Chapter 12

EXOTIC LOVE : The Missing Piece

“Ohh.. Im so tired,,.. can I sleep Daddy?” Tiff.

“Of course dear,.”mom replied from the frontseat. “How about you Tae?”Daddy asked. “Oh no thanks Daddy, Im okay. I want to stay awake till we get home. I miss Howler already.” yeahp. I miss Howler,  I want to feel his fur again. The thought of him cheered me up. I smiled at Dad and glanced at the windowshield. The clouds are still gray. The rain has stopped now. I watched unnie beside me, she was fast asleep. She must’ve grown tired. After all that we've been through, Who wouldnt get exhausted?.. As I watched Daddy busy driving at the wheels. I noticed something from the sidemirror. “uhm.., Daddy..” I sit straight.

“Yes Tae?”he looked at me.  “I think I saw something from behind. I think I saw a flash from behind.” I told him innocently. I saw Dad’s eyes dilated.

Then I saw him became so anxious, never been so anxious before. This time, he became so quick, his hands and attention went to the driving. i was confused. I dont know why. "Daddy, what's wrong?." I have never seen Daddy been so worried before. Dad woke mom up.

“Tae, wake your sister, were in trouble.”

                                                                          *                      *                       *                      *                      *

“Tae wake your sister.” Tiffany couldnt actually hear Youngtae’s voice but she knew she needs to get up. She’s already twelve but she understand whats happening. All of this.  She had been into all serious troubles, she a smart girl. No wonder she got all of the medals and awards during her elementary days.. She looked at her right and saw Tae trembling again, she went closer and hugged her dear sister. She can feel the tension already. Dad’s drive a lot faster than before. She looked at the sidemirror and saw a car foolwing from behind. Its Uncle Geronimo's car. She knew it of course, That face, who could ever forget his face?. Her eyes became sharp and she can see her Uncle’s devil smile forming out on his lips. Her fear changed into anger and she felt her palms curled. If only, if only..

“Oh, Youngtae, its your evil brother!” Mom shouted from the frontseat. I can see her eyes shaking and her teeth gnawing of fear. Daddy’s keeping the speed fast but Uncle’s car also went with us. I know, uncle is so expert in driving. Dad knows about that. What I am worried about is the place. They’ve past so many field and she believed that they’re on their way to Jimahjim Cliff. Which is not good. “Dad, please be careful.” I told Dad in a calm voice. “Yeah sure, thanks Tiff.” Dad became conscious and drive as fast and safe as he can. Tae curled herself up to me as she noticed the rain was pouring again.

Loud thunderclaps greeted our entrance to Jimahjim Cliff.

“Tae,please be careful now, its raining. JimahJim is the worst cliff here in town. And its so slippery.” Mom repremanded Dad and touched dad’s arms, saying that 'everythings gonna be okay.'

 “thanks honey. Whatever happens tonight. It would still be okay, as long as we are togethe-“

“Bang! Bang! Bang! 

The scene was interrupted by gunshots from behind. Taeyeon drew closer to me. “Unnie.. im scared..”as her face started to tear. “Its okay honey, were almost there.”I wiped her tears and kissed her on the forehead. I too, felt my tears dropping from my own eyes.

“Were gonna be okay. WE are gonna be o-“

                                                                                   *                      *                       *                      *                      *

Bang! bANG! 

Here it goes again, ! I wouldnt let him do it this time. I need to stops this nonsense of him. He is my brother, yes. But he seems to be crazy. He is crazy. I remember, the police station is still two kilometers ahead, at the end of this cliff. I need to do something. The road has become so slippery than before, the rain has poured itsb hardest. The winds had become so strong too. I need to lower my speed or else. This part of the cliff is so dangerous, one mistake and everything falls. Shinhae is trying to call the police. but no signal. ! not this time, please.. I still want to spend my life with my daughters. Please no..

                                                                                   *                      *                       *                      *                      *

“Oh thank God, you're here. Please help us. were in deep trouble. Someone is attacking us from behind. Someone is firing us from behind. please help us,.. Yes, were on JumahJim cliff, around 2km from your station. please hurry.!” Mom almost couldnt say her words clearly. But the sound of help is good enough to encourage us all.

“Please do hurry. Please. Were in deep trouble. please hurry.” Mom called again to make sure they’re on their way. The rain is pouring hard and winds almost had us all flewn away. Its getting so cold now. The sky is so dark, not star is visible. Tae is still trembling. I can feel her chest breathing so heavily. I looked at the sidemirror and realized that Uncle's car is almost close to us. ! I cant stop myself. This is so . I dont know what to do. Where is my wisdom know? All of it, all I learned from school, all ran away from my mind. I cant help it. So this is what they call mentalblock. . I dont know what to do. Urgh! my hands still curled. I decided to pray.

                                                                                   *                      *                       *                      *                      *

“hahahahahahahahaha.. Feel my revenge brother. You’ve taken everything away from me. Everything. Now suffer and die. HAHAhahaha..” Geronimo is a hired killer. He never gets tired of killing people. He accepts job to kill specific persons and he gets a lot of money. He is an expert when it comes to killing people, and of course, handling guns, and cars. And situations like this, he got all of the chances. He is always the master.

