fingers and gently tugged on them with his teeth, showing affection. The older groaned and winced. Junhong's optics widened, his hyeong was still unconscious and hurting.

"Up those stairs and to the left is an open door, you can lay him down in there." You offered as the door closed behind you. He began side-stepping up the stairs but stopped to look at you as you dialed on your cell phone again.

"What are you going to do?" He asked hesistantly. You looked up at him before pressing send. "I am calling Neri's mother. She's a nurse at the hospital that is treating my mother, she should know what to do." You responded before returning to your cell phone and entering the call. Junhong stood in the middle of the stairs shuffling his feet uncertainly. You motioned for him to continue up the stairs as you walked up the stairs behind him listening to the back-ring song with Jello at your heels. You were too preoccupied lipsyncing to notice Junhong uncomfortbly biting his lip at the top of the stairs.

"Yeoboseyeo," Neri's mother greeted you. "Mina, gwenchana?" Her tone was noticeably worried, you never called this late unless something was wrong with Minjae.

"Eomeonim, I need your help. Please someone is hurt and I don't know what to do..." You walked into Junhong's back. "Aish," you blew the complaint through your teeth as you rubbed your nose. You looked up to see the confused look on your guest's face. "What the?! Why are you just standing there? I told you. The. Room. On the. Left!"

Junhong looked at you over his shoulder with a sheepish smile, "ummm... What's left?"

With a grunt you muttered a quick 'excuse me' to Cheonsa. "This," you reached up and grabbed his shoulders turning him towards your parent's unused bedroom."is left!" You pushed him through to the bedroom.

"Mina!!" Your attention returned towards the idle cell phone in your hand. That's right! Cheonsa! You needed her help. "Eomeonim, I need your help. Here. NOW!" You screamed frustrated before hanging up. You ran your fingers through the loose hair of your bangs, feathering them to the side and out of your face. How did you get involved in this situation again? Oh that's right, the unintentional aegyo of the tall blonde and your good human nature. Junhong's natural aegyo was the deadliest weapon, the type that was unbeknownst to the person wielding it and yet still effective. You glared at said boy and sighed as your glance fell upon the injured man he had laid across the bed.

"Junhong, please remove his jacket. We need to see the extent of his damage." You rambled on before realizing something. "I should have asked earlier, have you been hurt in anyway? Did the muggers hurt you?" You ran the information Cheonsa had drilled in you through your head glancing at the boy who shook his head, remembering his lie. His optics focused on you and you realized what had escaped your notice until now. Junhong's platinum blonde hair had a turquoise-ish blue streak running from the crown to his forehelm, and a spot of blue hair at the base of his neck. That, though, was normal, here in Korea. What wasn't were the ulzzang bright blue eyes, the same color as the streak in his hair. They weren't contacts, that much was obvious, but how could a korean have bright turqoise eyes.

What were you to do? There were now two strangers in your home, god knows who they were or where they came from. One was injured, the other too adorable to be real. To top it all off your best friend and her mother would be here any minute. With the sheets in your arms you let your head fall back with a fustrated sigh and walked into the room. Instantly your eyes shot open. Your injured guest lay shirtless in all his chiseled perfection sprawled across one side of your parent's bed. You swallowed as your cheeks turned red, this was going to be a challenge. Junhong noticed the color on your face as you set the sheets at his leader's feet, which made him chuckle. "You're so colorful!" He exclaimed. Your eyes flicked towards the blonde boy with a glare.

"Watch over him," You commanded, slightly annoyed. "I have to boil water before Cheonsa arrives." Junhong's perplexed faceplate gave way to pursed lips as he contemplated 'water'. His curiosity clouded his sense of duty as he followed you down the stairs. You took out the tea set and kettle your father had given you when you graduated primary school. A pleasant smile crossed your face as you remembered that day. "Only the best for my princess." He had told you with a kiss.

You opened the tap and filled the kettle with water before setting it on the stove. You felt droplets of water sprinkle your arm. What in the world? You looked towards the sink. Figures. There, cross-legged on he ledge that seperates you from the sink, sat Junhong. Six feet and three inches hunched into a ball as he stuck his fingers into the running water over and over again. At one point he giggled and started clapping like a litle kid, his blue eyes shining brightly. You shook your head with sigh. Yhep, this kid, is strange... You leaned agianst the counter watching Junhong play with the running water.

You swore you saw it coming. You could sense it. You knew it would happen. Suddenly the doorbell rang. Junhong's eyes widened and he plummeted backwards. Although him crashing on the floor would have been hilarious, he twisted just in time, his palms touching the wooden floor, his knees propelling him forward over his hands and shoulders landing agilely on his feet. He bounced upward, his stance ready for an attack. You covered your mouth to keep from laughing. His sensitive audials caught your muffled chuckle and he turned to look at you.

"It's a doorbell Junhong." You turned your attention to the boiling water. "Answer it please..." Junhong walked to the door and after many failed attempts, managed to open it to reveal the compaining and annoyed girl he would never forget.

"What's up with you Mina! You forget how to open a door? Paboyah!" Neri looked up to see who she had insulted as her mother pushed past her and into the house. "A-an- anyeong-ha-haseyo..."