#o1

101 Reasons to Live

 

1. Favorite color

Weirdly enough, I like the color pink too, just like Suzy does. The way I see it – or rather, think it – in hell, there is only the color red and in heaven there is only white. So think about it, you have a favorite color, don’t you? Wouldn’t you want to see it until your time has really really really ran out? I don’t know about you, but that’s a good reason to live for the meantime.


 

“You’re lying,” she accused.

Myungsoo scoffed.

“Stop doing that!” Suzy exclaimed.

He looked at her questioningly and asked, “Doing what?”

Suzy glared at him. “Stop scoffing!”

He chortled and nodded. “Okay fine, but know that I’m not lying to you. If you come down from that ledge, I’ll tell you all 101 reasons.”

She closed her eyes and wondered if this was some sort of sign from God. Perhaps the world telling her that she shouldn’t jump; she shouldn’t – didn’t have to – die today. Someday, but not today. Maybe this Myungsoo guy was an angel sent from heaven, she thought. Even though, he was the one urging her to jump a few minutes ago.  Opening her eyes, she turned to the boy behind her. It was quite dark, and Suzy couldn’t see most of Myungsoo’s features. But she knew very well that she was looking him directly in the eyes. That was all that mattered.

“Well, are you going down or not?” Myungsoo asked.

This time, Suzy was the one who scoffed. “Tell me one right now, and if I find that it’s a good reason, I’ll come down.”

Myungsoo grinned. “Pink!” he then shouted.

Pink?” Suzy repeated.

“You like the color pink, don’t you?” Myungsoo questioned. Then, he immediately added: “I can tell you do. If you die now, you’ll never see the color pink again. I’m sure wherever you’ll be going – the afterlife, or whatever – has no pink.”

She looked at him strangely. How would he know she liked pink? She wanted to ask him that; instead, she kept mum. A few minutes later, she giggled. “I guess that makes sense, Myungsoo.”

“Of course it does, it came from my brain!”

Suzy’s lip was graced with a smile. It felt good to smile, especially after a long time. Pink was sort of a good reason to live, she supposed. And what was wrong with indulging this strange yet interesting boy? Pink, she supposed could be a reason to live another day. So, slowly and carefully, she stepped down the ledge and wiped the remaining tears in her eyes.

Myungsoo stepped closer and extended his hands, “It’s nice to officially meet you, Suzy. Let’s live for pink, shall we?”

Suzy nodded and shook his hands. “1 down, 100 more to go, Myungsoo.”