“I know you would do that.” as he watched Shinhae dialing on the phone. Haha pity them. I wont miss a single thing. “ill take everything from you.” While his left hand on the wheel, his right hand pointed the gun at the tires.

Hasta Lavista Baby.

 

BANG! Fwissshh...BOOM.

                                                                                   *                      *                       *                      *                      *

Wheeeww.. Wheew.. Wheew.. Wheeeew... Wheeiww, wheeieew.. sirens. cops. police cars. red lights. nurses. destroyed cars.

“MOm.. please answer me.” Everyone looked at me.  “What are you looking at?.. I want my mom..”I pleaded as I searched the place. We're inside a little tent. With all the cops and cars surrounding us. My eyes started to look for Taeyeon. But I cant see her.

“Tiffany?, is that you..?”I heard mom's voice from behind. I turned and look at her. Her face was almost filled with blood. Her arms, legs. I checked mine but I guess I just got minor bruises.

“Where is Tae..?” mom could hardly speak. Tae..?.. Tae?..

“Tae.....” im out of voice now. Im almost out of energy. Everything was lost. All. I decided to got up to look at  the whole area.. I cant see our car. Our car was red. But all I could see was all white, vans and cabs. According to what I heard from a cop nearby, our car fell at the cliff. I checked around and saw daddy on the phone. He’s talking to someone, his face is also full of blood but as I can see in his face, he’s angry, disappointed and crying. As I motioned to walk towards him, he saw me and runs towards me. He hugged me tightly. He didnt speak, he just hugged me right there. I knew something is different... I knew it was over, but I knew some parts are missing. Someone is missing. Mother also got up. Daddy stopped hugging me and went to my mother. I was left standing, still cant think clearly. I heard daddy burst into tears from behind and mom comforting him.

"Its all my fault. Its all my fault. My fault.huhuhh.." daddy cried. fault? Why?

"Where is she..? Is Taeyeon at the other tents?" my mother asked. She forced a smile. "Am I right YoungTae?.." her tears fell.

"Answer me YoungTae!" mom shouted. Dad still crying. I turned to look at them when mom stood up and walked rushfully at the tents. "Taeyeon, are you there? Taeyeon. Please dont play with me. Mommy is here.... Taeyeon?.." Everyone looked at us. i looked at mom, she wiped her tears and was about to continue her search when daddy said the words I didnt expect.

"...Shhh...Shhee.. Sh..ee. i..ss... Sshee.. iss.." Daddy's words fought with his emotions. Everything was so contagious, but I cannot.

"Wwhatt.. did you say..? Whatt did you say..?..." Mom still staring at dad, her eyes seeking for answers. Her hands were shaking. All of us, were shaking.

"Ttt-- Tae--ye--on.. Shhhee--... isss.. dd.." I can feel dad'd forced words.

"Whhhatt..? You mean dead?! How can she be dead? When she is right here,.. " Mom turned around, she saw a ambulance and ran to it ."Oh come on. taeyeon honey, please  get out of here, I know you're here.." as she opened the backdoors. All eyes on us. The nurses tried to pulled mom out but she insisted to go inside. "Tae-.. Tae.. " she went outside like a crazy woman and went to another tent. "Tae.. I know you're there..." I stood still. Still digesting everything that had happened.

Mom was about to open th next tent when Dad blew it off. "ShinHae, stop that. Taeyeon is gone!."

Mom was stiffened. She turned around and looked our way. I too, became stiff.

"Sshee.. isss go-onne..?"Then what she was preventing to flow earlier, started to drop,. 

taeyeon is gone. Taeyeon is gone. Mother walked towards us and lost her conscious. I marked everything, I pictures everything in my mind. All the happenings, all the useless police, all the ambulance that was never helpful, and the stupid people that stared at us. I pictured it all. Including us.

"All of us, full of sticky blood."

 

Its been 7 years. Seven years of sorrow. I have never thought everything ended up there. All our good memories. Everything vanished. Taeyeon vanished. Mom said, Taeyeon's still missing. Dad, too, believed that, he is still hopeful that Taeyeon is still alive. Mom visited the town a year ago but never saw any changes there. It was all the same. Everyone really thought that Taeyeon is dead. Others thought that a wild animal ate Taeyeon. I never believed in them. I almost lost hope that time but I really did saw her. Im not sure if that was her but according to my instincts, it is Taeyeon. But mom wouldnt believe me. All of them wouldnt believe me.

They thought I was just crazy, still thinking that she is still alive. A part of me says its her, but the other part says its not.

Its past 9am, I need to go to the office already. Daddy’s waiting for me. I just need to send my email to Chany. We will be having a meeting today and I guess he has a new secretary. Yuhp, she’s beautiful. Ive seen her bio already. She’s smart, a working student. Industrious. and well, so talented and good in business. Id like to meet her.

“Wait, whats her name again?. Im sure its somewhere here.”Uhg, i hate my desk, so rag. The files are scattered and well, so full of papers and stuffs.  Okay.. so where is it now?. hhmm..

 

“Oh there. Uh-hah, Choi Sooyoung. hhmm.. nice name.”