If Only

When I Was Your Man

"Oh come on," Lu Han rolled his eyes, "don't tell me you still don't have the courage to see her."

Well, thanks for stating the obvious, Jongin said in his mind.

He sighed, "Call me loser or whatever that pleases you. She's not here anyway..."

"Yet," Lu Han gave him a look.

He put his earphones on and ignored Lu Han, who wasn't planning to stop talking to him. Mentally, he thanked himself for bringing those little friends. 

"Yah," Lu Han said as he yanked the earplugs off of his ears which earned a glare that he carelessly ignored from the owner, "tell me one good reason why I shouldn't push you to approach her."

Jongin went silent. 

He didn't know, actually. He was nearing to collapse to the ground when he knew that she'd come to the party as well. Therefore, he had to be dragged by Lu Han all the way there. 

"See?" Lu Han scoffed, "Don't be a wimp, Jongin. I thought you said that whenever you have the chance you'd never miss it. And you said that you missed her that when the time comes, you'd run to hug and ki-"

Jongin stuffed a bun into that Chinese's mouth so that he would stop.

He sighed, "I'll be outside. Tell me when you're done flirting with..." He side glanced the girls who were fawning over his bestfriend from a far, "them."

With that, he walked away, leaving his friend who was trying hard to gulp the big lump of bread in his throat.

Lu Han shook his head, "Still the selfish, flooded with ego, brainless Jong-"

"Hyung?"

He immediately titled his head upon hearing that familiar voice, "Sehun...?"

"IT'S YOU!" Sehun ran to attack his long lost bestfriend with a breathtaking hug, "I MISSED YOU!"

Chuckling, he pat the younger's back as he hugged him back, "You think I didn't? Heck, where have you been? I couldn't contact your numerous numbers and you haven't once been online on Skype!" He pulled away from the hug and frowned at him, "How dare you?!"

Sehun was loss at words, "H- hyung, I didn't mean to. I was... I was busy studying and the schedule of dance practices were really packed and-"

Lu Han laughed, stopping Sehun's explanation at instant, "GOTCHA!"

Sehun blinked, "Wh- what?"

Lu Han shook his head and slung an arm around Sehun's shoulder, "Still don't get it, huh? It's okay. I expected that anyway."

Sehun just enjoyed being dragged to the table of foods and drinks. He never got mad at his favorite hyung no matter how annoying he could get.

"How long have you been staying here?" Lu Han asked, "How come you didn't tell me earlier?"

Sehun widened his eyes, "I just came this morning, hyung! I was planning to contact you tonight."

"Liar," there Lu Han began teasing him again.

Sehun's mouth gaped open and was ready to defend himself when he realized Lu Han's expression. Oh no, you can't fool me this time, hyung. "You... You're teasing me, right? I won't be tricked this time! I'm all grown up now that I won't fall into your guilt trip!" Sehun scoffed.

Lu Han's eyes widened, "Whoa, whoa. Why are you suddenly acting all grumpy towards your hyung? Am I no longer your favorite hyung? Or do you have a girlfriend now that you can yell at me for all you care like that because I'm no longer important to you?" 

Sehun went silent. At the mention of girlfriend, he blushed. 

Lu Han caught that, "Oh man, it's the latter, isn't it?"

Slowly, a big grin plastered on his face.

"YAH!" Lu Han smacked his arm playfully, "How come you have one when I don't?! You said you won't have a girlfriend at least not when I'm still single!" He shook his head with a disappointed expression, "I can't believe you, Oh Sehun!"

"Hyung! Don't be mad at me, pleaseeee!" Sehun pouted and tugged the end of Lu Han's shirt, "I- I really like this girl and she's so kiiind, so caring, and she really was a big help since I don't speak English fluently. Oh, right, she's also a Korean." He smiled dreamily as he described his new girlfriend, "a very, very, beautiful Korean," then he turned to face Lu Han who was gaping at him in disbelieve, "Hyung! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to boast over her or whatever but please don't be mad at me! I heard he also has an older sister... Or was it a cousin... Anyway, maybe I can set you both on a date. What do you say, hm? Forgive me, okay? Pleaseee!" Sehun pleaded.

"Sehun," Lu Han spoke and he stopped all the begging and looked at him, anticipating. 

Lu Han titled his head and a proud smile appeared on his face. More like a grin actually. "Hyung?" Sehun asked. 

