I.

, Politics and Everything in Between

 

 

 

“Have you ever done this before?”
 
“What? ing a e? No.”
 
“No, idiot... ing a male e.” 
 
“Oh. No, not really.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
Saturday morning, the first week of the month of February. Lightly, snowflakes fell on the brims of the windows -- and Wu Yifan’s eyes were falling just the same. The weight of his head rested on his palm, hair naturally hiding his closed, calm eyes from the sight of his father. 
 
His mind was already far away somewhere, a smile on his face at the images of a pretty brunette, with long, long legs... he could almost place his hands on the woman’s hips. God, women were so attractive. HIs own long legs were rather lifeless on the couch, his body dozing off as the a couple of the words from his father’s lips entered his right ear, then went out the other. 
 
“...and I told one of the members of house about the new legislative bill you proposed on the floor -- he was astonished at all sections of it. Kept on blabbering about how much his own ideas seemed be of influence... this was after I told him that you had read his book on foreign policy, of course. He actually wanted me to ask if he could meet up with you tonight, to discuss over some things he had questions about. This is a great opportunity... -- are you listening to me, Yifan?”
 
The annoyed tones associated with his name immediately spurred him out of sweet slumber, as his eyes sparked open, staring up at his own father. What had he just said? Ah, something about a member of the house... “What’s his name?” 
 
“Jihoon Kim. He’s been a member of the house ever since he was only 29. He’s looking forward to meeting you, because of your young age. And also the fact that you’re my son. I told him you’re aspiring to become a major political figure on the hill, and of course, who else to go to bit Jihoon himself?”

“And what time did he want to meet?”
 
“I arranged a table for him and you at the Stargate Restaurant for tonight at 8PM. I cancelled the one interview you had so you can make it. I notified your mother of it as well -- you will be there, Yifan.”
 
“Yes, father.” 
 
 
 
 
 
There was that feeling again. That sinking, horrible feeling at the pit of his stomach that he had forgotten something. Or perhaps he was just hungry, when had he eaten last? Confusion was on his face as Yifan walked through the halls of the White House, formally greeting each and every person that passed by, no matter whom they were. Afterall, the first important factor in being a member of politics was the greeting. How you say hello, might be the reason for your seat in power.
 
“Good morning, Mr. Wu.” God, how much he hated when he was called that. He felt like a 50 year old congressman.
 
“Morning.” He simply responded with a signature smile, adjusting his suit jacket. No matter how many times he wore this -- no matter how much it had almost become one with him, suits were also so damn uncomfortable. His fingers roamed over to his tie as well, loosening it a bit as he pushed at the door, immediately breathing in the natural air that wasn’t filled with the stench of politics and masks. And as if on queue, his cell phone immediately buzzed in his pocket.
 
“Yifan speaking.”
 
Wufan speaking~” 
 
“Don’t tease me, Jongin.” He grumbled into the phone at the mimicking of his voice on the other line, having known too well who it was even before having picked up.
 
“Can’t help it. You’re not busy right?”
 
“I’m terribly busy, that’s why I’m taking your call, of course.”
 
A sneer was heard from the other line. “Jackass. Anyway... as you asked, I’m reminding you about Amber’s birthday party’s tonight. It starts at 6PM, so you should probably get to the shop sooner or later. We could really use a tall freak for the wall deco anyway.” 
 
Nope, he wasn’t hungry. Amber’s birthday party -- of course he had forgotten. “....” He hissed into the speaker of the phone, his hand immediately traveling into his hair in frustration.
 
“...don’t tell me you made plans.” 
 
“I didn’t, my father just -- .”
 
“We’ve had this planned for over five months, Kris, I don’t care what your oh-so-important father planned, you have to be there. You know how much Amber --”
 
“I know, I know.” 
 
“You’re going to be there.”
 
“I’ll try my best, Jongin.”
 
“You’re. Going. To. Be. There.”