Chapter 8

Coffee Shop (HimDae Ver.)
Without realizing it both males had drifted back to sleep. About an hour later Himchan was the first one to wake up, a smile adorned his face when he saw the younger still snoring away. He was just going to stay there holding Daehyun until he would wake up but it seemed that Himchan’s stomach had another idea as it growled in hunger.
 
He nudged younger slightly “Daehyun?”
 
Himchan huffed as Daehyun kept on sleeping “Yah, Daehyun wake up, I’m hungry and you promised you’d make me breakfast.”
 
Still Daehyun kept on sleeping without a care to the world, so Himchan resorted to his last idea which was to tickle the younger man awake.
 
Almost immediately Daehyun’s eyes snapped opened as he began to squirm away from Himchan’s fingers “What the hell!?”
 
Himchan gave him a toothy smile “I’m hungry and you weren’t getting up.”
 
Still somewhat half asleep Daehyun opened his mouth without thinking “You could have just gave me a kiss instead.”
 
Himchan’s smile grew “A kiss?”
 
As soon as Daehyun registered what he had just said, he hid his face in Himchan’s chest, too embarrassed to even look at the older man.
 
“Hey there’s nothing to be shy about.” Himchan said while laughing at how cute Daehyun was acting.
 
“Shut up.”
 
They both laid there for a few minutes until Himchan’s hunger made itself known again. “Can we please go eat something now, I am starving.”
 
Daehyun groaned as Himchan stood up “I’m cold.”
 
Himchan chuckled as he helped Daehyun up “Come on, I can’t wait to see what you make me.”
 
Daehyun let out a nervous giggle “Can we just eat out instead?”
 
“No, you promised you’d make me breakfast.” Himchan said while pouting.
 
Daehyun opened and closed his mouth a few times before just letting out a sigh and walking towards the front door “Fine, but don’t say that I didn’t warn you.”
 
Now in Daehyun’s apartment he instructed Himchan to sit in the living room and not dare move from there or else Daehyun wasn’t going to make him breakfast anymore. This just made Himchan even more curious on what Daehyun was planning on making for him.
 
Finally Daehyun called Himchan to the dining table, as Himchan made his way there Daehyun started to play with his fingers in nervousness. As Himchan sat down Daehyun put his breakfast on the table “I told you that I can’t cook, so don’t complain.”
 
Himchan just stared into his bowl of cereal “That’s it?”
 
Daehyun bit his lip in embarrassment “I said don’t complain!”
 
Himchan smiled “I’m not complaining, I was just asking a question.”
 
Daehyun scoffed “This is what you get for making me go into the kitchen.”
 
Himchan stood up and enveloped Daehyun in a warm embrace “This is more than enough with just the fact that you made it for me.”
 
Daehyun blushed a deep red and pushed Himchan away “Just eat please.”
 
Himchan smiled and nodded. A few minutes passed in silence until Himchan noticed that Daehyun wasn’t eating anything. “Daehyun?”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“You didn’t poison the cereal did you?”
 
Daehyun gave him a glare “No, why do you ask?”
 
“Then why aren’t you eating?”
 
“Oh…” Daehyun gave him a sheepish look, “I think I have an upset stomach from the pizza I ate last night.”
 
“See this is why I told you to slow down.”
 
“You don’t have to scold me, I already feel sick enough.” Daehyun said with a pout.
 
“How about I make you some soup?”
 
Daehyun thought about it before shaking his head “I don’t really feel like eating anything anytime soon.”
 
“I’m still making it.” Himchan said with a shrug of his shoulders.
 
Daehyun groaned as he remembered he had a shift “I forgot I have to work today,” he made a face of disgust “I don’t know how I am going to stand the smell of coffee.”
 
“Call in sick.”
 
Daehyun shook his head “I can’t leave Jongup alone.”
 
“I’m sure he won’t mind.” Daehyun still seemed unsure so Himchan added “You want me to call him?”
 
“No!”
 
Himchan blinked in surprise at Daehyun’s outburst. Daehyun quickly apologized for it “Sorry, it’s just that he already thinks we slept together,” Both men flushed at this, “I just don’t want him to have any more leverage which to torture me at work with.”
 
