Chp 4. Persuasion and Reluctance

Let's Forget the Past

 

~=-*-=~ I can't belive it TTvTT I actually have 29 subbies Q.Q I luv you all <3


 

      "Will you please, please, PLEASE continue teaching?"

     "No."

     "But Dae-"

     "Junhong is there."

     "But..."

     "Precisely. I do not want to see him, or anyone else from my school. Ever." He immediately thought of Youngjae. They saw each other on most weekends but never really had a proper conversation, so Daehyun didn't count it as 'seeing' Youngjae, since they had no contact whatsoever.

     "But Dae, it's your old school! Of course you're going to see familiar people there!"

     "Well, I didn't see Teukkie there. The principle became some really messy and unorganized guy. He knows the kids are rude but doesn't even care!"

     Yoochun stood up abruptly and walked over to the door. "Daehyun. I'm threatening you." Then the door shut and a soft, almost non-existant click was heard. It took Daehyun awhile to process what was going on, and when he did,

     "No! Yoochun! Don't leave me in here to die! At least give me food every hour!" Daehyun cried out desperately at the thought of being unfed.

     He started staring at the door, expecting laser beams to shoot out of his eyes and melt the metal lock like Bolt did, but his concentration was disrupted when a small slip of paper was pushed under the door.

     'Daehyun. School. Tomorrow. Or I'm going to hire one of your students to spy on you.  Sincerely, Yoochun'

     "I DON'T WANT TO GO SCHOOL!"

~=-*-=~

 

     "Junhong, Jongup oppa! The phone is ringing!" Jooyeon yelled, enjoying the sound of her voice echoing around the thin walled house.

     A series of thuds were heard as Junhong sprinted down the staircase, almost tripping on the last step. Jooyeon giggled and Junhong pouted at her.

     "Haha! Beat you Junhong! It's 3:1 now!" Jongup cheered as he reached over to the phone and picked it up. The day had been rather uneventful and boring so the two boys decided to play a game of 'Who Could Answer The Phone First'. Jooyeon would be the referee and announced loudly whenever the phone rang.

 

     The first match was won by a soapy handed Jongup who was halfway doing the dishes. It was some salesman guy.

     The second was also won by Jongup because he locked Junhong in the living room while they were playing games against each other. The call turned out to be someone asking for adoption.

     They were so busy celebrating (by jumping around and racing around the spacious house) that when it rang for the third time, only Junhong's ears were sharp enough to pick it up.

     The latest was Jongup again because Junhong used his precious last few seconds to pout at a laughing Jooyeon.

 

     "Hello welcome to the Rainbow and Unicorn House! How may I help you?" Jongup asked with a bright voice, sending a victorious grin in Junhong's direction.

     "Jonguppie! It's Yoochun. Could you do me a favour?"

     "Oh hello hyung. Of course! What do you need me to do?"

     "Keep an eye over that weird guy you saw in my house the other day for me. He's teaching at the same school at Junhong, and I'm just worried he'd be lonely."

     Jongup spaced out for a few moments, trying to recall who that 'weird guy' was. "Oh that guy who was wearing all black?"

     Yoochun gave a small chuckle. "Yeah, that guy."

     "No problem Yoochun hyung! I'll ask Junhong to take care of him!"

     "Thank you Jonguppie!"

     And then the line went dead.

 

     Junhong stared quizzically at Jongup. "Take care of who?"

 

     And then Jongup realized that he himself didn't know 'that weird guy's name either. Nor did he know how to explain to Junhong what he looked like.

     "Whoops." He smiled sheepishly.

     "Hyung..." Junhong said slowly, putting on that 'did-you-do-something-wrong-again' face. He might’ve been an entire year younger than the latter, but he could definitely tell who the mature one out of the two was.

     "I don't know his name- AH!" Jongup squeaked when Junhong made a grab for him.

     Jooyeon laughed again as she watched the two older boys chase each other around the house before skipping back to her room upstairs.

 

     Her room was neater than most of the others, as expected, since she was newest to this place. She enjoyed the view from her window. It overlooked the field that the kids usually played in during their free time. Jooyeon preferred dancing over ball sports so she spent more time with Jongup and Junhong than most of the others did.

 

     "What's... this?" She made a grab for the small folded piece of paper which she found near the window. It had messily scribbled Korean hangul on it and she couldn't make out what it said because it was so faded. She debated in her mind between telling Junhong oppa, and keeping it a secret. After all, everyone had a secret or two of their own, and right now, she didn't really have any.

~=-*-=~

     Daehyun found himself back at the club again. It was unusual for him to visit it more than once a month. Sitting in his usual secluded corner, he took another sip out of the bottle in his hand, surprised to find it finished. He hummed as he set the empty bottle down on the floor.

     Dancing. More like jumping and flinging one’s hair and arms all over the place. Most of the people were probably drunk. As the door opened again, Daehyun peered through the mass of people and sighed when it wasn't the usual two blondes.

     It was strange. Daehyun assumed they were regulars because they were always here he was. He wondered if he should ask the bartender. Daehyun really didn't want to seem like a stalker but his mind just told him to go on with it.

 

     Swaying slightly as he got up, he steadied himself against the wall. The room seemed to sway slightly for a few seconds. Slowly navigating himself through the crowd, he reached the bar and plopped himself on a high seat. The bartender was always the same but today, there was one extra server.

