2- How fate started between the two of them

Fate

The next day in school, almost everyone was talking about how the Super Junior's maknae got into a car accident.

Super Junior was one of the popular clique in Pildeu High School. Kyuhyun was definitely in it and he was the youngest in the clique. 

Jiyoon felt kind of sad for Kyuhyun and the people who cared so much for him. 

Jiyoon walked over to her locker and took out some books that she needed, when suddenly Gayoon and Jihyun; her very best friends, back-hugged her and ruffled her hair.

"Hey, morning." The two of them greeted.

"Morning." Jiyoon responded.

Jiyoon, Gayoon and Jihyun were best friends ever since childhood. Although Jihyun as not in the same class as the both of them, they still get along very well. The three of them attended the same after-school activity; Dance.

"So what happened yesterday? I want the details since you group-messaged us yesterday!" Jihyun asked.

"It was really scary, not a joke. There was blood everywhere on his body! And his leg was twisted... He had to do some major operation and I stayed till his parents came and we talked for a while."

"Do you have any idea on when he will be discharged?" Gayoon asked.

"Nope, I wasn't there when the doctor finished operating him."

"Ah wells, by the way, do you have any idea where those two fellas are? I can't get them on their phones." Jihyun complained.

"Don't know, perhaps they might be late." Gayoon answered.

"Let's just go first, we are going to be late for class if we plan to wait for them." Jiyoon said.

"Well okay, see you guys at break." Jihyun said and left.

"Bye unnie, have fun and see you there too!" 

Jiyoon and Gayoon then linked arms and walked to class happily.

"Jiyoon-ah... After school... Are you going for Dance?" Gayoon asked.

"Yeah, I'm free today. Are you?"

"Yeah, since you are going."

The two of them smiled at each other and went into the class.

The class had 28 people in it but it is always chaotic. Even the other classes that had 40 students in it was not that noisy. 

However, when Jiyoon and Gayoon went inside the class, it was pretty silent.

Even more surprising, the Super Junior clique were not doing anything much. Everyone was doing their own stuff.

"They must be upset because of their maknae." Jiyoon whispered to Gayoon.

Gayoon just smiled; with a teeny bit of anxiousness on her face and they just headed to their seats.

When class was about to start, the two fellas came in and got reprimanded by the teacher. It was quite funny actually as they hardly cared about what the teacher was saying. 

Once the two of them were seated, Gayoon turned behind. "Late again. Why." She started.

Yoon Doojoon, one of their best friends, and the fellas that they were talking about earlier on raised his eyebrows and responded. "Is that a question, or a statement?"

"Both actually. I am interested to know."

"Well I am going to blame this fella beside me! I tried ringing his doorbell and tried to get him to wake up but ended up being as late as him." Doojoon pointed to his bestie, Yong Junhyung. He was still sleepy, with his eyes half close, his head hung down.

"Yah, wake up, Yongie. Stop sleeping, Mrs. Chae is not going to be pleased." Doojoon shook him vigorously to wake him up.

"Aigoo... Okay okay, I'm awake..."

-----

Right after school, the five of them, including Jihyun, met up and went for lunch before going to Dance.

While they were having lunch, the Super Junior clique, excluding their maknae, of course, came over to the five of them. 

Their so-called leader, Leeteuk, started to speak. "Jiyoon... Jeon... Right?"

Jiyoon was a little tense. With so many people coming up to you and basically staring at you, something must be wrong. "I am, why do you call?"

"You were there during Kyuhyun's car accident right?"

Yeah, was just a passerby."

"Do you know who, or know the car plate number of the car that hit our maknae?" Eunhyuk asked.

"No... Not at all. I was busy looking at my phone, I did not notice anything at all until I heard some crashing sound. But I am certain that the car is black in colour."

"Ahh... Do you know anyone else that witnessed it?"

"... No... There was no one else at all..."

"Okay, well thanks." And they walked away, but Donghae started to call out to Jihyun. "Jihyun-ah, pair you up during Dance later?" He asked aloud, with everyone around.

Jihyun blushed, but nodded her head happily.

Once they were completely out of sight, Gayoon started to ask.

"Jihyunnie you cheeky fella. Since when you were so close to Donghae, hmm?"

"Ahh... Long story short. I met him during the weekends when we had Dance. There was limited people and I paired up with him." Jihyun shyly answered. "Anyway, you guys decided to ditch me last practice so I had no choice!"

While Gayoon and Jihyun talked about Donghae, Doojoon and Junhyung looked a little concern for Jiyoon. Jiyoon was also stoned. 

"Jiyoon, I don't feel like telling this to you, but I know I have to. I have this slight feeling that you are going to be called in for witness as for Kyuhyun's case..." Doojoon said.

"Don't scare me. You know how I hate laws."

Doojoon shrugged. "Anyway, you'd better be prepared..."

When the time was up, they went straight to the Dance room. The instructors introduced this competition that was held by the school. 

"Creative dance performance... So do you want to be in it?" Jihyun asked the rest of her friends.

"I would like to, but I at Dance. You know me." Gayoon said

"We will teach you... Have more faith in yourself." Doojoon said.

"Yeah, besides, you're with us, nothing will go wrong. We will have so much fun." Jihyun convinced.

"Okay okay, before you guys go any further." Gayoon gave up immediately.

"Let's sign up then! The five of us!" Jihyun said and went straight to the teacher. 

However, when she was about to approach the teacher, Donghae pulled her to a side.

"You joining the competition?" He asked.

"Yeah... You too?" 

"Could I join your group?"

"I am not very sure if my friends would mind or not... But I think they are fine with it." Jihyun smiled. 

"I am glad." Donghae smiled back.

When Jihyun got back to her seat, she saw Donghae together with the guys, busy chatting with one another. For now, Donghae did not look like he was part of the Super Junior clique, but just a normal person that did not belong in any clique. 

Jihyun was happy, for that. She was glad that he could be their friends, and hers too.

-----

3 Days later... In the hospital...

Kyuhyun was surprised at his surroundings once he woke up. He was in the hospital, thinking that he would never wake up again.

That accident was a horrible past mistake for him. He swore to himself never to use his phone or earpiece while crossing the road.

Even though the countless reminders he got from the school, the students failed to listen. Well, some of them at least. Kyuhyun thought that a deserted road would not do much and thinking that no car would pass.

He was lucky having to survive.

Kyuhyun looked over to his right. His mother was there, sleeping.

He unconsciously reached out to his mother and caressed her thick hair. He knew he had not been the best son and often gave his mom problems.

"Umma..."

Neumji stirred and began to wake up. She was so, so, so happy to see her son alive and talking to her.

"Kyuhyun-ah! Oh, my son! I was so worried for you!" Neumji cried out and began to hug her son.

"Umma, I am so sorry. But don't worry, I am alive."

"You should be thanking Jiyoon for saving you in time! Why on Earth... You should not have touched your phone while crossing the road, pabo! Silly!"

"Wait, Jiyoon?"

"Yes, the one from your class. You should be thankful. While crossing the deserted road, she was the only person there! The driver did not care for you and drove off! That heartless bastard!"

"Oh... I see..."

"I am going to call for the doctor, you wait here and don't move about!"

"Yes umma."

Kyuhyun was left alone with his thoughts. 'I was surprised that she would do that. But then again, she was not so heartless. I should do something for her.' He smiled to himself, so grateful that he got his life back.

-----

A week after Kyuhyun's discharge... and back to school for him...

The Super Junior clique was so hyped up that they went to the school gate just to accompany him. Everyone was also glad that the maknae was back. 

"Oh my gosh, Kyuhyun's injury looks so serious!" Jihyun started once she reached Jiyoon's locker just to meet her best friends.

"Serve him right." Jiyoon mummered. "He was the one using his phone while crossing the road..."

"What was that?" Gayoon asked.

"Nothing." Jiyoon smiled and began to close her locker. "Anyway, I am glad that he recovered." 

When she was about to turn around and head to her classroom, she observed that Kyuhyun was jogging towards her.

"Jeon Jiyoon." He started calling by her full name.

"Cho Kyuhyun. Wish you well recovery on your leg. I think you already recovered well since you can jog so well." She deadpanned.

"Jiyoon-ah, you shouldn't be so rude to your sunbae." Kyuhyun said.

"I don't consider that as rude... Anyway, what do you want?" 

"Since you saved my life, I figured that I should do something for you."

Meanwhile, Jihyun and Gayoon are busy giggling. They noticed Kyuhyun's glances at them and left, but of course, they did not entirely left the place. They were hidding at a corner to listen to their conversation. 

"Hah, nah, it is okay. For all I might know I might be involved in something weird and I don't think I will appreciate it. Anyway, just make sure that you don't get into an accident again... It's scary..." 

"Wow, I'm so glad that someone's caring for me! I am sooooooo happy." He might sound sarcastic, but in his heart, he's actually pretty glad.

Jiyoon rolled her eyes at him. 

"Anyway, tomorrow, dinner, at 5?"

"Fine."

"I will pick you up, I'll give you my number. Text me your address."

"There's not a need to pick me up."

"I insist!"

"Fine then, I like wasting your energy anyway." Jiyoon smirked, about to leave for her lesson.

"What a nice way to say thank you." Kyuhyun said sarcastically, but followed her to class too, together with Jiyoon's two besties, giggling like crazy.

-----