가지마.

Don't Say Goodbye [discontinued]

 

Don't Say Goodbye
~가지마~
      I don't know why, but I can't get Shinhye off my mind. I can't stop checking my watch, tapping my foot as if I were late to meet her at the airport,
      "Is something wrong?" Seohyun asked, watching me from across the table. "Are you late for something? We can go if you want." 
     "No, nothing's wrong." I smiled at her and continued to eat my food, when out of my peripheral vision I saw three people who looked familiar, and a girl behind them.
     Geun Suk hyung, Shi Yoon hyung, Hongki, and Shinhye. I pretended not to notice them, although I did, as they turned around and started to insist that they go to a different restaurant. As they left my sight, I started to get anxious.
     Why didn't they want me to see her? Would she break out in tears if she knew I were here.
     "Hello? Earth to Yong, Earth to Yong." Seohyun waved a hand in front of my face as I spaced out. 
     "Oh, sorry. I actually do have to get somewhere. I'll see you later." I stood up and walked toward the front.
     "Let's go together!" She said, going after me.
     Why'd Seohyun have to come? Shinhye would just hurt some more.
     I got in my car, ready to step on the gas and go, when Seohyun made it into the passengers seat in the nick of time.
     Shoot. 
     Ignoring the thought, I drove to the airport which was a mere 30 minutes away. Why did it have to be 30 minutes? Why couldn't it be 5?
     "The airport? Why? Is this for Shinhye unni? Just leave her be, you said you weren't going and that sending her off isn't a big deal." Juhyun said bluntly.
     "It's a big deal to me." I replied, tightening my grip on the steering wheel. 
     "So she means more to you than me? Tch." Seohyun was so out of character. Does she hate Shinhye? Why so? I've shown her so much more love to her than I have to Shinhye. If Shinhye hates Seohyun, I think she has the right to.
     "Did I ever say that? She means the world to me, for your information. Whenever it's about Shinhye you just become so unlike yourself. Do you hate her or something?"
     "I just don't like the fact that your best friend is a girl. Unni's really nice and pretty and sweet but don't you think it's kind of good she's leaving? No more interruptions or anything between us. It bothers me when she just kind of pops up while we're on a date." 
     "Wah, this really isn't the Seohyun I thought I knew, huh? It's not good she's leaving. She's leaving because she's hurt by me." I pulled into the airport parking lot. "Stay here. I'll be back in a few." 
     "I'll come with. Just in case." I rolled my eyes as Juhyun followed after me. I ran into the airport. 
      I walked inside and saw Hongki and the Hyungs, with Shinhye slowly walking to her terminal. 
     "Yah, Park Shinhye!" I started to run after her while waiting for her to turn around.
She turned around to look who was calling her, and I watched her expression change as she saw Seohyun clinging on to me. 
     "Yah, Yonghwa came! You should stay now!" Hongki exclaimed, smiling brightly. 
     Seohyun linked her arm around mine, smiling and bowing at her as if it were good that she was leaving. She really wasn't as sweet as she looked.
     "Don't leave. Don't leave and think that you're worthless. Stay here with me and I'll show you that you're worth something." I pleaded. 
     "Just let her go. Unni, have a safe flight, we'll be going now." Seohyun bowed her head and smiled again. 
     "Yah, Jung Yonghwa. Do you think I'm some kind of joke? I was gonna stay if you came, but you come with her? Yes, she's your girlfriend, I support you, but do you not know how much it hurts to see you together? Do you think you can joke around with me, try to prove to me that I'm worth something, even when it's your girlfriend that makes me feel worthless to you, bringing her here? Yes, I still have feelings for you, I accept you. But this is just way too much. You know, I'm not just going to America to study, I'm going to America to forget every little thing I felt about you, forget that I loved you, but that meant nothing to you. Forget that when I try to talk to you, you only go on and on about the girl that isn't me. Sure, I'm saying this in front of your girlfriend, but I am just so done with all of this. In case you don't mind, I'll be leaving." 
     Seohyun loosened her grip on my arm before she turned back around and walked away from us.
     I chased after and grabbed her wrist and turned her around. "Don't go." 
     She yanked her wrist out of my grip and turned to me with a hurt look on her face. "Tell that to a girl who you plan not to joke around with." She walked away and I watched her wipe her tears. 
     Seohyun came up behind me. "I'll be in the car." 
     I turned to the guys as Seohyun disappeared from our sight.
     "Why'd you bring her?" Geun Suk hyung asked with an annoyed look on her face.
     "I didn't. She followed me here. Apparently she hates Shinhye or something. That's not something I can tolerate."
