loves and forgiveness

Of Flaws and Imperfection

Baekhyun loves Fridays. Friday means Chanyeol can get off from work earlier and friday means he can get off early. Friday's also special because he gets to fetch his children from school and pamper them untill Monday comes. Though, he can't say he loves this Friday. His boss just told him that he had to reschedule his morning shoot with that airheaded of a model to this afternoon. Apparently said model was throwing a fit over ice cubes. ing ice cubes. Baekhyun'd love to throw those ice cubes at her. And he had to stay a bit later than usual to finish up the pictures. All in a days work of a renown photographer. He thinks he should really listen to Chanyeol about quitting his job. Then again, he loves his job too much to quit.

And apparenly Chanyeol also has to work late. Something about some big shoot customer he wants or more likely needed to impress. He hates not being able to fetch his sons from school. He and Chanyeol are already spending less and less time with Minseok and Sehun and his eldest isn't even 10 yet. He's worried that they're going to be like the bad parents that he always mocks while watching some of his soap opera. 

The grip in his wheels are getting tighter at every speed he steps on, irritation getting the best of him. He had to ask Kyungsoo to pick up his kids. Though, he thinks Sehun wouldn't mind playing a bit longer with Jongin. Looking at his clock, he sighs. His plan to cook for his family was ruined, since it's already late for him to prepare any food. It's takeout night,again. The drive to Kyungsoo's house for the most part is okay, considering there was no traffic.
Well off course there's no traffic, everyones' already home with their family, he thinks. 

His irritation was all gone when he arrives at Kyungsoo and Joonmyun's house. Walking out of his car, he sees a mop of silver hair and a mop of brown hair huddled together in the sand box. Really, Kyungsoo and Joonmyun's house was large with gardens and those breathtaking patios you'd see on magazines and also a jungle jim build for Jongin and Jongdae. They were building sand castles. Cute. 

"Hey, boys!" Baekhyun greets them. Sehun welcomes Baekhyun by clinging to his legs and a shriek of laughter escapes from the boy. Jongin beams at him and points at the castles they were building. "Uncle, look! Isn't it pretty? We made it!"

Sehun scowls at his friend and forms a frown. "It's not uncle, your suppose to call my mummy, aunt, remember? I've told you before." He whines at Jongin. Jongin crinkle his nose and walks to where Sehun was still clinging on Baekhyun. "But your mummy's a man. So, I'm suppose to call him uncle." 

Sehun retorts back by saying "But, I call him mummy, so that means you have to call him aunt Baekhyun." 

Baekhyun laughs at the boys and gives a pat to Jongin's hair. "Now, Sehun, haven't I told you before this that you're actually suppose to call me dad? And if Jongin wants to call me uncle, let him okay?"

Sehun wrinkles his nose and scowls at his mummy. Baekhyun and Chanyeol have been trying to get Sehun to call Baekhyun, 'dad' instead of 'mummy' but it was to no avail, really. Chanyeol thinks it's cute and all but Baekhyun just felt his pride was being crushed. 

"Come on. Let's get inside before your Kyungsoo appa throws a fit. It's late already." Baekhyun picks Sehun up with huff. "You're getting bigger Sehun, I can't keep carrying you if you grew bigger." he says and ruffles his son's hair with his free hand. Sehun burries his face in his dad's shoulder blade and tighten his grip on Baekhyun. A sign of protest. Baekhyun chuckles and kisses his son's hair. "I was kidding okay. I'll always carry you." Sehun's grip on Baekhyun became tighter. 

Jongin trails after the two of them and Baekhyun took Jongin's hand, swinging it along.

"Hey, Kyung!" Baekhyun greets his friend with an apologetic smile. The younger smiled back at him and leans down to kiss Jongin's forehead. 

"Hey, sorry I didn't open the door for you, I heard your car, but I was busy with this." Kyungsoo motioned to the pot of fettucini he was stirring.

"Dude, it's fine. Besides I'm no stranger to your house anyways." Baekhyun replies while making himself comfortable with Sehun still clinging on him like a koala. Jongin stares at Sehun and then turns to his dad, while holding out his arms signalling for Kyungsoo to pick him up. 

The young dad smiles and gives a kiss to his son's nose. "Sorry, kiddo. I'm still busy with the dinner. I'll play with you and your brother later okay?" The said boy pouts and just clings to his dad's jeans while mumbling something about not being loved enough. Kyungsoo laughs and ruffles his hair.

"Hey, Sehun, go and get your brother. We're already late." Baekhyun puts his youngest down and pats his bum to get him moving. 

"You're not staying for dinner?" Kyungsoo asked. 

"No, we'll just have some takeouts." Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes and was about to protest his friend when Baekhyun " And yes, I know, takeouts are greasy, they're bad for the kids, bla bla bla and bla. I'm just really lazy right now and besided I don't want to interrupt your family time. So, don't even start it okay?"

"Fine, be that way. Go and eat all those oily contiminated foof that'll make your heart go rotten and your bigger than it is."