Himchan gave him an understanding smile “So what are you going to do then?”
 
Himchan saw that he was torn between not leaving Jongup alone at work or staying at home, so he decided to give him a little nudge “At what time do you need to go in?”
 
Daehyun glanced at his watch “I have another hour.”
 
“Great, I’ll make you some soup then.”
 
Daehyun pouted “But I said I wasn’t hungry.”
 
“Fine then how about we watch some TV and see if your stomach gets better.” Himchan suggested.
 
Daehyun eagerly agreed.
 
                                                                                40 Minutes Later
 
“You should start getting ready if you don’t want to be late.”
 
Daehyun pouted at the thought of not spending the day with Himchan “I don’t want to go.”
 
Himchan laughed “I’m telling you to call in sick.”
 
“But Jongup….”
 
Himchan stayed quiet for a few seconds until an idea came to him “Why don’t you convince Jongup to get Junhong to help.”
 
“But isn’t Junhong working right now?”
 
“Nah, it’s his day off.”   
 
Daehyun scrunched his eyebrows in confusion “Then why would he go work for me on his day off?”
 
“Trust me he will, anything to spend some more time with Jongup he would do.”
 
Daehyun bit his lip “I still don’t know.”
 
“Well if you don’t want Junhong to help you out, I don’t mind helping Jongup out for a bit.”
 
“No!” Daehyun blushed “I mean I think Jongup would rather have Junhong there… and you here with me.”
 
Himchan felt his heart skip a beat at Daehyun’s words “Well then you better call Jongup before it gets too late.”
 
Daehyun quickly dialed Jongup.
 
“Hello?”
 
Jongup.”
 
“What’s up hyung?”
 
“I have a favor to ask you.”
 
“Sure, what is it?”
 
“I don’t think I can make it in to work today.”
 
“But hyung, why?”
 
Daehyun could almost hear the pout Jongup most likely had “I’m sorry, but I don’t feel well enough today. I think I over ate yesterday.”
 
Jongup snorted “Yeah sounds like you.”
 
“Yah!”
 
“But hyung are you really gonna leave me by myself?”
 
Daehyun smiled “Of course not. What kind of hyung do you think I am? I was thinking that you can ask Junhong to help you out.”
 
“For reals hyung?”
 
“Yeah, unless you don’t want too.”
 
“No I want too, so I’m going to call him right now.”
 
“Jongup wait! Hello? Hello?” Daehyun frowned at the phone “He hung up on me.”
 
Himchan laughed “Well at least now you don’t have to worry about work.”
 
Daehyun nodded before pouting “Yeah but my stomach is still bothering me.”
 
Himchan gave him a small smile “You want that soup now so you can take some medicine for it?”
 
Daehyun made a face at the mentioning medicine “I’ll take the soup.”
 
“Great, it’ll be done in a few minutes.”
 
Once Himchan was done with Daehyun’s soup he came back to the living room only to find Daehyun fast asleep on the couch. Himchan let out a sigh “And he is back asleep.”
 
He contemplated at going back to his apartment and continuing unpacking or stay here for when Daehuyn woke up. Himchan bit his lip, he really needed to finish unpacking. He gave Daehyun a quick kiss on his forehead and made his way to the door. Hopefully he would make it back before Daehyun would wake up.
 
Just as he was putting his shoes on Daehyun’s voice was heard. “Where are you going?”
 
Himchan jumped at hearing Daehuyn “You scared me, I thought you were asleep.”
 
Daehyun pouted “Where are you going?”
 
“I was just going to unpack my stuff for awhile.”
 
“You’re leaving me while I’m sick?”
 
Himchan smiled “Well I thought you were asleep and wouldn’t notice.”
 
“I promise that I won’t fall asleep again…” Daehyun pulled Himchan back into the living room “How about we watch a movie?”
 
“How about you eat something first?”
 
Daehyun huffed “Fine but only if we can watch a movie while I eat.”
 
“Alright.”
 
Soon both men were sitting down watching the movie Daehyun had picked. Daehyun ate his bowl of soup very very slowly, wanting to prolong it until Himchan forgot about giving him medicine for his stomach.
 