      "Couldn't get her off your mind, huh? Did she yell at you last night?" Hongki questioned.
     "She told me she felt worthless. I couldn't sleep last night."
     "Have you been thinking about her all day?" Shi Yoon hyung said.
     "Yeah, why?" 
     "Have you ever thought that you might have feelings for her?" Hongki asked, letting out a slight snicker.
     "No, because I don't. I love Seohyun, and I always will." I stated simply. Yes, Shinhye means the world to me, but there's only one person in my heart, and that's Seohyun.
     "Hmph. Whatever you say. I bet your girlfriend's been waiting a while. Better hurry before she gets annoyed." Shi Yoon hyung said with a dark expression. 
      "Ah, right. Annyeong." I bowed at the three and exited the airport. As soon as I sat down in the car, I was being piled with questions?
     "Worthless? Who are you to make a girl feel worthless? Why is this because of me? Why does she have feelings for you even though she knows we're together. She's too sensitive, you know? Girls like her can be annoying."
     "You've got a quite a personality change, huh? Calm down. It's nothing you need to know." 
     "Arasso." She smiled and returned to her own innocent self, but with a demon look in her eyes. 
     Hopefully by the time she arrives in America she'll forget that all happened and forgive me.
The next morning I received an overseas call from Shinhye.
     "Yabosayo?" I said as I yawned, just awakening at that time.
     "You probably just woke up, but I'm sorry for getting angry at you yesterday. I just... When you came I felt so happy, but when I saw Seohyun my mood just dropped. I know I sound stupid, but that's just how I feel."
     "It's fine. It doesn't bother me that you called me this early. And I give you every right for your mood to drop when you see Seohyun. She's been out of character lately. You're not stupid."
     "Well, it's late here, so I'll be off to my friends house to sleep."
     "You have a friend there?"
     "She moved to America a long time ago. I'm staying with her and I'm waiting for her to pick me up right now. So I'll talk to you soon, okay?" 
     "Be careful." 
     "You too." 
      Hours later, around night time, I received a video call from Shinhye.
     "Annyeong." She smiled, with hair in front of her face and a tired expression on. "Sorry, my face is bloated, but I just want to give you an early goodnight because I'll be at the university by the time you go to sleep."
     "Don't worry about your appearance in front of me. How are you?"
     "Tired. You? You must have worked hard today."
     "Yeah. You were on my mind though, I kept worrying if you were okay or not. I miss you already."
     "I mi-" And with that, the kids called out.
     "Hyung! Seohyun-ssi is here." Minhyuk called, opening my bedroom door.
     It sounded like Shinhye was gonna tell me she misses me too. "Seohyun's there? Ah, I should call you some other time then." She nodded her head and smiled.
     "Wait. It doesn't matter, does it? Let's keep talking. What were you gonna say?"
     "I was gonna say tha-"
     "Oppa! Oh, are you talking to unni?" She came over to my side and smiled when she saw Shinhye's face on the screen. "Annyeong, unni!"
     "Actually, Yonghwa, I have to get ready to go to orientation. I'll call you some other time. Annyeong." She hung up quickly.
     I flailed my arms in the air. "Perfect timing. Right when I begin to talk to her you come."
     "It's that unni's fault for calling you when I come."
     I sighed. "What brings you here?"
     "You."
     "Of course. Seohyun-ah, "that unni" has a name. She's not just an object."
     "Oppa, you promised me that in this relationship, you would be nice, and nice for me only. You'd defend me, and me only. Because I'm the only girl on your mind and the only girl that will be on your mind. But you're defending that unni and you're thinking about her. Do you like her?"
     "It's not that way, Seohyun-ah. Is it so wrong to worry about the girl I know better than she knows herself? Is it so wrong to worry about my best friend?"
     "But it seems like you have feelings for her."
     "I don't. And I never have, and never will. Because although she's pretty, sweet, loving, and caring. She's that one girl I'd never date, because she's not really worth dating."
Seohyun smiled and left the room real quick.
I heard a muffling noise and realized that my phone had dialed someone. I was in too much of a panic to look at the ID, and I just put the phone to my ear.
     "Hello?"
     "Is that how you feel about me? That I'm not worth loving?" A soft voice said. 
     "No, Shinhye it's not that-"
     Her voice began to sound choked up. "No, I get it completely. If you'll excuse me I have to get to the university."
 
 
In sorry for taking so long to update ;n; I've had a lot of homework this past week so please forgive. Are you guys well? Ugh. I really don't mean to make Seohyun and Yonghwa such es at times. But um. Please enjoy while my brother becomes a complete waste of my time.