Chapter 4

The Tree of Memories

 

As i woke up from sleeping with Kevin, i saw that he was still asleep. I started to trace his face with my eyes so i wouldn't wake him. I traced his small pouty lips that i came to love. I hugged his waist to hear his heartbeat. "It's like nothing's changed" I said quietly to not wake him.
 

Flashback


 
"Kairi lets go watch a movie afterschool?" Kevin asked while the teacher was out of the room. I smiled and replied "Sure!," The last bell of the day rung as we both smiled "Lets go to my locker first okay?" Kevin nodded and got his bag as I put my books into my bag. "Today is the day that i confess to her" thought Kevin while confidently smiling. "Kevin why are you smiling so much today?" I asked as I was opening my locker. "I'm just really excited for the movie" I nodded and closed her locker. "Here let me carry your bag" said Kevin as he carefully took the strap off my shoulder. I smiled and side hugged his waist. When they were in the theater, we picked a seat all the way in the back. I put my head on Kevin's shoulder while Kevin was diligently thinking of a way to confess to me. As the movie ended, I smiled up at Kevin. "Kairi let's go to some cool place that i found the other day!" He said happily as he dragged me to the cherry blossom tree. "Come on Kairi! We’re gonna miss it!” said Kevin as he started running into the sea of trees. “Slow down! I don’t wanna get lost” She said as I started running after Kevin. 
 
End of Flashback
 
"Kairi did you sleep well?" Asked a groggy Kevin as he softly tighten his grip on her shoulder. I nodded and looked up at him. "I'll go get us lunch. What do you want to eat?" I asked as i smiled. "I want your cooking please?" He said with the cutest pout that made me love him since day one. 
"Okay i'll go cook something and bring it over okay?" I said as i got up and grabbed my bag. As i was about to walk out i looked at Kevin and smiled weakly "Do you remember what you were going to say before your accident?" He blankly stared at me "I was going to say I lo-," he looked down and sighed "Sorry Kairi I guess i forgot but i'll try hard to remember okay?" He giggled and i waved goodbye. As i walked home, i started smiling softly. "What if he doesn't remember? Was-was he going to confess to me?" I whispered as i unlocked my door. I sighed and shook off that thought. I clapped my hands and started to make some Bimibap and kimchi for him. When i finished my phone said it was 4:30 so i took my bike over to the hospital again. When i went into his room, he fell asleep again and i giggled. I set up the food right in front of him and watched as he sniffed the air with his eyes closed. He slowly opened them and held my hand. "I missed your cooking so much!," he kissed my cheek "Thank you Kairi." I blushed and was shocked. "He kissed my cheek?" I thought as i my cheek. He ate happily so i grabbed a chair and sat next to him. I watched him eat and he stuffed his face to the point that he looked like a chipmunk. I giggled and wiped his mouth. "Kairi when you left to go cook i remember what i wanted to tell you." I looked at him, silently praying that he would confess to me. "Kairi I-" The door slammed open and i growled as i saw Kevin's ex girlfriend, Eunji. "Kevin your awake!" She kissed him on the lips and i ran out of the room. "We- we aren't meant to be right?" I cried as i fell to my knees when i ran all the way home. I just cried and cried until i heard someone calling my name. "Kiseop!" I got up and hugged him. He my hair and whispered "You ran by me in the hospital and i saw what happened. Its okay don't cry i'm here for you always" He laid his chin on my head as i sobbed into his shoulder. "When will I be able to tell you that I love you?" He thought as he closed his eyes.