Hospitality

Healing Battle Wounds

 

Junhong blinked to life, his optics flickering brightly, the gears in his body whirring as his motors warmed up and the robot awakened from recharge. He sat up in the bed cross-legged as he rubbed his faceplate with his servo. His optics stared at the ceiling as he reviewed the surveillance footage he had recorded the previous night while in recharge; the high scrubbing rate his usual viewing method. You walked into frame and he slowed down the footage to observe your actions. He noticed the color of your cheeks and a small smile creeped onto his faceplate. He watched as you tucked him in and smoothed his hair. You reminded him so much of Lilimato, your kind heart and nurturing spirit. You kissed his forehead and immediately were embarrased. Junhong reached a servo to touch where you had kissed his forehelm, his faceplate heating up slightly. He rewound the footage and watched it again, his binary motors speeding and his gears purring happily. He liked you alot.

 

Junhong stood up and rotated his joints, warming them up before he walked towards the room where his leader lay unconscious. He reached the room and peaked inside, his optics widening at the sight before him You were curled up against Yong Guk and he seemed to have neared his head to you. He walked toward your side of the bed and lay down, hugging you. He shook his arms to wake you as he had often woken Totomato... before... he was gone.

 

 

Finally after a little while, he managed to wake you gently. You sat up with yawn, shoulders slumping as you stared at the wall and smacked your tongue against the roof of your mouth tasting the morning. You blinked a couple of times trying to fully wake up before you looked around to see that the room you had fallen asleep in wasn't yours. You turned your head to the right and your heart nearly jumped out of your chest. You placed a hand over your palpitating heart and breathed in deeply. "That's right." You mumbled to yourself, you had taken care of strangers last night. You looked back to see a set of strangly colored eyes staring back at you.

 

"Goodmorning Mina Nuna!!" Junhong waved happily at you with a huge infectious smile plastered across his faceplate. You smiled back at him with a small chuckle. "Goodmorning Junnie, are you rested?" The robot nodded enthusiatically. You smiled at him as you stood up to put on the sweater you left on the floor the next to the bed.

 

"How did you sleep nuna?" He asked happily. "I already fed Jello and made breaks fast, the High Co-... I mean... my mom taught me how." he quickly lied. "Before she..." He thought the lie would have been easy, until he realized he was telling the truth, he choked on the last word, "died."

 

"What did you make?" You asked, trying to get his mind off of the subject.

 

"Pancakes," he smiled.

 

"Mmmm, that sounds good. Can you wake up Neri and we can have breakfast here on the balcony." You smiled. "Let me just wash my face and brush my teeth.

 

----------------------------------

Junhong opened the door to your room to see Neri drooling on Minho the Frog and smiled to himself at the adorable sight. He stood at the side of the bed watching her sleep, her even breaths parting her soft pretty lips, her pink hair a sleepy tousled mess. He knelt on the floor, leaning his head down to look at her. He reached a servo hesitantly to her warm cheek, the same feeling from the night before beating strongly in his chest. It was beginning to feel familiar. He curled a strand of her pink hair behind her ear and trailed the bends of his digits along the contour of her face toward her chin, the pad of his digit over her lips. "So beautiful," he whispered. He leaned his head down, transfixed by his attachment to her. His lips were an inch from hers when she stirred and turned her body and nuzzled back into the covers. He shook his head and furrowed his brow. What was he thinking...? She was human, and besides him being matoki he was a robot. She didn't know the meaning of attachment... He started to reason with himself, his spirit deflating as he came to terms with reality. True, she didn't know the meaning of attachment... But he could teach her, he would show her... He smiled to himself. "Neri," he whispered, shaking her softly. Neri didn't wake. Junhong shook her a bit harder. She didn't wake. "Neeeeeeriiiii!" He whispered harshly and shook her again, the girls head rolling side to side with his force, the syllables drawn out with it as well. Neri didn't wake. Junhong took a frustrated invent and vented out forcefully, blowing the fringe of his blue hair away from his face cutely. This was frustrating.

 

He vented in deeply as he stood up. The only thing left to do was what woke up Jokomato every time. The sound would be foreign in this quiet house, if Mina heard... she would know for sure he was a robot. Oh this was difficult. Mina counted on him to wake up Neri, what would she think if he didn't comply with her order... Yong Guk would have him scrapped for sure... Oh no! The robot continued to psyche himself out and over think the simple task before him. All that would be left for him to do would be for him to flail around the room in circles as he over thought it. "Well, here goes nothing..." he whispered.

 

The robot leaned down and opened his mouth, gears whirring as he selected the audio tool he needed, mechanical sounds clicking as his vocal cords transformed continuously as he scanned his selections. A horrible blaring noise issued forth and was answered by a snore from the still sleeping Neri. Junhong straightened up and glared at the wall through slitted optics as he vented forcefully through his scentors. With an annoyed grunt he placed a servo on her back and sent an eletric shockwave through her. Neri's eyes shot open and she gasped, bed hair sticking in different directions. Junhong continued to glare at the wall as he vented once more through his scentors. He spun around on his peds and began walking towards the door, dragging his peds as he went. "Mina Nuna said to feed Jello and bring the stuff for breaks feast or whatever it's called. Oh, and she said we are going to eat it upstairs in Yong Guk hyeong's room." He practically muttered under his breath, barely audible enough for Neri to hear as he left and slammed the door behind him. The frames on the wall swung from side to side. He walked down the hallway and looked in your room, watching you tend to his leader. The robot let out a huff and walked down the stairs to sit on the couch. Jello jumped up beside him and lay his head on Junhong's lap letting out a small whine.

 

Oh, I know. I'll never get her to like me if I act immature. Junhong spoke to the Jindo.

 

I don't know why your so worked up over it... Jello whined in response to him.

 

I attached it's not that simple, Jello. I know you've never heard of it or can even understand what it means, but it's special. She's special... Junhong vented sadly. I don't have time to deal with earthian customs. They are tedious.

 

Oh, she's special alright... and it's breakfast. Just thought you might want to know if you plan on passing as human, tin can. The dog barked.

 

Junhong leaned his helm on the back of the couch and closed his optics, Jello nuzzled his head underneath the robots servo and breathed in happily.

 

Neri sat up in your bed and blinked, wondering what in the world had just happened.

---------------------------------

 A/N 8-02-13 I know I have been on hiatus and I apologize soooo much. Emotional issues are hard to deal with, but thanks to this fanfic my head is on straight again. So I decided to revise a few issues that I was having with previous chapters...like spelling and plot holes. So hopefully, if its not too much trouble, my lovely readers will reread the previous chapters so that you may understand the new plot and Guguk's still unconscious state... Prepare yourselves for adorable awkwardness, fluff, and angst... I love you all and thank you for not unsubscribing... Upvote if you think this is good enough.

 

A/N2 on a sorta unrelated-related topic... As you may have noticed, I have another fic up, without any chapters... It is the sequel to this fic (yeah I know I'm crazy for writing the sequel when my first child isnt even done yet *forehead on keyboard*) Let me know if I should start posting the chapters I have written or if you want to wait? Until the next update, Annyeong!!