Day 2

From the Abyss

 

Day 2 —Tell about a character who lost something important to him/her.

Ontae

Word Count - 430


 

 

Jinki clicked the mouse to stop the music, his mouth agape as his mind raced through memories like a flip book.  Where had all the time gone?  It felt like only days ago he was sitting on the roof of the practice building with his little Taeminnie, practicing their vocal scales together.  When had Taemin grown up?  When had Taemin become such a strong vocalist?  When had Taeminne become Taemin?  Oh Lord now he was getting all weepy about it too.

It was just his luck that Taemin happened to get home in the middle of his breakdown, finding him curled up on the couch, demolishing a box of tissues.

 

“Hyung!  Oh my god, what’s wrong?  Did someone die?” Taemin screeched, his face sheer panic.

 

“Just my little Taeminnie,” Jinki blubbered, reaching for another tissue.

 

“What?  I’m right here…” the confusion was clear in his tone.  

 

“Just… you’re all grown up now,” Jinki tried to explain.

 

“What?”

 

“Ugh… the fans posted this mash-up of you singing to show how much you have improved and grown as a singer, and you have.  We don’t tell you that enough.  I think since we see you every day and listen to your that we don’t really notice it as much?  But we should.  And we have!  I guess we just get too wrapped up in life or whatever and forget to tell you.  You have worked so hard for us, for SHINee and you have improved so much over the years and we are all so ing proud of you and I need you to know that, okay?  And just… I started thinking about how we used to be when we were younger and how much you have changed as a person and just… ,” Jinki reached for the tissues again, getting all choked up just thinking about it.  

 

“Ummm… thanks?  But why are you crying?” Taemin asked, still completely confused.

 

“I’m having a moment, god ing damn it, Taemin,” Jinki groaned.

 

“Alright, alright.  But I already know you guys are proud of me.  You don’t have to drown the couch cushions,” Taemin responded, giving Jinki a dutiful pat on the arm.

 

“You’re such an ungrateful little , you know that?  That’s another way that you have changed.  You were such a nice, polite kid.  Now look at you!” Jinki threw a pillow at him before grabbing the younger boy and pulling him into a crushing hug despite his words.  Taemin, god bless him, didn’t make a word of protest or teasing, only hugging Jinki back with a sigh.  

 

 


 

Idk man... I listened to this and my mind created this.  Poor Jinki losing his Taeminnie... let me snuggle you bb.