White Origami Heart

Michael
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
chapter sventeen white origami heart          

Origami – it’s not all about folding paper; it’s an art.

And in today’s lesson, we’ll learn how to make paper skip a beat. I mean, a beating heart!

All you need is a sheet of paper (make that white, please) a pencil and a ruler. Please arm yourself with a lot of patience, ‘cause it will be a ten minutes long battle against you and the paper – you and the artificial heartbeat.

Ready or not, here we go!

 

“What does that mean?” Gunwoo’s eyebrows united above his curious eyes in confusion.

“N-nothing! Just… I was thinking out loud I guess. I’ll go now. Yep!” Ah Yeong spun on her heels preparing to leave the staircase where they hid from the world.

“Aren’t you coming to eat breakfast with us?”

Little did the boy knew that his fingers wrapped around her wrist made her heart skip a beat and all her blood rush upwards, splashing her cheeks with crimson.

“N-no,” she shook her head. “I promised unnie that I’ll try her new English breakfast. Maybe next time…”

And with that, she left him there, puzzled. But she was so obvious that even The Voice inside her head giggled.

“What are you laughing at?” Ah Yeong frowned as she walked towards the cafeteria where no one was actually expecting her.

‘You? You’re so funny when you’re near the guy you like that you’re making it impossible for me to keep my mouth shut!’

“Well, you could at least try, right?” The girl sighed, not denying The Voice’s words. “And don’t do to the ‘I told you!’ side or else I’ll hit my head until it hurt you too!”

‘I’m mute!’

“Then how come I can still hear you?”

But The Voice remained silent as the girl picked up a red apple from the fruit basket. She was alone and down. It wasn’t that she suddenly discovered she liked Gunwoo. No, she actually liked him ever since they were paired up during the Field trip. He looked so cool when he punched Jaejoong! But then, she was too engrossed into her attraction towards Jaejoong to even realize that she liked to see him getting mad at her because there was a certain spark in his eyes, because his he’d wrinkle his nose and frown his eyebrows, because he’s point a finger at her, because, because, because so many more reasons!

“Now what?” she asked herself, looking at the sky through the closed window of the cafeteria. “What do I do now?”

 

☾♅☾

Step one: take a squared piece of paper (15cm X 15cm) and fold it in half on the horizontal axis, so that the bottom meets the half.

Step two: take the folded paper and fold it again in half, this time on the vertical axis. Crease well and unfold.

Step three: take the bottom corners and fold them so that there will be two triangles with opening from the vertical axis. The result as a whole should be a bigger triangle. Flip the paper over so that the two triangles face the table.

Step four: fold the right side to meet the center crease. Do not crease on the upper layer of paper. Allow it to just move from underneath to the top. Then repeat the move for the left part as well.

Step five: Flip the paper over and rotate so that the points of the triangle are towards you. Take the bottom edges of the small triangle and fold them in, lining it with the middle. Then make a crease on the outside. Do the same for the left part as well.

Step six: Now, take your pencil and draw a vertical line from one corner of the new obtained diamond, to another.

 

“So, what’s up?” Insoo just couldn’t remain silent anymore. Plus, it was getting dark and they had to return before meeting some of the oversized wolves that were lurking the woods around WAM.

“Shhhh, I’m thinking!” Gunwoo signaled him to remain silent and continued to walk down the path.

“Oh, c’mon!” His best friend sighed and hurried to catch up with him. “What’s there to think about so hard?! I mean, it’s not like you’re planning a date with a girl… or are you?” He eyed Gunwoo, who was frowning at his shoes.

“Actually… I am,” the later mumbled, hitting a stone and sending it flying ahead of them.

“I knew it!” Insoo fist-pumped the air. “Who is it? Who’s the lucky lady to have captured your heart? It was about time getting over Ah Yeong, ma’ friend!”

Gunwoo stopped in his tracks and turned to Insoo. “It’s about Ah Yeong.”

“Oh man, not again!” The boy sighed and let his arm fall from Gunwoo’s shoulder. “I thought we’ve been there already! That girl is not for you! One, she’s not pretty enough to be my best friend’s girl, two – her powers are still sealed and that means troubles for most of us and three – you know she doesn’t like you! So why go through the trouble to ask her for a date?”

“Seriously, Insoo? ‘Not pretty enough for me’? I thought you’re more open minded than that!” Gunwoo shook his head. “It’s just that… look, I think something might have happened last night between her and Jaejoong, ‘cause she looked different this morning when she asked to talk to me.”

“Differ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter