i like you.

Don't Say Goodbye [discontinued]

beginning authors note: I'm sorry for this really unsatisfactory update. I tried my best guys. I've been really busy with school, it's only week 6 and I've been much more busy than I expected to be. I'm disappointed in myself for writing such a bad chapter. Oh dear. Sue me.


     "No, I get it completely. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get to the university." I hung up the phone, holding back my tears as I gathered my things. "I'll be off."
     "Okay, have fun."
     I made my way to the orientation, where we'd go to every classroom, sleep in the dorms for a night with our roommates, and so on. 
     We stood in silence in one classroom when my phone began to ring. All eyes were on me, and I grabbed my phone and stepped outside to answer.
     "What do you even want? Didn't I tell you I was busy?"
     "I just want to talk about what I said earlier. I really didn't mean in like that Shinhye-yah." 
     "I don't have time to listen to your pleading or begging. I'm busy and I'm holding up orientation for you. Okay?" I sighed and waited for an answer.
     No answer.
     I hung up and walked back into the classroom.
     "Sorry." I spoke softly in English. 
     The orientation resumed, when we eventually came across the dorms, being given a roommate and dorm to stay in for the night.
     
2 years later
 
     "Shinhye, are you free later?" A friend, Nick, to be exact, asked as I walked to class.
     "Hm.. No. This is my last class for the day? Why?"
     "I was just wondering.. If maybe you wanted to go to dinner with me?" 
      "Oh? If that's so then-" my phone rang. Yonghwa. It's been two years since he's called me. I smiled apologetically at Nick and answered the phone. "Yabosayo?"
     "Shinhye-yah.."
     "Why are you calling? It's been two years.. Figured you forgot about me already."
     "No... I'm in.. I'm in New York right now."
     "Why? Are you crazy? What are you doing here?"
     "I wanted to see you. Don't make any plans for tonight. I'm coming to your dor-"
     "I already have plans."
     "When are you free?"
     "Why do you care?"
     "Because you're my friend.. And.. I have some things to tell you.. I want to catch up with you.."
     "Give me an hour. I'll wait for you in Central Park. Bye." I hung up and turned back to Nick. "Sorry.."
     "Who was that?"
     "An old friend from Korea. He's apparently here in New York."
     "Oh. You're probably gonna meet him, aren't you? We can schedule din-"
     "No. It's fine." I smiled at him lightly. "I'm only going to be with him for a little bit. We don't have to reschedule. I'll call you later, hmm?"
     
     I paced around and looked at my watch. He must've gotten lost.
     "Shinhye-yah."
     I turned around at the familiar voice. "Yonghwa.."
     He smiled and pulled me into an embrace. My heart began to flutter and I felt my face getting hot. Why am I feeling this way? I thought I was over him..
     "I'm sorry.."
     "It's fine. You know me well enough to know I wouldn't hold a grudge against you." I pulled away from the embrace and and smiled. "Your hair is blonde."
     "I'm not just sorry for saying those kinds of things about you.. I'm also sorry for not realizing my feelings in time."
     "What do you mean?" I said carefully.
     "I like you."
     My breath hitched and I tried to process the new information.
     "What happened.. between you and Seohyun?"
     "We broke up. After you left."