Chapter 45

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 45

~*Dara’s POV*~

“Cut!” The director calls out while smiling, “That’s a wrap!”

I watch as the director and staffs around me applaud towards Jiyong and all the backup dancers on set after the final ‘dance party’ scene.

“Thank you for the hard work!” I hear Jiyong’s happy but exhausted voice ring throughout the studio repeating over and over again and watch him make his way off the stage.

I couldn’t help but smile at the sight of him… he looked so happy… and so proud. Finally, our eyes met and he made a straight line towards me. Before I knew it, my feet were off the ground as Jiyong took me into a tight hug and spun me around.

“Thank you for your hard work!” He says again still keeping me in the air.

“Yah! Put me down!” I try to say seriously but giggles escape me. He finally places me on my feet but keeps his hands around my waist. I look up at him and blush slightly remembering that under Jiyong’s blazer I still haven’t changed out of the little black dress I was wearing for the scene earlier. Thank god for Jiyong’s jacket.

“Thank you for being a part of my music video.” He says softly to me while smiling ear to ear. “You were really amazing…”

I can feel my blush get stronger at his praise and I look down at his chest, “Thank you… you were amazing as well…” I didn’t dare to look at him as I felt my face get hotter and hotter.

 

“Dara!” I turn to look at CL who was making her way towards me with Bom and Minzy trailing behind her. Jiyong’s arms pulled away immediately as I turned to face them surprised that they were talking to me again.

“Well, I guess that’s my cue to go.” Jiyong says just above a whisper, “See you… and let me know how it goes.” Before I can ask what he meant, he disappears towards the dressing rooms.

The three of them stop in front of me and give each other tentative looks before they all lunged towards me and engulfing me in a hug causing me to almost topple over.

“You were amazing, Dara.” CL says into my shoulder as I could feel Bom and Minzy nodding their heads. They pull away together and are all looking at me with genuine smiles on their faces.

“We’re sorry that things have been… weird lately.” Bom says apologetically, “We, including the guys, have all been a bit on edge and uncertain about things that we couldn’t get to the bottom of…” She trails off while looking down at the ground.

“But we don’t care anymore, unnie. We don’t care what happened or why you’re here.” Minzy continues for Bom while grabbing onto my hand, “After seeing you today, we understand.”

“U-Understand?” I ask slightly worried the secret was out about me being a trainee.

“You are really talented and hardworking and that is all that matters to us.” CL answered looking at me with approval, “We really saw that today and that’s all that we needed to know. Whatever is going on, you are here because you want to be.”

Warmth feels my chest at this feeling… this feeling of being trusted… and believed. I never knew how important it was until I lost it.

“Thank you guys…” I say with a huge smile on my face. They all smile and shake their heads.

“No, we’re sorry. We shouldn’t have been so hasty.” Bom says while nudging me.

“Plus, after… that night…” Minzy lowers her voice to a whisper, “Oppa is still very warm towards you… we should’ve known that meant it was all a misunderstanding.”

For the first time, I was able to smile softly back to that night in the dance studio where everything fell apart. Thinking back to it now wasn’t so bad. It was actually almost nice to see how things have already improved so much since then. To see how different it is now between Jiyong and I…

 

“What are you girls up to?” The director’s voice comes from behind us. We turn around to bow at him before CL answers.

“Nothing! Just tying up some loose ends.” She says cheerfully while giving me a quick wink.

“Ah, I see. Good, good. Well thank you for your hard work today. You were all beautiful.” The director gave us a warm smile, “If you don’t mind, could I please speak with Miss Sandara for a bit.”

The girls agreed enthusiastically before bowing and giving me pats on the back, “We’ll see you, Dara!”

I wave bye to them before turning to the director, “What is it that you’d like to speak with me about?”

He takes a look around us before nodding towards a certain direction, further away from all the people. Once he was satisfied with the security of the spot he began to speak.

“I just wanted to personally tell you that it was a great pleasure working with you today.”

My heart swooned at the compliment and I bowed repeatedly, “Thank you very much, it was an honor to work with you as well.”

