The First Addition

→You Only Have One Chance
 
The First Addition
"Welcome to the One Shots"
 
 

After the mass murder of their gang, Vasya and Sanya decided to go solo for a time. They used their knowledge and skills acquired during their time with Sukki to keep their small duo running. However, two people can never accomplish what ten can, and so the One Shots gradually faded out of the public's eye. They didn't mind so much, in fact it helped them gain important intel that brought them closer to their ultimate goal: revenge on Secret. But after a few months of petty thievery and street fights, they were forced to acknowledge their limits. You can't conquer a city with fists and a few explosives. Not in the way they wanted, at least. As a matter of fact, they had difficulty just keeping the police off their trail. And so, they sat down one night and agreed to start looking for people to recruit. The One Shots would rule this town once again. However, this decision came with a condition. The two pledged that not a single member would die while they were in charge. No one. And with that, they began their search.

One day not long after, the girls found themselves face to face with the devil herself, also known as Zinger. She was standing outside a building, pressed against the guard at the door. They were whispering to each other, the light and seductive smile that the young woman had mastered glistening across her red lips. Sanya cursed under her breath, ducking into the shadows on the opposite side of the road. That building was housing guns, lots of them, and Secret had obviously gotten to them first. But the guns no longer mattered in Sanya's mind. Vasya was far behind, following the plan of staying around the corner until Sanya took out the security guard. Vasya didn't know who was there that night. And she didn't have to. She would have called off the mission, not risking the possible repercussions of fighting them four against two. But Sanya wasn't so level headed. They hadn't had a single sighting of the rival gang since the incident, and this opportunity wasn't about to slip through her fingers.

Sanya took a deep breath, preparing herself, before breaking away from the shadows and dashing toward the doorway. The guard saw her approaching shadow out of the corner of his eye, but couldn't manage a defensive position before Sanya's kick landed on his head, knocking him out cold. She had been aiming for Zinger, but the skilled and experienced girl had shifted instinctively and avoided her attacker.

Sanya had lost the element of surprise and Zinger was now poised and ready. Though it wasn't her specialty, the latter could hold her own in a physical fight. She countered quickly, catching Sanya in the arm with a her high kick. Sanya's eyes widened in shock as pain exploded up her shoulder, making her dizzy. The combat boots her opponent was wearing weren't just for show, the toe was lined with metal. Sanya took a step back, hoping desperately that her arm wasn't broken. She scolded herself for being so careless.

Before the other could regain focus, Zinger threw a punch at her stomach, landing it right in Sanya's intestine. But that worked to Sanya's advantage. She quickly grabbed the girl's arm and twisted it around her back painfully. A loud pop echoed through the empty alleyway as her shoulder left its socket. Sanya hardly cared and yanked it harder, earning a loud scream from the injured girl.

At the feminine shriek, Vasya came running from her hiding place. Her eyes widened at the unexpected sight, charging toward the two girls. But before she could make it, Sanya felt something sharp pierce her shoulder. She turned her head to see a dart half implanted in her flesh. She gasped and fell back, releasing Zinger from her grasp. This was Secret they were dealing with, so that dart was bound to have been dipped in the most lethal poisons the gang could get their hands on. Looking up, Sanya locked eyes with Jieun, the queen of poison, leaning out a second-story window. Sanya could already feel her arm going numb as the poison took slow effect. With the adrenaline diminishing, she also became aware of the break in her right arm. "" she cursed under her breath. Vasya came speeding past, fighting off the two girls that now stood in the doorway, though Zinger was hardly in condition for combat.

Suddenly, Sanya felt a hand wrap around her arm. It was small, almost like a child's. It yanked at her, pulling her away and around the corner. Sanya knew she couldn't resist even the smallest child in her present condition, and so she didn't even struggle. She was leaned against a wall and a young girl with dark skin and messy black hair stood in front of her.