Lu Han laughed, "I can't believe you fell for that!"

Sehun blinked again, "Huh?"

Lu Han sighed, "Okay, you won't get it anyway," then he exploded, "CONGRATULATION, SEHUN AH!!! YOU REALLY MAKE ME PROUD! IT WAS REALLY WORTH IT TO WAIL OVER YOU AT THE AIRPORT TWO YEARS AGO! NOW YOU'RE BACK LIKE A GENTLEMAN!" He trapped his head under his arm and ruffled his fluffly hair.

Sehun glanced around as he felt people's stares at them. Internally, he smacked Lu Han to the ground and pretended he didn't know the maniac. But he was just too nice for that.

"Uh, hyung," Sehun uneasily chuckled, "thank you but people are staring, you know. Besides, I'm sure you don't want those girls run away and leave you dateless tonight, right...?"

Lu Han stopped himself, repaired himself and sat down quietly again. His cheeks turned crimson as he heard the girls' giggles from a far. 

Sehun laughed. Lu Han tried to play it cool and paid his attention to the topic again, "So, where's this girlfriend of yours now? Is she coming?"

"Actually, yes," Sehun smiled, "now will you excuse me, because she said she couldn't make it here and got lost with her two friends, also from the States and have never been here since they were 10 or something."

Sehun left with a phone on his ear.

Lu Han left alone once again. Deeply, he absorbed what Sehun just said about his new girlfriend. Chuckling alone, he thought for himself. Damn, first Jongin, now Sehun. For how long you'll drop that single status from you, Lu Han?

He wandered around, talking to some people that he knew, which included almost everyone.

He was in the middle talking to the party's host, Tao, a cute Chinese who's currently studying at the same university as him, when he spotted some people entered the room.

Could it be...

His eyes widened and his breath twitched. He saw Sehun along with three other people. Unfortunately, one of them was the main idea of the night for someone.

"No, this can't be happening," he mumbled. Tao got curious, "Huh? What's wrong, gege?"

"I gotta meet someone, Tao. I'll be right back," he said and Tao nodded.

Just when he was about to reach the door where the person he was after heading, there came another figure that just turned the atmosphere for some tense.

, Lu Han cursed inside his mind. He couldn't do anything, besides watching from behind.

He just prayed that one particular person wouldn't break that night. Just, not that night.

"Kai?" 

Jongin looked up and froze. No, not now. He hadn't prepared. He wasn't prepared.

She came closer and she brightened, "It's really you!"

He just stood there like a statue, watching the person he had been dying to see, right in front of him.

"You... You're really here..." He squeaked in a low husky voice of him, to earn a chuckle from her.

"Yeah, I'm here!" She laughed before squinted her eyes, "You... You still remember me, don't you? Or you're now clueless what my name is-"

"Krystal," he said, not leaving her eyes for a second, "Soojung. Jung Soojung."

Soojung blinked before chuckled awkwardly, "Y- yah, why are you being so... formal... saying all of my names..."

He, in the other hand, didn't find that formal or whatever she called it, at all. In fact, he found it normal. It was normal.

"Soojung," he said in a low voice. Despite the loud music that covered his voice, Soojung could understand what he said. She looked at him, waiting.

 

 

 

"I missed you."

Soojung's eyes widened. "J- Jongin..." She trailed off.

"I miss you," he repeated again.

Instead of feeling afraid of rejections that he might get, he felt relieved. After all the time he had been aching to say it to her face, he finally managed to say it, clearly, now.

What he didn't expect, was her answer.

 

"I missed you too," she smiled, "I missed you too, Jongin." 

They stared at each other before he came closer and enveloped his arms around her small body. He buried his face on her hair and inhaled her scent. 

She was still wearing the same perfume like the last time he embraced her. Moreover, she still had this effect on Jongin whenever she's around. She was still able to make his heart beats, 10 times faster, whenever they touch. He smiled as he closed his eyes, cherishing every second. 

She is still the same.

 

Soojung could just helplessly let him hug her. She was clueless of what to do. She let him.

 

She let him just that night, at that moment.

She smiled before hugged him back, "Jongin..."

If only, that day didn't happen. I might be the happiest girl on earth for being back to his embrace, for the existence of this guy, and for the feeling to be back to your one and only.

 

Because, we would still be together.


Lack of kaistal, huh? Wait for the next update, okay? :)