“Although it was such a small part and didn’t have much to experiment and work with, I still see a great deal of talent in you. It’s not only just dancing but it seems you also have a great talent in acting.” The director is now looking at me seriously, “I’ve heard your YG trainings include acting as well right?”

At his question, I now understand why he was nervous talking at our previous spot.

“Yes, I’ve currently been focused on dancing and choreography but it seems YG sajangnim wants me to try out acting as well.”

“That’s great to hear. I’m relieved to know that a woman with your talent won’t go to waste then.” He gives me a smile, leaving me not knowing what to say at all the compliments this esteemed director was giving me.

“Actually, I wanted to ask you if it would be okay for me to request for any future projects I may have?” My mouth drops open as my brain processes the question he just asked me. He laughs at my expression but continues, “Don’t be so shocked. I believe in your capabilities and talent Miss Sandara. That’s why I am hoping you will allow me to ask for you if I find any future opportunities that will be perfect for you.”

I try to close my mouth before answering but just end up nodding my head quickly, “Y-Yes, of course. That would… that would be absolutely amazing! I would… I am extremely honored. It would be such a pleasure!” I let my mouth run off all the words and feelings producing inside of me.

“I’m glad to hear that. I will let Hyun Suk know about this of course but I’m sure he’d approve of our little agreement.” He says with a wink. “Well, thank you again Miss Sandara for your work today. I wish you the best of luck with your training and I’m sure we will meet again in the very near and bright future of yours.”

I smile widely while bowing again and again until he was no longer in my sights. My mind was jumbled and everything was a blur but the first thing that my feet took me was to go find Jiyong to tell him what just happened.

 

The whole time I looked for him, I imagined how big the smile on his face would be, the way his eyes smiled with him, the shocked but proud look in his eyes. He would probably say something obnoxious like, ‘It’s all thanks to me. Now thank me!’ or ‘See? You were so stubborn. Now you know that I’m always right!’. But no matter how annoying he was, I still wanted to hear it. I still wanted to share it with him first.

I finally spot the extremely colorful and flowery jacket that he was wearing earlier in the far distance. However, as I make my way towards him I see that he is not alone, but was speaking with a girl whom I didn’t recognize. She was quite beautiful and had sharp features that were framed by brown hair that end just below her jawbone. Her body proportions seemed to be perfect in the simple but girly blue dress she had on. I watched from afar as they laughed and smiled. They looked… comfortable with each other. An annoying pinch in my chest became more and more obvious as I stood there. For some reason my eyes wouldn’t leave them as I absorbed everything around them. The way she laughed at whatever he said, how animate he was when talking to her… the way they seemed to glow while just being in the presence of each other.

I pull Jiyong’s jacket around me tighter as if giving me a push. What are you just standing here for? Go and tell him the good news! Just as I take one step closer the sight of them embracing makes me stop in my tracks. My eyes widen and the breath leaves me as the image burns into my skull. I quickly turn myself away and head straight to the changing rooms not looking back. The annoying pinch in my chest suddenly became a hammer… or a knife… something was causing me so much pain.

Why… Why… Why… Why am I feeling like this? I close the door behind me and toss his jacket aside. The stylists come up to me excitedly while helping me with my dress and the jewelry that I still had on. I could hear the words but couldn’t make out what they meant exactly. All that was in my mind was the question: who was that girl?


 

I catch myself staring into space before I hear the knock at the door of the changing room.

“Ah! Come in!” I straighten myself up from the couch and look towards the door, but the sight of the person entering caused me to jump to my feet.

“Youngyang!” I exclaim feeling the wide grin on my face.

“Yo.” He says returning me a smile while closing the door behind him.

“What are you doing here?” I ask in disbelief realizing how long it’s been since I’ve last seen or talked to him. I noticed the bags under his eyes and that his usual bright smile was weak.

“I was coming to support Jiyong but then I heard the leading lady was you I just had to come and see it for myself. Can’t miss my best bud’s debut.” He takes a seat on the couch and completely relaxes onto it.

