Weak

Michael
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
chapter nineteen  weak            

Ah Yeong’s POV

I guess I out at some point, ‘cause the pain was unbearable. And as I remained still, I felt the darkness lurking around me and my weak heart, an evil presence smirking like the devil as if it was expecting something to happen and grab my heart, pulling it out of my chest while it was still beating, while I was still breathing.

‘I’m sorry, Ah Yeong,’ The Voice spoke in that silence. I calmed down instantly. ‘I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. But I thought you’d be wiser than me, that you’ll understand that sixth sense of yours better and you’ll stay away from the magical world. I’m sorry I didn’t explain to you all of my plans, but the truth is that I was afraid you’d come out exactly like the past me. And I know just how hurt you’ll feel, just how much it will hurt seeing him getting hurt for the third time.’

“Third time?” My voice echoed into the eternal darkness that was surrounding me.

‘Yes, the third time,’ The Voice sounded bitter and sorrowful all of a sudden. ‘This is not the first time your heart behaves like this. And every single time, the same thing will happen: he’ll offer you his heart and you’ll accept it because we’re afraid of death. Isn’t it ironic? How God’s right hand fears of death?’

I wasn’t sure what she was talking about, but it wasn’t good for sure. And I wasn’t that convinced I was prepared to hear her out.

‘It is time, Ah Yeong, my human half… it is time to understand that this story has been played several times and every single time we chose, we chose wrong,’ The Voice continued her  speech, making me want to embrace myself and remain hidden forever inside that darkness.

But before I could do anything, a spear of light stabbed my chest, letting its warm ray of lights sneak inside my body, washing my heart with warmth. It was so warm that it felt like all Hell was out on a party inside of me. And suddenly I knew – I knew the whole history of me and the other two, the wrong I’ve done to both of them, the evil that had settled inside my heart, the way everything was going to break apart, the way we had been repeating the same story on and on. I knew all that and some more – the rightful end.

 

☾♅☾

Gunwoo’s POV

I watched Ah Yeong’s chest moving up and down, up and down, assuring myself that she was still breathing, still there – alive. I couldn’t believe that it had already passed twenty four hours since she was laughing, perfectly healthy in my arms, lying down on the king sized bed back at my place. I couldn’t believe that the pale being lying on the bed was Yong Ah Yeong, the girl I fell in love with. And all those images hunting me from the inside…

“Gunwoo,” Insoo rested his hand on my  shoulder, “you should go home. I’ll stay here with her.”

I stubbornly shook my head. “I told you before – no. I’ll stay here with her till I find out what’s wrong with her and she opens her eyes. I won’t leave her side!”

“Gunwoo…”

But I stood still, silent as a rock, pushing his carrying self away from me. I needed Ah Yeong – I needed to know that she was going to be fine.

“Are you her relatives?” A pale doctor approached us.

“I’m her boy – fiancee!” I jumped from my place.

“I see. I’m doctor Lu Han who was put in charge with miss Yong,” he took my hand and shook it.

“What’s wrong with her, doctor?”

He sighed heavily while looking at the ghostly figure lying underneath the covers. “The thing is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter