Decorated

Healing Battle Wounds

The stadium filled with applause as their war hero was asked to approach. Cheers and whistles were heartily sounded as his name echoed in among the attendants.

"SHISHIMATO! SHISHIMATO! SHISHIMATO!!"

The Head of The State of Defense, Taremato, motioned his hand for silence. He called the name again and their warrior approached the platform with family in tow. He looked towards his wife with pleading eyes, She squeezed his hand reassuringly. The Matoki took a deep breath and ascended the stairs alone looking back toward his wife and son. She smiled with a nod of her head and he regained his confidence. He removed his mask and bowed low before the older man.

The honorable Matoki stood before the audience holding his hand out drawing attention towards the war hero. "This Matoki before you..." He began his address with a booming voice, "is the man we owe our lives to. With the help of his elite team. Lieutenant Shishimato defeated the twelve forces of EXO. Those powerful foreigners were outsmarted and outdone by this-" He gestured emphatically towards Shishimato " - valiant Matoki." His hands collides together in praise, his clapping deafening due to his proximity to the audio receptors.

Shishimato awkwardly his military tags. He was a warrior, nothing more, nothing less... He did what he had to do in order to protect his people and his family.

"Tatsmato, Dadamato, Jokomato, Kekemato and Zelo," He gestured for them to approach. "These men assisted our Lieutenant." The entire Matoki taskforce, dubbed B.A.P., flanked their leader. Commander Tatsmato took his rightful place beside his leader.

"And they will assist me in awarding our brave warrior with the Blue Star of defense and his promoted rank to General Shishimato."

Kekemato stepped forward and pinned the medal upon his leader's jacket. Tatsmato bowed receiving a nod of approval and placed the gold stars on his General's shoulders. Applause roared through the stadium. The soldiers in the audience all standing as their new General stepped forward. He felt so out of place. This honor, this praise... was... just too much. He would be expected to speak. What could he say? The idea of speaking in front of his fellow soldiers who also put their lives on the line as much as he did, frightened him.

He humbly turned to his wife. Lilimato smiled, the young boy beside her looked at his father with wide, innocent and expactant eyes. The warrior breathed in deeply before addressing the audience, his people, the ones he was charged with protecting.

"My fellow warriors, I vow before Mato that I will protect you and your families with my life." He saluted the soldiers whom saluted in return. Their wives and families applauded, cheering for the newest General.

Only when his hand was in his wife's delicate fingers did the beat of his two hearts slow. He walked down the aisle flanked by his elite team. Totomatio looked at his father, pride evident in his demeanor. His smile visible beneath his blue mask. He ruffled his son's blonde curly hair, kissing the crown of his head.

It was over, finally. Mato had peace for now and Shishimato's family could sit and give respect to those he believed deserved it more than he did. He slid his arm about Lilimato's waist and pulled her close to him, kissing her temple. They took their seats amongst the other military families and paid due respect towards those who were awarded for their valiant efforts.

__________

The awards ceremony finished and the Gala began.

For hours Shishimato waltzed with his wife, her elegant figure the envy of most of the matoka. They mingled and paid respect and greetings for the rest of the night. Shishimato's view on philosophy and politics being sought for.

"Shishimato..." Lilimato pulled her husband away from a conversation with Tatsmato, smiling apologetically towards the Commander. Shishimato turned, eyebrow raised. She merely smiled, revealing a very tired Tototmato half-awake as he leaned against his mother for support. Immediately Shishimato softened at the sight.

"Just a moment, Jagiya." He lifted a finger as he left to quickly excuse himself and bid farewell to the Head of SOD. Taremato nodded, shooing his general away.

Shishimato lifted his son into his arms, holding his drowsy head to his shoulder gently. Lilimato followed him a few steps behind, playing affectionately with her sleeping son's golden curls. She rolled a curl around her finger before tenderly carressing his face. Shishimato pulled her to his side, protecting her hand in his.

They left the celebratory crowd, happy and contented.