“How long where you here for…?” I ask hesitantly, slightly worried he might have seen me in such revealing outfits. He raises an eyebrow at me with an amused expression on his face.

“I just got here…” I let out a small sigh of relief that he notices, “Why? What are you so worried about?”

“No, nothing.” I awkwardly laugh off and try to change the subject, “So… how’s your ‘thing’ going? Is everything all right? No offense, but you look awful.”

He chuckles, “Well thanks for that.” I shrug as I wait for him to continue, “It’s good actually… a bit stressful and I haven’t been able to sleep much but I’m just anxious.”

I frown upon him having such a hard time and not knowing what it is that he’s dealing with. Then I remember that no one else does either.

“Youngbae, what’s going on? Can I really not know about what’s happening with you? It seems like no one else does either, not even Jiyong. You already told me something about it… can’t you just tell me what’s going on? Maybe I can help?”

He stares at me but smiles, “God, I missed you.”

“Yah, I’m being serious.” I nudge him and try to keep the blush off of my face.

“I know, thank you for worrying about me. I’m really touched. But please don’t worry. It’s nothing that you can help me with. I just need your support.” He says seriously. “Which reminds me, what are you doing tomorrow around… 1 ish?”

“Tomorrow…?” I take a moment to think before answering, “Well we don’t have practice until 5 PM… so I guess I’ll be at home resting? Why?”

“Good. Then wait for my text around then, okay?”

“What? Why?”

“Just wait for my text. When you get it you will know what’s been going on. Okay? I can’t tell you right now but, just wait for tomorrow. You will understand it all by tomorrow.” He grabs my hand and squeezes it. I study his face and bite my bottom lip as I try to figure out what it might be but I finally give in.

“Okay…” He smiles and gives my hand another squeeze before letting go. “Now your turn, how was it today?”

 

Hearing his question automatically builds excitement inside of me and remembered the news that I forgot thanks to mystery girl and Jiyong. My face immediately lights up and I try to figure out my words before spilling them all at once.

“I guess it went really well and it was actually a lot of fun. The director came to talk to me afterwards and knows about my training with YG.” I pause for dramatic affect as I see Youngbae’s interest peak hearing about the director, “He said that he will want to request me for future projects that he might have. He wants to work with me in the future as an actress.”

Youngbae’s jaw drops at the news but quickly takes me into a hug, “That’s amazing Dara! Oh god. That’s really great! You know he’s one of the best directors in the industry don’t you?”

I nod, “Yeah, Jiyong told me.” I pull away from our hug and look at him, “It’s actually because of him that this all worked out so well...”

Youngbae smiles softly at me, “It’s because of you too Dara, You are talented and you work hard. It’s not a surprise that all of this is falling in place now.”

I grin at him and his words that I felt couldn’t be truer. Everything was falling into place and things were finally working out.

 

“C’mon.” Youngbae says while standing up and holding out his hand to me. “Let me take you out to celebrate, my treat.” I laugh and slap his hand away before standing up myself, “I never thought you’d ask. By the way, I’m starving so I’m not holding back.”

He rolls his eyes as he puts his hands in his pockets, “Fine. Fine. I’ll be able to handle it.” I grab my bag and sling it over my shoulder as I follow Youngbae out the door. Unconsciously, I find myself looking around the studio for any signs of Jiyong or the mystery girl but have no luck. But what I do notice is Sohee, whose back was facing me as she walked in the opposite direction.

Isn’t their changing rooms on the other side of the set?

But I shrug away the thought as I make my way towards the exit with Youngbae not knowing how significant her presence there really was.

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Here's update :D
Hope you guys will enjoy this chapter~
Dara is being awesome
Youngbae is back for now
Jiyong...
Who do you guys think the mystery girl is?
Should Dara be worried?
And what do you think Sohee was doing around Dara's changing room?

Loving the comments and all the subscribers, you guys are the best.
I love you all, please keep commenting!
You guys have no idea how much I love reading what you guys have to say!
Thank you all! Enjoy~

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*