Chapter 3

The Tree of Memories

 

“Kairi he’s awake.” said Soohyun as he hugged me. Hoon hugged his parents and when Soohyun let go, Kevin’s mom bear hugged me. I started crying tears of joy. Kevin woke up! I guess dreams do come true. Soohyun drove me and Hoon to go see Kevin. His parents saw him this morning so now it was our turn. Hoon, Soohyun and I made a plan. They would walk in and talk to him while I would pose as a nurse and surprise him. “Alright we all set for operation surprise Kevin?” asked Hoon. We all nodded and walked into the hospital. While Soohyun and Hoon went up to his room, I walked over to a nurse and asked for a uniform. I explained to her what it was for and she happily gave me a uniform and a face mask to help. “Thank you so much!” I exclaimed as I ran to Kevin’s room. The nurse smiled and waved at me. I knocked on the door and heard Kevin say “Come in!” I was about to cry when I walked in and saw him talking to Hoon. “Hi Mr. Woo. How are you feeling today?” I asked in a sweet voice. He smiled and I felt my heart beating rapidly. “I’m alright. I’m just a little sad cause a friend of mine hasn’t come to see me yet.” He said as he looked down and played with a stuffed bear he got. “Mr. Woo there is someone else here to see you. Would you like me to bring them in?” His eyes lit up and he said “Yes! Bring the person in please!” I giggled and took my nurse hat off then my face mask. He jumped out of the bed and ran up to me. He hugged me and spun me around. “Kairi you’re here! Kairi I missed you so much!” He put me down and I started crying. He hugged me again and let me cry into his shoulder. “Kevin I’m so glad you woke up. I missed you so much. I came here every day and would stay here with Hoon for 4 hours a day just to see if you’d wake up.” He lifted my chin up and wiped my tears away. “Well now I’m awake and we are spending the whole day tomorrow together!” I smiled and got him back into bed. He pulled me down into bed with him and we cuddled. “Just like old times Kairi” he whispered before I fell asleep in his arms.