"Well, fyi mr.nutritionist, Chanyeol happens to love that big of mine and I'm planning to make him love it more. So, yes, I'm going to stuff myself with all the noodles that they have."

"Well, you..."

"Hey, dad." A voice interupts them. Baekhyun sees Minseok with his bag and Sehun trailing after him. 

"Oh, hey Minseok." He gives a kiss on his son's forehead and smiles at him.

"Are you two done fighting?" comes another voice. A voice that laces with too much cheeriness, Jongdae.

"Cause, you know, both of your butts are big. So, no one wins." 

"Kim Jongdae! We do not talk like that to our guest!" Kyungsoo reprimands him. "And his is definitely bigger than mine" he mutters to himself.

"I heard that Kyung." Baekhyun half whispers.

"Okay, come on dad, let's go home already. Before you two ends up fighting again." Minseok pulls his dad's sleeve. 

"Okay, okay. Say goodbye to your uncle and friends first." 

 

After the goodbye hugs and kisses the Kim family bids them to their car. 

"Thanks, Kyung for picking them and sorry for making you babysit them."

"God, Baekhyun, they're like my kids too. It's cool."

Baekhyun gave them one last smile and bids his goodbye. But, then Jongdae decides to shout "Don't worry uncle, my dad's is bigger that yours. So, eat all those greasy food you want!"

And Jongdae runs inside to his house while cackling. Kyungsoo's mouth was opened and Baekhyun was laughing his heart out.

"Dude, he is so my godchild!"

"Go home, Baek!" 


Their drive to home is quiet and Baekhyun can't help to notice Minseok's been spacing out. Only staring at the car windows. Sehun's also being quiet, which is weirding Baekhyun out. Sehun is never quiet. Never in his 5 years of life has that silver haired boy been quiet. Excepts, when he sleeps. 

Baekhyun tries not think anything bad has happened to them. Was it because I said he's too big to be carried around? Baekhyun thinks to himself and mentally notes to apologise to Sehun later. Right now, his stomach is rumbling and demanding to be feed. 


When they arrive at home, Chanyeol's still not there and Baekhyun gives out a dissapointed sigh. He knows how busy Chanyeol is, being a young successful entrepreneur and all. He knows Chanyeol tends to forget the people and things around him when he's too delve in his work. 

"Daddy's not home yet?" Minseok asks as soon as they step into their apartment. 

"No. He's busy with a new client. He asked to me to give you lots and lots of hugs as an apology." Baekhyun says while putting the food on the table. 

"Oh, okay then." Minseok looks sullen and Baekhyun goes to hug his son. "You know he's busy cause he wants to buy you all the stuffs that you'd need and he's doing that so that we won't starve."

"I know, dad. I know. I'll just take a bath then eat right after." Minseok returns his dad's hug and proceeds to go to his room. Baekhyun thinks that his son is too mature for his age. He feels really guilty for not paying much attention to both of his sons.

He hears the pitter patter of small feet walking to the kitchen and looks to see Sehun sitting on his high chair at the kitchen's island. Sehun's sulking he thinks. Because usually he'll attach himself to Baekhyun and demands his attention fully. 

Baekhyun pads over to his son and gave him a light hug. "Hey I'm sorry for saying you're too big to be carried around. You know I'll always love carrying you right, Sehunnie?"

"I know. I'm not mad at you mummy. I'm just.."

"What is it?"

"Am I annoying?"

Well, Baekhyun wasn't expecting that. Sehun is prissy and likes to fuss a lot, but he never thinks his son is annoying. He knows Sehun sometimes has an attitude. He likes to think of it as a spice to his son, kinda like those expensive chocolate Chanyeol loves to eat.

"Never. You're never annoying. A brat, yes. But, never annoying." He smiles again to his son. 

"Okay."


After finishing their dinner, Minseok helps Baekhyun to clean the tables. He likes to think that he's a responsible son. Sehun's watching some cartoons in the tv room and suddenly he feels bored. Like really bored. He sighs again and again. 

His brother and dad are still cleaning up and he wants to help, but he doesn't like to clean, so, there is no way he's going to help them. He then decides to find his bunny, Mr. Fluffles. He pads to his and Minseok's room quietly while humming to twinkle twinkle little star.

He sees his bunny on top of Minseok's study table and smiles to himself. Finally reaching the table, he scans the things on the table, ignoring his bunny. He sees Minseok's homework and stares at it. Sehun's head is dizzy. Too much numbers. Sehun only knows a few numbers. His face scrunches and he decides that he hates numbers. So, he's going to make Minseok's homework pretty. He sees Minseok's colour pencils and claps triumphly. He just learned how to draw a house and he thinks that, yes, his hyung's work needs to be pretty. And so, he draws over Minseok's work.

Baekhyun laughs out loud when Minseok was telling him stories about the girls in his class were jealous of him because Luhan only plays with him. 

"I think Luhan just doesn't like the girls, dad. They're actually kinda nice."

"Well, I think Luhan just likes you."

"Dadddddddddddddd." Minseok drawls. "I told you, Luhan just doesn't like making friends with girls."

