~o4 Kiss Me: Baekyeol

Kiss Me

~o4 Kiss Me: BaekYeol

“I was made to keep your body warm…”

 

 

 

 

                There’s something about the way he laughs and the way he smiles that makes Baekhyun’s heart falter like he’s trying to catch his breath, yet it only takes a second for it to suddenly speed up like the rapid fluttering of a hummingbird’s wings. He still remembers it the first moment he laid eyes on him.

            Park Chanyeol.

            Baekhyun has to admit it wasn’t all sparkly and pretty like how it happens in the movies though. Park Chanyeol was a hunk, but lord help his poor soul, the man was also a complete idiot. He was clumsy and loud, borderline obnoxious when he was around his friends, and oh boy, he had one of the worst manners Baekhyun had ever come across in his lifetime.

            Yes, Baekhyun had always envisioned his first love to be polite and tranquil. Someone who at least had the brains to converse with him at a higher level and share—what he believes—the utmost interesting topics of today’s politics and affairs. Honestly, he thought he was falling in love with his best friend, Kyungsoo, but little Kyungsoo was too polite and too delicate even for Baekhyun’s taste, and the boy had no interest whatsoever in politics. Like c’mon, who even likes politics?

            In the end, Kyungsoo was swept off his feet by another person, Kim Jongin, for whatever reason Baekhyun has yet to understand and whom he also deems an idiot, but it was through Kyungsoo’s persistence that Baekhyun even met Chanyeol. “It’s for a double date.” Kyungsoo had said. He was still too shy to go on a date with Jongin alone, so he had begged and begged and begged until eventually he just dragged Baekhyun along with him.

            “I don’t even know who this Park Chanyeol is, Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun had whined, “It’s going to be so awkward.” 

            “You’ll be fine. I met Chanyeol once before and he’s really nice. He talks a lot so—”

            “That means he’ll just be annoying.” Baekhyun groaned, “Ugh, the things I do for you…”

            Kyungsoo pouts, “Why do you always have to be so mean? Just wait til you see him. He’s really quite handsome—if that helps with anything.”

            Baekhyun just grunts and blows a stray wisp of hair from his forehead.

            Both boys then waited for their respective dates, one of them more out of reluctance, but the café they were inside of was warm and cozy, protecting them from the chilly autumn air outside. Baekhyun was thankful for that at least.

            After several minutes of waiting, which felt like a bazillion years to Baekhyun, Kyungsoo’s signature heart shaped smile comes into full view when a dashingly charming man makes his way over towards them. So this must be Kim Jongin. Baekhyun had mused quietly to himself; however, his eyes were quick to furrow in doubt when he spotted an incredibly huge giant stumbling over one of his untied shoelaces as he walked behind the man he assumed to be Kyungsoo’s boyfriend. Oh god, please don’t tell me that this guy is… Baekhyun immediately frowned in disbelief when the giant fell face first onto the wooden floor, which earned the poor guy a couple of ‘are you alright, sir?’ from a few workers and customers who were nearby. Baekhyun wanted to facepalm himself right there and then at the pathetic sight.

            “Eh-heh, um…sorry for that embarrassing scene just now. I’m Park Chanyeol. It’s nice to meet you!”

            Baekhyun blinked once. Then twice. Did that giant just wipe his sniffling nose with his hand before offering it? Ugh, seriously? How disgusting! Baekhyun scrunched his nose and stared at the other male’s hand with utter horrification. Kyungsoo had also witnessed the scene, but he didn’t want Baekhyun to appear rude, so he slightly nudged his grossed out friend with his elbow in order to get him to shake the giant’s hand.

            “Really, Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun scoffed lightly under his breath making the giant raise his eyebrows upward in confusion, his hand faltering slightly from where he had it held up in the air for the smaller male to take. Baekhyun took in a deep breath, but found no courage to grip the taller man’s hand with his own, so he merely patted the man’s fingertips; avoiding the contaminated areas as best he could.

            “Yea, it’s nice to meet you, too. I’m Byun Baekhyun.” He greeted with a clenched smile.

            “Um, yea…” Chanyeol responded back as he stared at his hand, not understanding why Baekhyun didn’t shake it.

            At this, Kyungsoo really did facepalm himself in public—for Baekhyun’s sake anyway.

            After their extremely awkward double date, Baekhyun couldn’t help but think that there was a bad omen hovering over him for the next few weeks. Was karma trying to get back at him? He swears to the high heavens above that he didn’t murder his elderly neighbor’s cat, Mr. Cuddles, back when he use to mow lawns for a living during high school. Or that one time when he got super lucky and was finally able to troll Jongdae, the King of Trolls, by pulling down his pants in front of the entire school. Or that other one time when he forced Kyungsoo to dress up like a girl just so his humiliated friend could seduce the bouncer to get them inside a club they weren’t even allowed to be in because of their age at the time. Okay, okay, so maybe the last one he should get punished for since he did make his best friend cross-dress deliberately; and yea, alright, the second one, too, but hey, in Baekhyun’s defense it was for revenge since Jongdae always did pick on Kyungsoo and him during high school. And Mr. Cuddles, well, let’s just say the cat ran away and never came back.