As soon as the ending credits started to roll Himchan stretched out on the couch letting out a little yawn “You’re still eating?”
 
Daehyun grinned at him “Yeah, don’t want my stomach to hurt even more.”
 
“Maybe you should take some medici-”
 
“Oh! I just remembered that I have the sequel to this movie.”
 
Himchan frowned at being interrupted “Daehyun.”
 
Said man ignored Himchan “Come on I want to watch it.”
 
Before Himchan could answer Daehyun ran to his DVD collection to search for the movie. Himchan let out a sigh, he had an idea on why Daehyun was taking forever to eat and why he wanted to watch another movie.
 
After the third movie that day Himchan had knocked out to Daehyun’s delight now that he didn’t have to avoid Himchan’s questioning eyes.
 
Soon though Daehyun found himself bored and with nothing to do since Himchan was asleep, he pouted. He sat on the couch looking around trying to find something to do when his eyes settled on Himchan’s sleeping face.
 
A smile spread on Daehyun’s face at seeing how peaceful Himchan looked when asleep, he scooted closer to the blonde man. Daehyun was still somewhat amazed on how he managed to catch the eye of someone as beautiful as Himchan. He lightly traced Himchan’s jaw and lips with his fingertips, trying to memorize the sleeping mans face for another time. Daehyun sat there for another few minutes before he heard Himchan’s stomach growl in hunger.
 
Daehyun giggled Himchan was still fast asleep, he pursed his lips in thought “Maybe I should try and cooks something….” Daehyun frowned, he hated cooking but last time with Himchan he enjoyed it somewhat. He didn’t think he could do it without the older mans help but it also seemed that Himchan liked someone that could cook for him. Daehyun bit his lip in worry “what if he finds someone who can actually cook?”
 
Daehuyn shook his head “Maybe some eggs won’t be so hard….”
 
He quietly sneaked into the kitchen not wanting Himchan to wake up “How hard can this be?”
 
And hard it was.
 
Himchan woke up with a start almost falling off the couch as he heard and alarm ringing throughout the apartment “What’s going on?”
 
He heard a panicked “Nothing!” coming from the kitchen. Himchan quickly hurried over to see if Daehyun was ok only to see said man trying to flip a very burn egg. “What are you doing?”
 
Daehyun blushed as he tried to stutter out an answer “I was… I was just… don’t look at me like that!”
 
Himchan laughed “You are too cute.”
 
Daehyun pouted “I quit, you cook from now on.”
 
“Aww come on, you’re not that bad…” Himchan eyed the burnt eggs on the pan “Maybe we can cook together now, I’ll try to teach you how.”
 
Daehyun gave him a small smile “I’d like that.”
 
Before Himchan could say something else something caught his eye on the table, Daehyun noticed this with a squeak as he ran to the table and gave a nervous giggle.
 
“I knew I forgot something.”
 
 “No you didn’t.”
 
Himchan gave him a look “You don’t like medicine do you?”
 
Daehyun pouted “No, it tastes disgusting.”
 
“But it’ll make you feel better.”
 
“Don’t care, I don’t like it.”
 
At this point Himchan was almost grinning from ear to ear “Aw you big baby it’s not that bad.”
 
“Yah, don’t call me that.”
 
“Why not I think it suits you, you’re my adorable baby.”
 
Now Daehyun was blushing badly “Don’t call me that!”
 
“But Dae….” Himchan was pouting causing Daehyun’s insides to turn into jelly.
 
Himchan laughed and Daehyun scowled “Why do you like torturing me like this?”
 
Himchan gave him a big toothy smile “Not torturing, but teasing and because you looks so cute when you’re flustered.”
 
Daehyun groaned “I hate you.”
 
“Like you too.” And with that Himchan stole a kiss from Daehyun’s lips “Now how about we actually make something edible to eat.”
 
 
 
 
 
***You guys I am back! I am so sorry i took so long to update T.T no excuses for taking so long but hopefully this chapter makes up for my loooooong absence. Hopefully I can update more frequently now than making you guys wait months on end.... but no promises. And I hope this chapter isn't too bad since I have no idea where this story is going and maybe that is why I am taking forever to update... but anyways enjoy!***