     "Sehun-ah! Hurry up!"

     "Okay."

     Daehyun watched them rush around and mix up drinks for the multitude before finally raising his hand.

     "Yes sir?"

     Daehyun winced at the greeting. Too bad he got the newbie bartender. He doubted the lean looking brunette knew much about the blonde dancers since this was the first time Daehyun saw him here. And he looked underage too, but who was he to judge when the usual bartender was a 22 year old baby-face?

     "I wanna ask the other guy something about some customers." He made a random gesture with his hand.

     Sehun looked at him and answered in a slow, cautious voice. "That's invasion of priva-"

     "Sehun get over here!"

     Sehun used it as excuse and ran off in the direction that the voice came from, avoiding accidentally offending someone and the usual bartender came over to help Daehyun instead.

     "Oh it's you! What can I get you this time?" The honey blonde asked, wiping a glass with a clean cloth. (The glass wasn't even dirty; he just wanted to look cool.)

     "Do you know about those two blonde dancers that usually come when I do?"

     The bartender nodded, "What about them?"

     "How often do they come?"

     The corner of the bartender’s lips tugged up in a small smirk, but quickly disguised it as a smile and changed the topic, "What can I get you?"

     Daehyun groaned when he didn’t get the answer he wanted.

     "The usual."

~=-*-=~

     "'Kay! Club's closing! Go home! Bye bye!" Sehun yelled over the music to the considerably smaller crowd. The last few left with a drunken giggle and flagged down a taxi, going home with their friends.

 

     They were just about to lock up the place when they saw a sleeping Daehyun in the corner. It was a corner the lights in the club that didn't usually reach the spot Daehyun was at, and he was wearing an all black outfit complimented by his face mask, making him look all the more unnoticeable.

     Sehun looked at Luhan, silently asking what to do.

 

    Luhan dropped the keys on the bar counter and walked over to the sleeping man, hoisting him by the arms. "Help me Sehun. This guy knocked himself out and he's alone."

     "How do you know he's alone?"

     "He always comes by himself."

     "So how do we get him home?" It's not like they were going to leave unconscious, drunk people in their precious club. Sehun knew the two of them couldn’t carry the man all the way back to their shared apartment, and the taxi driver definitely wouldn’t allow a drunken person in their car.

     "Check his phone?" Sehun suggested, walking over and helping Luhan with the limp body.

     "I think he knows Junhong and Jongup, should we just call them?"

     "Well, it’s better than leaving him here." Sehun sighed, pulling out his phone and dailling Junhong's number.

 

     "Yes hyung?"

     "Help us take care of this drunken guy who admires your dancing."

     "... Alright. I’ll be there in ten."

~=-*-=~

    And so that was how Daehyun ended up in the orphanage. Not as another kid who would call it home, but the result of Jongup being to kind to leave anyone out on the streets. Junhong gave up his bed so Jongup could watch over him, in case he woke up in the middle of the night and freaked out, and went to sleep with Jooyeon instead.

 

     "So, he still hasn't woken up." Jongup looked at Junhong blankly the next morning He was currently sitting on his own single bed, located opposite Junhong's. The layout of the room reminded him of a hotel.

     "Let's just get him home."

     It was kind of like their side job, since Jongup and Junhong knew Luhan and Sehun from the previous orphanage owner. They just let drunken people stay the night (away from their precious kids) and sent them home the next day.

     "We don't even know his name." Junhong pointed out.

     "Speed dial?"

     Junhong felt through Daehyun's pockets and pulled out a phone, calling whoever he called last.

 

     "H-hello?" Junhong stuttered through the phone.

     "Yes? Who is this? Daehyun?"

     "U-umm…the owner of this phone- Daehyun was it? He got drunk and is currently staying in our... orphanage."

     "What? How in the world did he end up there?"

     "We’re friends with the owners of the club he was at, and help them out occasionally." Junhong then gave him their address and put the phone back in Daehyun pocket.

 

     "Junhonggie. This guy isn't even drunk. He's just sleeping." Jongup said as soon as Junhong put the phone down. He poked the sleeping mans cheek repeatedly, not stopping until his hand was batted away.

     Junhong watched his hyung disturb the eldest. He was certain that the sleeping man was Jung Daehyun. THE Jung Daehyun they both knew in school, but did Jongup know that?

     "Daehyun." he muttered softly. His hyung really hadn't changed much at all. He looked paler in Junhong's opinion but Junhong hadn't seen him in ages anyway. Maybe Daehyun had always been this sun deprived.

     Jongup froze. "Daehyun?"

     "It's his name." Junhong smiled, before running down to get the door as Jooyeon shouted the arrival of their visitor.

 

     "Hel-" Junhong’s eyes widened and his voice suddenly got stuck in his throat when he opened the door. On the other side was a person he never expected to see again.

     "Junhong," He nodded, "Is Daehyun alright?" Said blonde visitor asked. He was surprisingly calm even though Junhong's heart rate had sped up by a billion beats.

 

 

     "Youngjae hyung."'

 

 


     ~=-*Rikku A/N-=~                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I
I renamed the chapters :3 Thankyouforfollowingthisfic
Almostat30subbiesOmgiloveyouall (Because I never expected anymore than 5 subs ^^)