Just Another Day

We Are One

 

Just Another Day


“Yah, Sica! Wake up! You have a photo shoot in a couple hours and they need to you to get to the studio!”

 

Jessica grunted as she was shoved onto her back.

 

I’ll use force.” The voice huffed. Sica didn’t respond. ‘Alright, Sica, what do you prefer? Water or oil?” Jessica’s eyes shot open as she sat straight up. “There you go!” Jessica’s eyes finally focused as she looked up at her best friend.

 

Oh, hey, Yuri.” Jessica sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

 

You okay? I came to bring you some food earlier but you were asleep then too. Having a good dream?”

 

Well, it wasn’t a bad a dream. Ugh, but now I’m hungry and I have to leave. “

 

"Well, hurry up and shower while I make you a quick snack, ok?"

 

Yuri just watched as Jessica grabbed some clothes and made her way to the bathroom. 'That girl, goes through too much.' Standing, she made her way to the kitchen nearly running over Tiffany as she turned the corner. Her eyes widened. "Omo, what are you doing here?! I thought you weren't supposed to be back for another hour!"

 

Tiffany was taken aback. "Our morning photoshoot didn't last as long as expected and our last interview wasn't too long either. What? You didn't miss me?" The red head gave the girl in front of her a nudge in the side, pushing her into the wall and smirked.

 

Yuri simply raised her eyebrows. "I'm assuming, according to your actions, that

Manager-oppa isn't with you." Yuri let out a small gasp as Tiffany leaned in, her warm breath on Yuri's neck.

 

"No, he's not.Why? Is Jessica still here?" Tiffany placed a light kiss on Yuri's neck just below her ear. " Your perfume smells really nice."

"That's great, but if he's not here. It probably means he's going to check to see if she's at the studio. Which she isn't. Because I let her sleep for an extra hour." Yuri sighed and moved away from Tiffany. " I also have to make her some food so that no one has to feel the 'Wrath of Sica' later today." Tiffany just turned and interlocked arms with the black pearl.

 

"Well, I can help you make a quick lunch to-go then."

 

 

 

 

Jessica wiped the fog off the mirror in the bathroom and glared at her reflection. Not only did it take her, what seemed like, forever to fall asleep, her, not so unrealistic, dream made it very difficult to actually rest. She ran through her damp hair and let out a sigh. "Why do you torture yourself, Sica?" A knock at the bathroom door brought the exhausted girl back to reality. "Sorry, I'm almost ready. Did you need something, Yur-"

 

"Oh, sorry." Taeyeon gave an awkward smile. She wasn't expecting Jessica to still be here. Let alone in the bathroom, with nothing but a towel on. God must hate her. " I was wanting to take a bath. I didnt' realize anyone was actually in there. You were really quiet."

 

Jessica stared blankly at the girl in front of her.

 

"Sica, are you okay? You don't look to well." Taeyeon stepped forward and rested the back of her hand on Jessica's forehead. "Omo, do you realize you have a fever? Did you tell Manager-oppa? You shouldn't have stayed in the dorm last night. You should've gone home to rest in your bed. Jessica? Are you hearing me?"

 

"Yea, I'm okay. You can have the bathroom. I'm finished." Jessica mumbled as she made her way past Taeyeon and started walking back to the room. She really didn't think she could handle seeing Taeyeon today. Not with the constant dreams of the past filling her mind. Life was getting a bit too ridiculous.

 

"Damn, I really don't feel well." Jessica groaned as she leaned against the beauty desk just by the door. "Maybe I should start taking something to force me to sleep."

 

"Is there something in particular bothering you lately, Unnie?"

 

Jessica jumped gripping her towel at her chest. "God, Seohyun. Why is everyone sneaking up on me lately?"

 

"Sorry, I was going to my room when Tayeon-unnie asked me to bring these to you. Apparently you left your clothes in the bathroom?" The maknae placed the items on the desk. "Of course, she had to walk past your room to get to mine. I wonder why she didn't just bring them to you." Jessica just nodded. "Do you need to talk, Unnie? You seem bothered."