            So, yes, he has collected a bit of karma over the years for his idiotic mistakes, but he didn’t think it would come and attack him full force in the form of a giant named Park Chanyeol. Literally, everywhere he went he saw the guy—the café, the university, the public library, the candy aisle of a superstore, down a random street, just everywhere.

            Baekhyun would hide behind dumpsters for crying out loud just to avoid him. He wasn’t sure if he was being paranoid; thinking the giant was stalking him, or if their encounters really were just out of mere coincidence, but he sure as hell wanted it to stop. For God’s sake it was only a date—a double date—but that shouldn’t mean he would have to see the giant appearing constantly behind every freaking corner. This was a sign wasn’t it? A bad one, Baekhyun thinks, definitely bad.

            After a good solid month of unprepared heart attacks and seeing Chanyeol everywhere he went, Baekhyun was tired and decided it was time to confront the giant on the matter. However, despite Baekhyun’s usual brazen personality when he wanted to get something done and over with, he couldn’t find the courage to go up to Chanyeol and simply ask him if he was stalking him.

            Well, when Baekhyun thought more deeply about it, it did sound a bit strange to just blurt that out to someone and accuse them of stalking you. What if Chanyeol wasn’t even stalking him at all? That would make things a lot more awkward than it already was if that was the case.

            Ironically, Baekhyun wounded up being the one stalking the giant instead. He will always deny it whenever Kyungsoo tries to bring up the topic, but there’s no doubt Baekhyun really did go out of his way and creepily stalked the poor giant. He found out where he lived, where he worked, where he ate, and where he hung out with friends. He even went the extra mile and looked him up on social media sites like Facebook and Instagram. Baekhyun was in deep, too deep, and he cursed himself constantly for becoming obsessed with someone whom he had deemed incompetent, along with his best friend’s boyfriend, but as time passed he couldn’t help himself when he started to fall for the giant’s uncanny charms.    

            Chanyeol may have been a messy slob, but it was due to his creativity, painting away on canvases that built up in colossal mountains in his apartment room. He was clumsy; always bumping into people and tripping over his own two feet, as well as on the occasional untied shoelace, but he was always quick to apologize, and somehow after the incident he would gain a new friend just like that after a brief exchange of words with them. He also ate like a pig and spat flecks of food onto other people’s faces whenever he laughed at something ridiculously stupid, but he was just the type of person to enjoy the little things in life.

            Baekhyun started to see all of these perfect little imperfections within Chanyeol’s being and slowly, but surely, he began to fall in love with each and every discovery of the other male.

 

---

 

            Autumn quickly breezed into winter and now it’s the beginning of spring. Baekhyun has kept his budding affections for Chanyeol a secret as well as his unhealthy daily dose of stalking the taller male, but something about today was different. He no longer felt like karma was out to get him. Life felt amazingly wonderful and it was like nothing in the world could stop him. He smiled to himself as he gathered all of his things before heading out of his apartment to the café where he had first met Chanyeol. He craved for an Americano and that café was the closest one around the area.

            Right as he walked in, Baekhyun was quickly greeted with a good morning from one of the younger employees, a young high school student named Sehun, who apparently loved to dye his hair atrocious colors every other week. At least this time the boy decided to tone it down a bit and went with a simple blonde.

            “The usual?” Sehun asks blankly.

            Baekhyun nods with a cheery smile, “Yes, please.”

            Sehun immediately sets to work, noting Baekhyun’s unusual happy behavior into his mind, but decides to shrug it off and finish his task at hand.

            As Sehun resumes making Baekhyun’s Americano, the said male is blissfully humming some random tune as he eyes the little pastries that were sitting beautifully in the window display at the front of the café. Maybe he should get one of those small, yet wonderfully delicious strawberry shortcakes for Kyungsoo and him to share. Apparently Kyungsoo wanted to come over his house today—hopefully leaving his puppy of a boyfriend at home this time—and watch some good ole dramas they used to gush over back in their high school days. Baekhyun was actually looking forward to it, and because of this unexpected movie night, he decided it wouldn’t hurt to buy dessert since Kyungsoo would most definitely stay the night and make them dinner. He should at least contribute something, and Kyungsoo loves anything that has to do with strawberries.

