4- How fate is formed (Part 1)

Fate

A/N: Pardon my weirdness on the chapter title... Also, I feel the need to apologize for my lateness, really late, to readers out there who's looking forward to my story... Really sorry! 

Enjoy though! ><

Kyuhyun paused, and tried hard to swallow the green tea that was inside his mouth after he heard what Jiyoon said.
 
"... What?! Jeon Jiyoon, you'd better not be fooling around..." He warned, about to tackle her.
 
"I am serious!!! I read it somewhere online..." She raised a hand to defend herself just in case Kyuhyun planned to do something.
 
He rose an eyebrow comically, "... I'll have to find that out myself..." 
 
She smiled, "But I think drinking small amounts is okay. It is helpful to your body as well."
 
"I don't want to risk killing my , I want children of my own." 
 
"Whatever whatever, just telling ya."
 
The two of them left the cafe after a while and Kyuhyun, being nice, decided to send her off to her own house. 
 
But however, Jiyoon hesitated. She did not wish for her mother to see that she was hanging out with her so-called 'frenemy'. 
 
"Why? You're 17, and we are not exactly on a date." Kyuhyun said.
 
"She assumes! And I can never change her mind! Please Kyuhyun!"
 
"Alright, only if you promise me to do something."
 
"... Oh no."
 
"Oh yes, Jeon Ji."
 
"Did you have to call me that? This is so embarrassing."
 
"Well, it is a cute name. So yeah. Anyway, I was about to say...... Join & play Starcraft with me." 
 
"Why?! Don't you have friends there playing with you?" 
 
"I do..."
 
"Then why do you need me to play for? Anyways, I'll be a newbie who knows nuts about it. It will be more of a burden. I don't get you, really."
 
"Just play. Otherwise, I'll fetch you home with your mom noticing." He smirked.
 
Jiyoon frowned. "Fine, fine, I'll check it out..."
 
"Text me if you have joined and if you are playing."
 
"Yeah, yeah sure. I just hope that you would not blackmail me again."
 
He just shrugged. "You just won't know what will happen in the future."
 
"Are you trying to say that you will most likely blackmail me sometime later?" She glared.
 
"I didn't~"
 
------------
 
The two went their separate ways, with Kyuhyun keeping his promise and Jiyoon keeping her own promise too. 
 
However, Kyuhyun's heart would not relax. He was afraid something might happen to Jiyoon, perhaps fate would do something to her, like to him. He did not want his survivor, and 'frenemy' to suffer. 
 
So... He stalked her home just to make sure she is safe. 
 
Even though it was not that late, (since it is only 8PM), his heart would not rest assured. 
 
She was still a girl, after all, even though she always dressed up so tomboyish. He knows that she has a girly side of her. Every girl does, actually. 
 
Kyuhyun swiftly hides behind objects just in case she notice or turn around. 
 
'She seemed cold...' He observed. 
 
As if she could read his mind, immediately, she took out her jacket from her bag to warm herself. 
 
'Wow. That's new.' He thought. 'She's so independent...'
 
He was glad she was safe when she crossed the road to her house. That was when he walked home when he decided that she's good on her own. 
----------------
Jiyoon stepped into her own house, feeling a little lonely. 
 
"Mom? I'm back..." She called out.
 
"How was your hanging out with your friend?" 
 
"Fine... We just ate Macs, and then going to a cafe to eat dessert." 
 
"Oh... Okay." 
 
"Did you eat dinner?" Jiyoon asked. "And where's Jisoo?" 
 
"Must be up there playing. Don't really know." 
 
Jiyoon then nodded, and headed upstairs to find him. 
 
"Help me with something." She said, intruding his room without knocking.
 
"Yah, that was rude." He said.
 
"Are you not used to it? You should have locked the door." She said, and gave a tiny smile.
 
He sighed. He love his sister no matter what kind of mistakes that annoys him. 
 
"What kind of help do you need?"
 
"... Help me download Starcraft..." She muttered, but he heard it all.
--------------
 
The next day at school...
 
"How was your date with Kyu oppa?" Gayoon asked, the moment she saw Jiyoon.
 