 

"No, I'm fine. I'm just not feeling to well is all. I'll be fine after I eat."

 

"Ah." Seohyun nodded and gave Jessica a warm smile. "Make sure you rest well tonight."

 

"I will." With that, Jessica shut and locked the door behind Seohyun. "If I can stopped thinking of a certain midget." She changed into her clothes rather slowly, not wanting to use too much energy. She really hoped her photoshoot wasn't going to be a long one. Hopefully she just had to lean against a wall or chair or something. Maybe even just sit on the floor. Yes, that would be nice. She didn't really think she could do much else. Her energy was gone. Maybe she was more sick than she thought. She just let the thought pass as she made her way to the kitchen and took a seat at the table.

 

"Hey, Sica. I made you a ham sandwhich!" Tiffany smiled as she set the plate in front of her American friend. Her smile fading as she got a good look at her. " Eat up, ok?" Jessica nodded and took a bite of the sandwich. Tiffany's frown remained as she walked back to Yuri and whispered, "I thought you said she was starving?"

 

Yuri's eyes followed Tiffany's gaze to the table. Jessica had taken a bite, but then put the sandwich down and rested her head in her palms. "She was earlier. She hasn't eaten anything today."

 

"She hasn't eaten anything? I talked to her this morning in the hall and she was about to have breakfast. She never got anything?"

 

"Not that I know of. Manager-oppa had her in there all day. When I went to take her food earlier she was rolling around in her sleep. I couldn't wake her up for anything." Yuri walked over to the table, Tiffany following close behind. "Sica-ah, are you sure you can go to the photo shoot? Maybe we should call Manager-Oppa and tell him you're sick."

 

"No, I'll be okay." Jessica pushed herself up using the table for balance. She was suddenly feeling dizzy.

 

"Sica?" Yuri and Tiffany both took a step closer as Jessica wobbled a little after letting go of the table.

 

"I'm really ok." Jessica mumbled as she turned and colapsed in Taeyeon's arms.

 

"Sica? Sica?!" Taeyeon shook the girl lightly and gently placed her on her lap on the floor. Glaring at the two still standing paralyzed in place. "Fany, call an ambulance!Yuri, call Manager-oppa! It's not like this has never happened before!" The two girls just nodded and got their phones out doing as told. Taeyeon's attention going back to the motionless girl in her lap. Her breathing was definitely faster than normal, but at least she was still breathing. "It's okay, Sica. Your Taengoo is here."

 

 

 

"Where is she? Where's my daughter?"

 

Taeyeon groaned inwardly as she heard Jessica's mother make her way closer to the room. Why did she stay here. She should've left before anything could happen. Her gaze going back to the resting girl. Hospitals were never a fun place to be and Taeyeon couldn't bring her self to leave Jessica alone. She couldn't leave if she wanted to. Jessica was here and needed her. Even though she wasn't awake to say so, the grip Jessica had on her wrist was a good indication. Still, Taeyeon unwrapped the girls fingers from the hold and stepped back, leaning against the wall at the foot of the bed.

 

"Jessica? Jessica?" Jessica's mother froze as she entered the room her daughter had been assaigned. Taeyeon was not the first person she expected to see. Her worried gaze became that of a glare. "Why are you here?"

 

"She colapsed in my arms. I just made sure she was safe." Taeyeon stated blankly making sure to hide any emotion. Watching as the woman ignored her response and sat next to her daughter gripping her hand. "She had a fever. I told her to get some rest but she insisted she was okay. When I we-"

 

"That's all. The doctor's will tell me everything I need to know. You may leave."

 

Taeyeon clenched her teeth and glared at the back of the woman's head. "Of course." Jessica's mother didn't even have the decency to look at her.

 

"Also," Mrs. Jung's voice pausing Taeyeon at the door, "there are seven other girls who are able to watch after my daughter. Don't come here again." Taeyeon glanced back at Jessica one more time and then made her way back to the dorm. At least she would get taken care of.