"And I'm telling you that little Lu likes you."

"Whatever, dad."

Baekhyun laughs again and sees Minseok going back to his room. 


Minseok sees Sehun sitting at his study table and smiles unkowingly. 

"Hey, what are you up to?" and before Sehun could answer him, Minseok's eyes went wide. To his horror, Sehun had doodles all over his math work and he's having mixed feelings. He can feel the tremble in his hand and narrows his eyes at Sehun.

He's fuming. The hours he spent on those work.

"Hyung, look! I made it pretty! "

"PRETTY?! THIS ISN'T PRETTY! THIS IS MY HOMEWORK SEHUN!"

Sehun flinches at his brother's outburst. "I just.."

"I DON'T CARE! SEHUN YOU RUINED EVERYTHING! YOU'RE SO ANNOYING!"

Sehun's vission is getting blurry and he manage to let out a sob.

"THIS IS RUINED! I HA..."
"Minseok!" Baekhyun manages to cut his son. And that does it. Sehun wails. He stumbles from the chair and runs from the two of them.

Sehun's wailing can be heard through the hallways. 

"Minseok, I'm very..look, we'll talk about this later."

Baekhyun goes to get Sehun. He knows from the cries that Sehun's in his and Chanyeol's room. 

As soon as he enters his room, he hears the door opening. Chanyeol. Chanyeol's home.


As soon an Chanyeol enters his apartment, he hears Sehun's cries. Really, he had a long day with demanding clients and he's hoping that when he gets home, Baekhyun will be there to make him relax. But now, with Sehun's cries, he doesn't think he can get that rest of his.

Walking through the hallways, he can also hear a muffled sob from his sons' room. Minseok, he thinks.

Peering over to the room, he sees his son curled on his bed, clucthing a book and Sehun's bunny.

"Hey there, shorstuff." He goes to Minseok and pries over his son's face. Thumbing away the tears. 

He hugs his son and rocks him a little. "Now, what's wrong? Did you and Sehun fight?"

Minseok refuses to answer, only burrying his head to his dad's chest. Chanyeol feels his shirt becoming wet. He lets Minseok cries and soon after, Sehun's cry dies. Only sniffles can be heard.

Minseok has also stop crying. "Can you tell me what's wrong now?" Chanyeol faces Minsoek to him and sees his son's eyes getting puffier and red. He wipes of the remaining tears with his thumb and Minseok's back softly. Minseok gave him the book that he's been clucthing. Chanyeol sees doodles of houses and flowers and it hits him. Sehun had drawn oh his homework. 

A sigh escapes form Chanyeol. "Look here Min, I think Sehun was just trying to make it prettier." Minseok eyes the page and scrunches his nose. "He's just trying to be helpful. And besides, he doesn't know any better." Minseok stays quiet, eyes still not leaving the book. 

"Now, be good brother and apologise to him,okay? He just did it to impress his hyung. You know how much he loves you. And you love him too, right?"

Minseok answers with a nod. "Come on, let's go to them.

The both of them walk to the room where Sehun and Baekhyun are in. Baekhyun is trying to calm Sehun down by his hair sofltly and cooing at him. 

Baekhyun sees Chanyeol with Minseok holding his husband's hand and nudges Sehun. "Look, your daddy and hyung is here."

Sehun burries his head further to Baekhyun's neck and lets out a whimper.

"Hey, there Sehuna, look, I'm home. Don't you want to greet me?"

Sehun shakes his head and his hold on Baekyun becomes tighter.

Minseok looks at his brother and felt a pang of guilt. "Sehun, hey, hyung is sorry. "

Still no responds. "Sehun, look, I brought your bunny." And with that, Sehun turns away from Baekhyun's neck to his brother. He helds out his hand to Sehun and grab Sehun's hand. Clutching it tightly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. I was just sad." 

"I'm sorry, too." Sehun finally speaks. "Forgive hyung, please?"

Sehun smiles and hugs his brother. 


"Hey, Baek, I'm sorry for comin home late."

"Really, Chanyeol, it's okay. I understand."

"I'm just, very sorry. I can't even help you with the boys and dishes and all of those.." Chanyeol's word dies down when Baekhyun kisses him.

"Just, shut up. I understand, okay? Let's just get some sleep and talk about this tomorrow can we Chanyeol?"

"Okay. I love you." Chanyeol kisses the corner of Baekhyun's mouth and proceeds to hug him.

"Yeah, love you too, yoda." 

 


hey guys, I'm back from the dead. hahahahahah, okay, not funny. I'm really sorry for abandoning this story. It's just that, a lot has happened to me and well, it's too overwhelming. 

My grandma just died three weeks ago, and she died at my house. So, my family is still mourning. 

I'm realllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sorryyyyyyyyyyyy like beyond words.SORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and sorry for the bad grammar and spelling, I wrote this while having a meeting with the debate team and I'm pissed with the secretary. It's also 1a.m right now. My eyes are about to fall.  

Do subscribe and comments. you guys can correct me and tell your ideas. bye guys.