The girl yanked the needle from Sanya's arm, causing the older to wince in pain. The mysterious girl shushed her. She extracted a small pouch from her belt and removed a few leaves. She held them up to Sanya. "Eat." Figuring she would die if the poison remained much longer, it didn't seem to matter if the leaves were harmful. She couldn't get much worse. She took the leaves and chewed them, cringing at the bitter taste. As she chewed, the girl inspected her broken arm, touching it gently to find precisely where the break was. It was incredible how quickly and efficiently she braced the arm, causing hardly any pain as she worked.

Vasya suddenly raced around the corner, panting, and with panic in her eyes. Upon seeing Sanya, she let out a long sigh of relief. She hardly noticed the other girl, not viewing her as a threat and therefore ignoring her presence. She knelt beside her teammate. "Are you hurt? What about the poison, is it spreading? Let me see." See moved closer, but had no medical experience or expertise.

The dark-skinned girl finally spoke up. "She'll be okay. The leaves she ate are an antidote for all sorts of poison. Chances are it'll save her."

Sanya couldn't disagree. The feeling in her arm was already beginning to return and she finally regained her voice. "Thank you. You really saved my neck. I'm Sanya and this is Vasya. We're the current members of the gang the One Shots."

The girl seemed suddenly in awe, amazed by the status of the two in front of her. "I'm Lucy Rey." She stood up and dipped her head to the two girls, having gained a high level of respect for them. She turned to Vasya. "She's very hurt." She motioned her head to Sanya. "She probably won't be able to walk for a few days or so. I have a little house not too far from here. I can bring you there!" An excited smile lit up her features. The two gang members glanced at each other, each nodding approval. Lucy practically bounced off the ground.

As predicted, Sanya was unable to regain her feet for a solid week, recovering from the poison. During that time she remained at Lucy's house, if it could be called that. It was more like a small, well put together shack with electricity stolen from the closest house about two miles down the road. But it was no worse than what Vasya and Sanya had in the city. They were used to that sort of living and actually felt at home in it. Lucy tended to Sanya day and night while Vasya returned to defend the base. She visited often to check on Sanya, but wasn't too concerned after she saw the improvement. Besides, Lucy was more than enough to keep anyone company. She loved to talk and tell endless stories about the things she'd stolen and the danger she'd been in. She seemed to find it all incredibly exciting. Sanya had plenty to say as well and the two could sit there for hours swapping stories. The older girl began to feel almost like a parent during their talks, sometimes playfully scolding Lucy for her reckless behavior, though on the inside Sanya knew she'd have done the same. The two became close over the week. Sometimes, Sanya would wake up in the middle of the night to find Lucy curled up in a ball next to her. It was nice to meet someone so innocent and cute for a change, though it was a wonder she had survived so long on her own.

On Lucy's part, the company itself was the best thing she could have ever hoped for. She'd been so lonely since she ran away from the orphanage. These girls were nice, not to mention totally badass, and when it came time for Sanya to return to the city, she was nearly in tears. She felt loved and protected with them, and the last thing she wanted was to go back to sitting at the table alone, talking to the wall. So she approached Vasya, biting her bottom lip to keep from shaking. "Vasya I..." She choked back her fear. She knew she had to do this. "C-c-can I beapartofthegang?" Lucy looked up at the girl tentatively. Vasya gave her a confused look and then rolled her eyes, patting the girl's head.

"What are you talking about? You already are."

 
 
Co-Author's Note
Congrats to Cloudiee!!!!! We honestly adored your character. She's so cute and unique. Your app was the one that really stood out to me when I first read it cause who thinks of a young, naive, adorable, clingy girl as a member of a gang? But you made it work so perfectly I just can't even. It's beautiful. Moving on, the deadline has passed now so we starting to make our decisions. I know some people who had mentioned wanting to apply haven't done so yet, so if your app is in progress still and you want to get it in, pm me or xiao. Or better yet, just let both of us know. Anyway, let's give it up for Cloudiee and Lucy! Next character will be revealed soon!
-asuna