She groaned mentally in her mind. Her two best friends are so concerned over her love life, and there is nothing that she can do to escape questions targeting at her. 
 
"Fine..."
 
"So?? Did he requested you to be his girlfriend?!" Jihyun asked excitedly. 
 
"No! What the hell! We were going out as friends! Friends solely!" 
 
The two giggled, Jiyoon just kept her straight face. 
 
"Okay okay! We get it!" Gayoon said. She did not want to suffer Jiyoon's physical wrath as she did before, and it was not nice at all. 
 
"I'll go to my class. See you guys after school!"
 
"Bye NamJi!" 
 
"Bye!" 
 
-----
 
"Hey." Kyuhyun approached Jiyoon during their recess. 
 
The usual four looked up at him. 
 
"What are you doing here?"
 
"You didn't keep your promise." 
 
"Promise?" Gayoon immediately cut through. Doojoon and Junhyung both perked up their ears to hear clearer on what is actually going on.
 
"What promise?" Doojoon asked Jiyoon.
 
"... You... I'll talk to you on the phone, okay?" 
 
"Why? You broke your promise!"
 
"I already downloaded it!"
 
"Oh okay, good! Play it after school! Message me!" He said, and walked off. 
 
The rest looked at Jiyoon intensely, expecting an answer from her.
 
"Download what? You have not reply me yet!" Doojoon said.
 
"Starcraft..." 
 
"Oh wow, why didn't you tell us? We could've helped you in that game. How did Kyuhyun even get you to play? What kind of promise is that anyway?" Doojoon bombarded her with questions. 
 
"He was persistent on sending me home after we ate, but I refused because I didn't want mom to misunderstand anything. And so we made a fair deal... Well... Sort of..." 
 
"Jiyoonie, you should probably eat your words now. Last time, I recalled you saying that Starcraft and such!" Gayoon said.
 
"Yah yah, that's like 3 years ago! They have updated and changed so much already!" 
 
"Woah, woah, seems like someone has already gotten the hang of the game already!" Doojoon teased further.
 
"You two will be the death of me..."
---------
 
Junhyung has always been the quiet type. And this time, he is even more quiet because of Jiyoon. And also Kyuhyun. The two of them getting closer each second ticks him off each second too.
 
'What's so good about Starcraft? It is not even the best game... It only made onto the gaming charts a year ago... DotA was a lot better...' Junhyung thought and sneered mentally. 
 
"You okay? You are really quiet these days." Doojoon whispered. 
 
"I'm fine, do not worry about me. I'm just being myself." He patted his best friend's shoulder and gave him a tiny smile to prove his words. 
 
Doojoon, however squinted his eyes at him. "Yeah yeah. I wouldn't be asking you if you were being yourself, y'know." 
 
"You know me so well, bestie. Gotta say I'm proud of you." 
 
Doojoon just smirked. 
 
"Hey.." Doojoon said.
 
"??"
 
"Wanna play Starcraft too?" 
 
"No! That game's for losers. It . Literally." Junhyung said.
 
"Are you trying to call Jiyoon a loser?" 
 
"She is an exception, she had a deal. I still don't know how the hell did that Kyu even threatened her. Her mom is not that fierce or anything..."
 
"Maybe she doesn't want anyone to misunderstand." 
 
"If she doesn't want anyone to misunderstand, she wouldn't have gone out with him." 
 
"Look, look, Junnie. Your tone is getting a little heated up here, you might want to tone down a little. You musn't get angry over such little things!" Doojoon frowned the moment he heard him. Then patted his back hard. "Okay?"
 
Junhyung turned back to the whiteboard and just nodded. 
-----------
"Come on, let's go out to the ramen store eat lunch." Jihyun said immediately once she saw her group of besties.
 
"Alright alright." Gayoon said. 
 
~
 
"Sighs... I really miss you people... I mean, we get to see each other every day, but its just that... In class, I just missed you guys so badly..." 
 
"The way you sound. Did someone bully you?" Gayoon asked, putting her hand on top of hers just in case she needed comfort. 
 
"No no no. Everyone is treating me fine there but its just that, I miss you guys, get my point?" 
 