            Unfortunately for Baekhyun, Jongin was quite fond of strawberries, too—whenever it came to Kyungsoo anyway. As long as Jongin stayed home, Baekhyun wouldn’t have to be reminded of that very horrible moment in all of his twenty-two years of living when he accidentally walked in on Kyungsoo having one of the greatest time of his life, which, you can guess, included strawberries and a very much man named Kim Jongin. That was the day Baekhyun realized his best friend wasn’t as delicate and innocent as he seemed.

            Baekhyun shakes away the thought and shudders from head to toe. He heads back over to the front counter where his order should be about ready. Sehun walks up at just the right time and puts the freshly made Americano on top of the countertop. He’s about to bid Baekhyun the customary ‘have a nice day and come back soon,’ but Baekhyun quickly opens his mouth to order for his strawberry shortcake.

            “I would like to get one strawberry shortcake to go as well, please.”

            “So, for the both of you?” Sehun asks, his eyes flitting from Baekhyun to someone else who was standing behind him.

            Confused, Baekhyun looks over his shoulder and chokes down a scream when he sees who it is. It was the giant, Park Chanyeol. No wonder his voice sounded weird when he had ordered for the cake. They had asked for it exactly at the same time.

            Whoa, wait a minute. When did Chanyeol even get here? Baekhyun must have been too distracted when he was looking at the strawberry shortcake to notice another person walking into the café.    

            “Oh, hey, it’s you. Baekhyun, right?” Chanyeol greets.

            “U-uh, yea. That’s me, Baekhyun.” The smaller stutters out like an idiot. He looks down at the cup sitting in Chanyeol’s hand and wonders what the taller male had ordered to drink just so he could keep his mind diverted from the giant’s blinding smile.

            “It’s been awhile, hasn’t it? How have you been? Oh, and Kyungsoo, how is he? Ah, nevermind, Jongin talks about him enough as it is, so, um, yea…you?”

            “There’s nothing much to say really. I guess I’ve been doing well.” Baekhyun says nervously, feeling his heart pound like crazy, and thinking about how Chanyeol is completely oblivious to the fact that he stalks him on a daily basis. He never thought in a million years that he would run into him like this. He was always careful about his surroundings and was always on the lookout for the giant if he was nearby, so having this happen to him is quite startling for Baekhyun.

            “That’s good, so…”

            “Um, hey, excuse me, but did you two still want your strawberry shortcake or not?” Sehun interrupts with that blank face of his still on. Baekhyun had already forgotten all about the strawberry shortcake.

            “Oh. Oh, yea, the cake. Yes, I would like one.” Baekhyun says to the teenager.

            “And me, too. I would like one as well.” Chanyeol adds in.

            “Sorry, but we only have one available today. It’s the one that’s on display right now.”

            “Really? Well then, it’s okay. I can just get another one from somewhere else.” Baekhyun says hastily just so he can high tail it out of there. Chanyeol places a hand on his shoulder before he could turn to leave though.

            “No, no, it’s alright. You can go ahead and take it. I was only getting it for Jongin anyway since he’s a lazy . Kyungsoo told him he was going over to his friend’s house for a movie night today, or something like that, and he wanted Jongin to pick up the cake for him since he was going to be busy running errands for his boss at work. He didn’t want to get it though, so I offered to do it for him.”

            Baekhyun takes a quick second to digest the information before shaking his head and waving his hands in the air, “Wait, wait, wait. Kyungsoo was the one who told Jongin to pick up the strawberry shortcake?”

            “Uh, yea.”

            “So, Kyungsoo. As in Do Kyungsoo” Baekhyun reiterates.

            “Yes, Kyungsoo. As in Do Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol copies back.

            “Like, he told Jongin to come here—to pick up at this café specifically?”

            “Um, no, not really?” Chanyeol says in confusion not really sure why Baekhyun was acting so strange.

            “That means you didn’t come here just because you wanted to, right?”

            “Yea. I said I would get it for Jongin, so I came here since this is the closest café from my apartment.”

            “No way! I don’t believe you!” Baekhyun abruptly shouts, startling the giant and even Sehun who actually had a genuinely surprised expression form on his normally blank one

            “What? What do you mean?” Chanyeol asks, backing up when Baekhyun stabs a finger into his chest.

            “This is a set up isn’t it?”

            Chanyeol is backed up against the front counter and Sehun’s relieved that there aren’t any other customers inside right now. He keeps his hand on the café’s phone, though, just in case things get too out of hand.

            “Set up? Baekhyun, what on earth are you talking about?”

            “Oh, shut it, mister. I know you. You’ve been popping up everywhere I go, and when I mean everywhere, I mean everywhere. Do you know how irritating that has been for me? I hate seeing your face, and I swear to God I do. I really, really hate you. Ever since that stupid double date Kyungsoo made me go to I haven’t been able to get rid of you, and even just the thought of you. You’re so annoying, and loud, and tall, and stupid, and clumsy, and…argh!” Baekhyun slams a fist right smack dab in the middle of Chanyeol’s chest. It should hurt like hell, but Chanyeol doesn’t even notice. He just thinks dumbly how Baekhyun looks really cute like this and how much of an idiot he was for not noticing this side of the smaller male before when they had first officially met.

