Heart II

Michael
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
chapter eighteen  heart ii            

“You never told me you’re rich!” Ah Yeong’s eyes widened when she saw the gray bricked castle that appeared in front of them.

Gunwoo shrugged, continuing to walk down the paved alley. “You never asked, did you?”

“You should have told me!” The girl protested, hurrying to catch up with her new found boyfriend. “I would have dressed more… nicely,” she whispered, looking down at her sneakers.

“What’s wrong with your clothes? You look fine, trust me!” Gunwoo smiled as he kissed her temple, taking her hand at the same time.

“But… what will your parents say if they see me dressed so casually?!”

“You’ll see!” The boy smiled mysteriously as they passed the iron gates that served as border between the forest and the dragons’ territory.

The castle was one of the oldest in the magical kingdom, a heritage from the first dragons. The façade was covered with climbing ivy and pink roses, while rich bushes of crimson roses were guarding the alleys on both sides. The windows were tall, making the castle look as if it was smiling at the visitors, while the tall trees were keeping everyone safe during the summer heat.

A slim lady with long and red hair appeared on the doorstep, waving both her hands at the couple. She seemed to be somewhere around twenty-eight of an age if not even younger.

“YU-HUUU!” Her soprano voice reached them carried by the fair wind. “Welcome home, dear!” She hurried to wrap Gunwoo in her arms and kiss both his cheeks. “Oh, how rude of me,” she them laughed, pulling herself away from the flushed Gunwoo. “I’m Lee Sung Min, Gunwoo’s mother. And you must be the love of Gunwoo’s life!”

“Y-Yong Ah Yeong, 'mam,” the girl hurried to shake the woman’s hand. But she woke up in an embrace similar to the one Gunwoo had received.

“Don’t be silly! I might be 200 years old, but I like to think that I don’t show my age,” the woman joked. “Call me Sung Min! Come on it, come on in! DEAR! Your son is here!” Sung Min then called.

“Is she really 200 years old?” Ah Yeong whispered to Gunwoo, to which he smiled.

“That’s what she likes to think. She’s 890 years old, actually!”

“Lee Gunwoo! Telling on your mother, huh?!” His mother smacked his head. “You brat!”

But a new person appeared in the hallway, stopping Sung Min from going further as she hurried to his side. It was a tall man with broad shoulders and dark hair, a man that seemed to be in his forties, so masculine and emanating so much power that Ah Yeong’s mouth went ajar.

“Welcome home, son,” the man smiled, melting away the iceberg that was set in his blue eyes. “And might this be?”

“Father, this is Ah Yeong, my girlfriend,” Gunwoo took the initiative, pushing the girl forward.

“Y-Yong Ah Yeong, sir!” She bowed to him.

“Oh, stop it you!” The man let out a hoarse laugh. “Call me Gun Hyuk. After all, we’re a family! Now son, let me show you my new trophy! The little bastard had me go through hell to get my hands on his horns!” Gun Hyuk took Gunwoo inside a room with double door, leaving both his wife and Ah yeong behind.

“Tell me Ah Yeong, do you like cooking?” Sung Min turned to her guest. “I might need your help for tonight’s dinner, I’m afraid.”

“S-sure! I’d love to help you!” Ah Yeong agreed with a smile, following Gunwoo’s mother towards right, where behind a simple black wooden door was hidden a kitchen the size of a restaurant.

 

☾♅☾

Ah Yeong remained silent during the dinner as Lee family offered a great view of how a family was behind the house’s walls. Lee Gun Hyuk was head over heels in love with Lee Sung Min and he would have given her anything to satisfy her, be that the moon on the sky. But Lee Sung Min was asking only for his love; she was satisfied with that. And Lee Gunwoo had taken bits of his mother and his father and blended them into his own personality, resulting into a bratty twenty-four years old student. His love for Ah Yeong was obvious into the eyes of his parents as he took care of his girlfriend during the dinner, making sure she was eating properly, passing her all the good meat in his plate.

They were the family Ah Yeong dreamt of having for her own. But maybe her children will be more fortunate, ‘cause if Gunwoo was a good boyfriend, he’s be a great father… right?

“You’re tired, aren’t you?” Gunwoo’s voice made Ah Yeong snap out of her thoughts and look at him.

“What are you talking about? Me? Tired? Boy, I’m just getting started… here,” she yawned, feeling her eyelids heavy all of a sudden.

“Come,” he took her hand, “I’ll show you your room.”

And Gunwoo led the way up the stairs, to this master bedroom on he left. The room was spacious enough to be a room for two: the king bed was the first tihing to draw attention as the dark velvet the canopy was made of, had stars embroidered on it. But there was this heavy wooden furniture as well that was just as impressing.

“This is where you’ll sleep,” Gunwoo closed the door behind them as they stepped in. “My room is at the end of the corridor if you need me for anything, alright?”

The girl nodded while lying down.

“Good night then,” he slipped out of the room, obviously not satisfied with the cast goodbye.

And Ah Yeong was thinking the same thing. But the Sandman was quick with his moves

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter