How fate build up their friendship

Fate

Jiyoon and Kyuhyun's relationship was very unique. Sometimes, they can hate each other, sometimes, they can be total opposites. They can like each other, being as friends. It is very complicated. People just forget about them and just think that they could not get along with each other well.

-----

"I heard you are going for dinner with Kyu-sunbae." Jihyun said while Gayoon nodded.

"Yeah, you definitely heard. Yes we are." She rolled her eyes and continued munching her food.

"Wow, to say his thanks to you for saving his life? I wonder what kind of dinner will that be... Also, I wonder if you two will survive. You two just keep fighting with each other." Doojoon joked. 

Jihyun laughed a bit but Gayoon just smiled and hit Doojoon softly. Jiyoon just smiled as well, her friends were being silly as usual.

Junhyung was all quiet as usual, however, this time he looked sad as well.

They stopped laughing and Jihyun pointed at Junhyung who was busy stoning and daydreaming.

Doojoon decided to take the initiative since he was his best friend after all.

"Junhyung-ah... You alright? What happened?" He asked.

Junhyung snapped out of his daze and stared at Doojoon for a while as if he did something wrong. "Ah, yes, I am fine... Just tired..."

Doojoon decided to leave that for now. He is obviously sad, you could tell from his expression. When he's tired, he would have that different expression. Knowing him that he will not tell him what is going on, he decided to approach him later. 

~

School ended at 2. Doojoon decided to pull Junhyung in a corner just to talk to him.

"Yah yah, what happened? Tell me honestly."

"Nothing happened. I told you, I was just tired."

"Junhyung-ah... You have to understand. You are just like a book, your face is the content inside the book. You are just so damn read-able to me. Now tell me. I am your friend, surely you do not trust me."

"... Stop bothering me." And Junhyung began to speed up his walking.

Doojoon was shocked that he rejected him, even more, trying to walk away from him. He sped up his speed too and caught up with him. He wanted answers, but decided to ask later. They were walking on the same road anyways since they are just neighbours.

When Junhyung was about to open his door with his keys, he turned around. 

"Doojoon, hyung, I am so sorry about just now."

Doojoon blinked, but let him continue.

"Yes, I admit I was really upset about something."

Doojoon just smiled. "Want to talk about it?"

Junhyung nodded. The two of them strolled to the nearby bench. "The reason why I was upset was... because of..." He sighed. "Jiyoon."

"Jiyoon? What about her? What did she do?"

"After she announced that she is having dinner with Kyuhyun, I began so upset, so jealous, so... pain. I tried to hide it, hyung... But I guess you just see through me. Hyung-ah... I... I... I'm afraid... I think I'm in love with a friend... I hate to ruin friendships you know... And she's actually one of my closest friend. This is not healthy right? Tell me this is not healthy."

"Look Junhyung. I am just going to say this. It is perfectly fine for you to fall in love with a friend, a good friend, a best friend. Yes, at times, you feel upset but could not do anything about it. But why the hell did you not tell me in the first place?"

"I wasn't even sure of my feelings... I mean... She's so beautiful, so special... So perfect..." 

"Okay stop before you go any further. I do know what you mean."

"You do? You really do?" Junhyung paused and examine his face. "Hyung-ah, you better tell me something I don't know too. I've shared with you, it's your turn."

"... I shall... I guess it's fair?" He heaved a deep breath and started. "... I like... Gayoon."

Junhyung did not look surprise, but was taken aback by his straightforwardness. 

"I am not new to this, but I thought you would beat about the bush to tell me straight to the point."

"Not new to this...? What do you mean? Since when did you get the idea of me liking Gayoon?"

"I mean, hyung, you are just so damn read-able too." Junhyung smirked. "Anyway, the way you look at her is so obvious."

"..................."

"Come on, I wanted you to confess that you like her too."

"Alright, alright. Now let's stop talking about me. Let's talk about you. You, should do something about Jiyoon before Kyuhyun snatches her heart away. Kyuhyun has the looks, and also tatics. Who knows whar he's going to do next? But you gain an advantage. Jiyoon and Kyuhyun's relationship is kind of screwed in some way... I always see them fighting. Or arguing. Or ... debating. But you are her friend. One of the closest friend in fact. You should do something about it." 

"Okay okay..."

-----

Jiyoon just picked a simple outfit. Skinny jeans, a shirt, a denim jacket and black converse shoes. She took her belongings together with her bag and waited for Kyuhyun to pick her up since he willingly offered.

5:25PM, she was already all ready. She started playing with her phone, and right on the dot where her phone stated 5:30PM, she left her house, closing her door and turning around, only to be surprised to see him right in front of her.

"What the hell---" She cursed as she jumped a little. He was too damn close and she thought that it was some .

"What? Scared? I thought you never will be scared." He smirked. 

"Shut up, I wasn't scared. You just shocked me. And that is different." 

He chuckled, but leaded the way. 

"Soo... Where are we going?'

He was dressed up casually as well. Jeans, plain tee-shirt, and brown converse shoes. The two of them looked so different from their uniforms in school. 

"Somewhere. That will just surprise you."

The two of them continued walking, with the awkwardness in between them, well until that is when Kyuhyun started saying something.

"Jiyoon-ah..."

"??"

"I... am really grateful of you saving my life in time when there's no one else on that deserted road... Thank you." He said without looking at her, but on his shoes as they kept walking.

"Not a problem. This is what anybody should do."

"I knew you wouldn't be that heartless." He smirked.

"So glad you knew that." She rolled her eyes in return.

They walked a little more until they reached their destination.

Jiyoon was gaping when she saw what he was going to treat her.

"... Macdonalds?"

"Yeah, why?"

"... Eh, well nothing I guess."

The two of them sat down, but Kyuhyun went to order for the two of them instead. This Macs had a few people in it, she was actually surprised. Normally, Macs would be full of people because of it's popularity. But then again, the location here is also quite deserted.

"Here. I ordered a chicken burger set for you."

"My favorite, thanks!" She said. 

She was still a little bit surprised that he was going to treat her Macdonalds, but she assumed that it was fine. It was nothing much anyway.

"So... what activity were you in? I didn't know you much so might as well, you know, find out more."

"Dance. You?" 

"Interesting... I'm in the Media club."

"Makes sense since you are such a computer addict."

He smiled. "The holidays are coming up, for about a month... What are you planning to do?"

"Is this some kind of interview because I seem like I am in one?"

"Nah, I was just curious, and also bored."

Jiyoon took his coke and began drinking it.

"Yah, you never ask!" 

"Jeez, it's just a little sip. You had to order green tea for me."

"Wow you weirdo. Most girls in our school love green tea so much. And here you like coke instead. Wait, is coke your favorite drink or something?"

"Yes you pabo. Green tea tastes disgusting to me." She pushed the green tea to him and drank his coke instead.

"Fine, fine, since you saved me. Did you know what my favorite drink is?"

"... Coke?"

"Nah, actually hot chocolate."

"Hot chocolate? Ha ha, man, you are such a baby."

"Baby? So drinking coke makes you a man?"

"I did not say that!"

"But it was so direct!"

"Whatever!"

The two of them continued conversing until it was nearing 7 when they decided to leave Macs.

"Hey... Do you want to go somewhere?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Where again? Stop the suspense and tell."

"Somewhere nice." He assures, taking Jiyoon's hands and walking fast to a cafe.

"Here? But... It is so expensive!" Jiyoon whispered.

"Am I paying or are you paying? Stop complaining you sound worse than my mom." He forced Jiyoon to sit on the chair and gave her that expression, telling her to stay like a good girl while he went to order.

~

"What is this stuff?" Jiyoon observed, taking the plastic cup. It was light green, and looking quite tasty. 

"Green Tea Pudding with Caramel drink. It seemed so interesting and it was on offer so... yeah!" 

"Green tea again?"

"My second favorite drink is actually green tea okay." He said.(A/N: LET'S JUST PRETEND HERE!) "Here, wanna try?" He offered Jiyoon and Jiyoon sipped it. 

"Mmm.. Nice. By the way, Kyu-ah."

"What?"

"Did you know... Green tea actually kills your ?"

-------------