            “Goddamnit! I knew Kyungsoo was on to me with his pestering little questions and nosy little attitude. Can’t believe he figured it out that I was following you around this whole time—well, more like stalking you—but that doesn’t really matter. I only did it because I actually really like you and—whoa, hold up! Nope. No. That’s not what I…oh my ing god. I did not just say all that out loud did I?”

            Chanyeol blinks a couple times due to his surprise at Baekhyun’s words, but after a complete one-hundred percent recovery of his mind reprocessing everything and confirming that Baekhyun had indeed said all those things out loud, the corners of his mouth uplift into a small smile.

            “No! Stop it! There’s going to be no smiling here, you giant! I didn’t mean whatever it is that I said—any of that!” Baekhyun screams in denial, “Oh my god. Really, Park Chanyeol, would you please stop smiling like that!”

            “Sorry, Byun Baekhyun, I just can’t help myself.” The giant says in amusement, a full blown smile stretching across his face now.

            “Damn it all, I hate you!” Baekhyun shouts as he points a finger at him, “I really do! I really, really hate you! You make my life so miserable!”

            Chanyeol has no idea why but his heart is racing and he feels like he just needs to do it, so he wraps his hand around Baekhyun’s wrist and pulls the man in closer to him so he could lean down and quickly give him a kiss.

            What?

            Smack! Baekhyun huffs and puffs as he repeatedly hits Chanyeol everywhere all across his face and chest. Chanyeol just laughs and lets Baekhyun take his frustration out on him. He wasn’t even hitting him that hard really.

            “Baekhyun.” Chanyeol tries to say as he laughs, “Baekhyun stop. Baekhyun.”

            “Shut up you big giant. You just make me want to hate you even more.” 

            “Just calm down, Baekhyun. Did you really follow me around and stuff? Do you really like me?” Chanyeol asks the last question softly, meeting Baekhyun’s eyes.

            Baekhyun cools himself down and takes a deep breath. Well, the cats already out of the bag, so he might as well just say it.

            “Yes, I do.” Baekhyun mumbles bashfully, “I really like you.”

            “Yea? Like really, really?”

            “Yes, like really, really.”

            “Really, really, really?”

            Baekhyun sighs exaggeratingly and stomps his foot a little, “My god, Chanyeol. How many times do you want me to say it? Yes, I really, really, really like you! There are you happy, now?”

            “Yes, I most certainly am!” Kyungsoo shouts as he pops up from behind the counter where the cash register is at with his arms stretched out wide above his head happily.

            “What the…? Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun shouts, “How long have you been hiding there? This really was a set up wasn’t it! Sehun, how could you? You hid him from me!” The young barista just shrugs his shoulders. Baekhyun turns to Chanyeol, “And you! Don’t tell me you knew about this!”

            Chanyeol shakes his head, “No, I had no idea.”

            “Don’t you dare lie to me, Park Chanyeol!”

            “I swear!” Chanyeol shouts.

            “Trust me, he had no idea.” Jongin says lazily from behind his boyfriend, already smothering Kyungsoo in a bear hug.

            “Jongin, what—you’re here, too! What is the meaning of this?”

            “It was so you could finally confess.” Kyungsoo says, “I was getting tired of you always sneaking around and stuff. And god, do you know how creeping you are when you’re giggling to yourself randomly out in the open. You always forget that I’m standing right next to you when we go and hang out.”

            “Oh…” Baekhyun says dumbly, “I thought I was pretty good at hiding it.”

            “Pfft, as if.” Jongin replies getting an immediate jab to his stomach by Kyungsoo’s elbow.

            “So…” Chanyeol says he rocks back and forth on his heels completely ignoring everyone else, “About that movie night Kyungsoo wanted to do, he was going to do it at your house, right?”

            “Y-yea, he was.”

            “So, if you don’t mind, could I—uh…“

            “Would you like to come over and watch movies with us, too?”

            Chanyeol smiles with red cheeks, “Yea. I would like to.”

            Baekhyun and Chanyeol end up smiling at each other like love struck teenagers until Sehun clears his throat impatiently. Seriously, he isn’t paid enough to deal with these adults’ drama.

            “Okay, so for the last time, do you still want that strawberry shortcake or not?”

 

---

A/N:

Oh my god, what is this even? This is so terrible. This oneshot has no relevance to what I had started out with and doesn’t even go with the song quote I had planned for it, but it's finally finished, I guess. So, yea…sorry for the wait and I hope you somehow liked it. Honestly, I think I will rewrite this one in the future to make it better.  

Thank you for reading! Until next time~

<3 dububrit-on