Chapter 3

Coffee Shop (HimDae Ver.)

Jongup elbowed Daehyun “Stop staring.”

“I am doing no such thing!”

Jongup laughed “Yeah just keep telling yourself that hyung.” Suddenly Jongup was smiling a little to sweetly for Daehyun’s liking, “You should ask him out on a date.”

Daehyun’s eyes grew wide as his cheeks felt warm “Are you insane! What gave you that insane idea?”

Jonguo pouted “It’s not insane, I’m just saying if you like him then go for it.”

“Yeah that sound all very nice but you missed out on one very important detail here.”

Missing Daehyun’s sarcastic tone Jongup smiled brightly at him “What I miss?”

“The fact that he doesn’t like me.”

Jongup pouted “I’m sure he do-”

Suddenly Junhong’s voice cut through the whole coffee shop “NO!” Jongup and Daehyun just stared at him wondering for the reason that made him burst out like that in public. Daehyun felt his cheeks warm up again when he saw Himchanstart laughing uncontrollably, did that man have the nicest smile that Daehyun had ever seen.

Daehyun was brought back by some snapping fingers in front of his face, he blinked in confusion until he saw a smilingJongup, he frowned “What do you want?”

“You know this is always what you do hyung, you just admire from afar, that’s why you never have a date.”

Daehyun’s mouth fell open “Why you little!” he flicked Jongup on the forehead causing the younger to hiss in pain.

“You know what just for that I will tell Himchan that you have a HUGE crush on him!”

Jongup was about to step around the counter when he was grabbed by a panicking Daehyun “Don’t you dare or I will kill you!”

“Hyung I was joking!”

Daehyun scoffed “No you weren’t, I know you.”

“Hyung people are staring.” Jongup said as he tried to free his head from underneath his hold of Daehyun’s arm.

“I don’t care, you are not telling Himchan anything.”

“Daehyun hyung!”

The brief distraction cause by Junhong was enough to let Jongup escape. A strangled gasp left Daehyun’s lips as he saw Jongup head towards Himchan. Dread seeped into every cell in his body as Daehyun saw Jongup start talking to Himchan after he dragged him outside. With a thudding heart he turned to storm into the kitchen.

“Damn you Moon Jongup!”

About ten minutes later a smiling Jongup came into the kitchen “There you are hyung! The customers are getting impatient.”

Daehyun shook his head “I am not going out there! At least not until Himchan laves.”

Jongup rolled his eyes “Oh come on, did you really think I told him?”

“Then what else where you guys talking about for so long?”

“He said I was cute.”

Daehyun felt his heart sort of shatter “W-what?”

Jongup smiled “He said that I was cute so he was fine with me taking out Junhong later for a movie date.”

Daehyun didn’t know if he wanted to hug or slap Jongup at that moment “You spilled his coffee and dragged him outside to ask for his permission to ask out Junhong to a movie?”

“Uh huh.”

Without answering Daehyun just exited the kitchen wanting to get away from the bubbly boy and hopefully to get his heart working again no thanks to Jongup and his little stunt, Himchan wasn’t helping either. Especially if he was the first one at the counter as Daehyun approached with shaky legs.

“May I help you?”

Himchan smiled “Can I get another coffee?”

“Oh right Jongup spilled yours, I’ll make you a new one in just a bit.”

Daehyun was hoping for Himchan to stay close to the counter but of course Daehyun had no such luck as Himchan was practically pushed aside by a teenage girl who Daehyun with a cringe recognized as one of their regular customer, well she was whenever Daehyun had a shift.

Daehyun frantically tried to find Jongup to see if he was out of the kitchen, to Daehyun’s relief he was but he was talking to Junhong again which meant that Daehyun was left to fend for himself.

“What can I get for you?”

She smiled dreamily at him “I’ll have what I always get please.”

Daehyun raised an eyebrow at her “And that would be?”

She huffed “I’ve been coming here for weeks, I would assume you would have remembered by now.”

He gave her a nervous smile “I’m sorry… but I don’t remember.”

She flushed at the sight of his smile “Well maybe you can give me your number instead.”