Everyone nodded once, thinking that she's sick.
 
"You people are so emotionless! Ah wells, but now I am here with you people, I'm really glad!"
 
"By the way... Have you thought of the dance people?" Gayoon asked. 
 
They shook their head, while Doojoon and Junhyung's eyes were traveling to the food, waiting to be served. 
 
"Let's tug in first before we talk about the dance!" Doojoon said. 
-----------
 
They were nearly late, but thankfully they were not reprimanded. 
 
"About the dance competition... Those who are involved shall go to a corner to discuss about it. But please do take the initiative to practice or discuss when not during the curriculum hours." Ms Hae, one of their instructors and teacher-in-charge said. "The group wins will get a certificate of the dance competition, it'll do good for your future, well somehow. If you are interested in the dancing industry, that is. Or you may take it as a backup plan." 
 
"Such a good advisor." Doojoon whispered to his best friend. 
 
"I know right." Junhyung whispered back. 
 
"Let's go you slow pokes." Gayoon said and dragged Doojoon, while Junhyung was busy smiling at him.
 
"Here, your own personal dance room. It may be small, but take full use of it." Mrs Jang said. 
 
"Thank you." The six of them bowed, this time, including Donghae.
 
"I trust that you people will do your job. Now good luck with what you are working on!" 
 
"Thank you!" They said and bowed.
 
"Okay let's take out our devices now!" Doojoon said. "Search whatever that you people feel like dancing!" 
 
"BEAST's Fiction!" Jiyoon said.
 
"4Minute's HUH!" Gayoon said.
 
"BTOB's Insane, or Father." Junhyung said.
 
"SHINee's Dream Girl!" Donghae said.
 
"Umm... Guess I'll pick 4Minute's What's Your Name?" Jihyun said. 
 
"Shall pick BEAST's Fiction too..." Doojoon said.
 
"This is screwed. How are we going to pick the song like this?" Junhyung said.
 
"Anyone willing to give up theirs to choose one of the choice? Or does anyone want to debate to persuade us to choose your song?" Doojoon asked.
 
"I think we should choose the song that I pick because both girls and guys can dance to this song well. Also, the lyrics are very cool." Jiyoon said.
 
"That was what I thought too." Doojoon nodded. 
 
In the end, they decided to choose BEAST's Fiction, however, Gayoon was not confident of the dance after they showed the video. 
 
"Don't worry, you'll do fine! You have us!" Doojoon assured.
 
"You know I'm a er in this... But yeah sure whatever." 
 
"You're not mad right?" Doojoon asked.
 
"Nope, just a little tensed to be honest." 
 
"We will definitely teach you till you master in it!" Jihyun said while Jiyoon patted her back and nodded. 
 
"Thanks guys... I will try my best!" 
 
They made several plans and tried to stick to practicing on Sundays and also any 2 days on a weekday.
------------
 
When Jiyoon reached home, she was exhausted. She said her greetings to the people that is at home and went straight to her room. 
 
Once she laid in bed, her phone rang.
 
"Kyuhyun" was on her screen.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Go on the computer now and play Starcraft with me."
 
"Dude, I just reached home! Have more heart will you?" 
 
"Then let's meet up if you're not..."
 
"Why? No one to go out with?"
 
"No... I just want to see you." 
 
Jiyoon blushed a little when she heard that. 
 
"You are so honest."
 
"So is that a yes?"
 
"No. I didn't say that. Let me rest..."
 
"Another alternative is that I go to your house." 
 
"That's a bigger no! My mom is at home!" 
 
"You are really afraid of your mom are you?" 
 
"Not that... I just... Didn't want anyone to misunderstand anything..."
 
"Can't we tell her that we are really friends? Close friends?"
 
"We are just close after that incident, well so-called. Do you think I can be able to convince her that easily?" 
 
"True... Ah wells... If you are ever playing Starcraft, call or message me, okay? I'll be on my phone, but mostly on my computer. Bye!"
 
"Bye......" 
 
'Perhaps I would play after I wash up and rest for a while... He will wait... That was what he said...'
-----------