#o3

101 Reasons to Live

 

3. Coffee and Tea

 For me, yes, coffee and tea is a reason to live. I am not saying it should be for you too, but if you are feeling cold and empty, and you want to remember warm memories, coffee and tea somewhat helps.


 

 

The following day, Suzy woke up before Myungsoo. She did not know if it was because she was excited to see what would happen the next day or because she was afraid these would all be a dream. When she looked out the velvet curtained windows, the skies were still dark and the streets were still empty and silent. Myungsoo had offered to let her sleep on his bed while he took the couch. It wasn’t big, Myungsoo’s house. It was a one storey bungalow with little furniture and plenty of floor-to-ceiling windows. On the walls were few hanged framed photos of Myungsoo and his parents. Then she wondered where they were. Perhaps she would ask when he woke up.

A few minutes later, Myungsoo woke up. His hair went in all directions; yet, he looked stunningly attractive to Suzy. The thought of Myungsoo being an angel sent from above popped up, but she shook it off when Myungsoo caught her staring.

“Is something wrong?” he asked.

Suzy shook her head rapidly and looked away embarrassed.

Myungsoo gave her a low chuckle before yawning and stretching. “You’re up real early; I’ll make breakfast, you go ahead and use the bathroom first. In the meantime, you can use my cousin’s clothes if you like. There in the room left of the bathroom.”

She nodded as a response and headed towards the bathroom to take a quick shower.


 

“I had a feeling you would choose that floral sundress,” Myungsoo said as he took a bite off his toasted bread, followed by a grin. “Come, sit. There’s toasted bread, baked beans and scrambled eggs.”

Suzy smiled. “Yum,” she responded. “And why did you have a feeling that I would choose this sundress?” Propping herself on the wooden chair, she sat across Myungsoo. The smell of the toasted bread invaded her nostrils and her stomach growled; she realized she had not eaten for a few days already.

Myungsoo shrugged and took another bite off his toasted bread. “Never mind that, the better question is whether you want coffee or tea?”

“Tea, please. I am not a big fan of coffee.” Suzy made a face.

Myungsoo chuckled and got up to prepare her tea. “Do you reckon there is coffee and tea in the afterlife?”

“Who knows?”

“Exactly,” Myungsoo nodded, his back facing her. “Who knows if there is coffee and tea in paradise, so, until then, coffee and tea is a reason to live.”

“Is it really?”

He set her cup of tea down and smiled, his eyes disappearing as he did so. Suzy took that as a yes. Was coffee and tea really a reason to live? She raised her hot cup of tea to her lips and sipped. The hot liquid drained down and left an interesting aftertaste. Early Grey, she said inwardly. Her mother’s favorite tea. Suzy remembered the times when her mother would sit on the veranda, sip on her cup of tea while Suzy played with her father. Then, she decided that maybe coffee and tea was indeed a reason to live.