Daehyun’s eyes darted up to see if he could catch Jongup’s attention but instead he caught Himchan’s who was now frowning, most likely because he was waiting for his coffee Daehyun thought, He quickly tore his eyes away from Himchan’s and he looked back at the smiling teenager “Ummm I don’t think that would be a good idea.”

She pouted up at him “And why not? Is it because I’m too young? I really don’t mind the age difference, it’s not like its that much of an .”

He gave he another awkward smile “Well you see I-”

“I don’t think his boyfriend will appreciate that.”

Daehyun turned wide eyed to Himchan who just simply winked at him, the girl turned watery eyes at him “Oppa you didn’t tell me you had a boyfriend.”

“W-well I-I… I had no reason to.”

She quickly wiped her watery eyes “Well then can I get the other guys phone number instead?”

“Jongup’s?”

Himchan’s smile widen “Why don’t you go ask him yourself he is right over there.”

With a squeal she ran to the poor unsuspecting Jongup. Daehyun tried to take a deep breath to calm his fast beating heart, he held almost calmed down until he saw Himchan smiling at him with a slight blush tinting his cheeks. Daehyun had to bite down on his bottom lip to stop himself from squealing like that teenage girl on how adorable Himchan looked right at that moment.

“So what do you say?”

Daehyun blinked out of his thoughts to see an ever redder cheeked Himchan “I’m sorry can you repeat what you just said.”

Himchan’s face fell “Um nothing important, please forget about the coffee I just remembered I have to be somewhere soon.”

“Oh okay then.”

With one last smile Himchan went to say goodbye to Junhong, Jongup was too busy fending off the customer. Daehyun pouted as soon as he saw Daehyun was out the door, he looked at the clock and groaned he still had five more hours before his shift would end.

Jongup had succeeded in running off his new fan and ran behind Daehyun to hide “I thought she was never gonna leave! Man she is scary.”

Daehyun giggled “You should thank Himchan he was the one that send her your way.”

Jongup pouted before he remembered something and a smirk grew on his face “So what you say?”

“Say to what?”

Jongup nudged him “You know to what.”

Daehyun thought for a moment “Actually I really don’t.”

“Himchan didn’t ask you out?”Jongup frowned.

“Why would he ask me out?”

Jongup made an exasperated sound “Because he likes you! Right after he said I could take Junhong out he asked me if you where seeing someone, when I told him no I seriously thought his face was going to split from how big his smile was. I told him that I was positive you were going to say yes, I wonder why he backed out?”

“Maybe he doesn’t really lik….oh no.”

“What?”

Daehyun felt like crying as he remembered himself spacing out then seeing a very flushed faced but hopeful looking Himchan and how his expression fell when Daehyun asked him to repeat what he had just said “I think he did.”

“What do you mean you think?” Jongup was not following.

“I wasn’t really paying attention and I think he asked me something but I didn’t hear him and when I asked him about it he said he had to leave.”

Jongup spluttered “You said no!”

“I didn’t mean to!”

Jongup started to push Daehyun out the coffee shop “You are going to find him and YOU are going to ask him out on a date then.”

“B-but Jonguppie!”

Jongup shook his head “No you made him upset so you must make him happy again, Junhung said he was going to stop by the record store again.”

Before Daehyun could even utter another word Jongup had thrown him outside. Daehyun could feel his heart thud against his rib cage as if it was trying to escape from him. He took a few but not so helpful calming breathes as he made his way to the record store, and sure enough Himchan was there looking through some of them but the smile from earlier was now gone and that made Daehyun’s heart twist.

With a shaking hand he tapped Himchan’s shoulder, not missing the surprised look Himchan had at seeing Daehyun in the store.

“Daehyun?”

Said man gave a shaky smile in return “Hey.”

“What are you doing here? Is everything ok?” Himchan’s eyes widen “Is Junhong ok?”

“Don’t worry everything is fine,” He took a deep breath “I was just wondering if… if….”

Daehyun closed his eyes tightly “If you wanted to have dinner with me later?”

He heard Himchan giggle and Daehyun swore his face was going to melt off from how hot his face felt at that moment. Daehyun wanted nothing more than to run home and hide under his covers.

“You’re cute when you blush, and how about a movie and dinner?”

 

*** And this was suppose to be a one shot lol OTL I have no idea where I am heading with this story***