Tree of Hope?

The Root of Evil [On Hiatus]

---------

"Alikazoom!" Youngjae boomed as he stretched out his hand and an invisible stream of power shout out of it and into a root. He put it into a jar and labelled it "Evil Root". "Kekeke now everyone in Seoul will become evil and cold. I shall take action now."

He cackled evilly as he planted the root into the soil. Muttering some spell, a huge tree suddenly emerged from the root and it was as if it was a normal tree. He then disguised himself into an old man and hopped onto his vehicle, an AutoBot.

It was a vehicle that could fly and travel on roads. Youngjae was a genius at inventing things, but for the wrong ones. He was a sadistic wizard and no one, no, nothing can stop him from doing what he wants once he set his mind on it. He also could read minds.

~

Back to the 5 best friends when they were young:

Everyone came from a rich family except for Myungsoo. He was often teased by them that he has no parents and was poor, but he still took it all in and endured their remarks. He took everything seriously.

"If I do not have what others have, I'll make sure they do not have them too."

Obsessed by money and power, the adult Myungsoo did not forget what his friends did to him and was determined to do whatever it took to achieve his goals. Youngjae appeared. He whispered, "Go to this tree; it will grant all your wishes." Myungsoo nodded and smirked. He came to the tree. He remembered his friends' jeers. Myungsoo shook his head furiously.

Just then, a hologram was being projected from the tree.

Words started to fill up the paper in the hologram and Myungsoo read it out aloud, "To make your wishes come true, you have to sacrifice someone's life and the Tree Spirit will feed on his/her soul. One wish, two lives. It's your choice. Now, make your wish."

Myungsoo wished for wealth.

"I admire you. Good job." Youngjae appeared out of nowhere.

"Don't worry, I'm just a hologram." He added.

Myungsoo smirked.

"I will make them regret messing with Kim Myungsoo."