Claiming :D

GTOP Writing Fest 2

So we have 30 amazing prompts :) I'd like to ask anyone that is interested to please claim one to write. It would be awesome if all of them could be written, but realistically, I'm hoping at least half of them will be claimed. For the last GTOP Writing Fest, I wrote for the prompts that weren't claimed so everyone could have their story written, but I don't know if I'll be able to do that this time. I'll write as much as I can, but it'd be better if there was more variety, right? ^^ So please look at the list and consider claiming a prompt to write :)

Here's a drabble for you to read since I don't like posting without there being anything.

*****

Jiyong pouted at the image out his window.

Youngbae was playing in the leaves with the new kid, Choi something or other, while he was stuck inside all by himself. It wasn't fair!

He threw his blocks at the window and plopped onto  the couch. He kicked his tiny little legs as they dangled over the edge and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Sweetie, why are you looking so grumpy?"

Jiyong scowled at the spoon of medicine his mother held out. He turned his face away when she tried to feed it to him.

"I hate him!"

"Kwon Jiyong, I know that I taught you better than to say things like that," his umma scolded him. He pouted, looking down sadly. He didn't like it when she sounded disappointed in him. His mother smiled softly. "Now take your medicine like a good boy, and then you can tell me why you're upset."

Jiyong opened his mouth and swallowed the cherry flavored syrup. He wrinkled his nose at the taste. His mother laughed at the cuteness of her son.

"You're so adorable, Jiyong-ah." She pinched his cheeks.

Jiyong ducked his head away in annoyance. "Umma, I don't like him..."

"Who, sweetie?"

"The new boy. He's stealing Baebae away from me."

His umma hid a smile behind her hand. She smoothed his hair away from his forehead and kissed it gently. "Youngbae is your best friend. That's not going to change just because you can't go out and play for a couple of days. Besides, Seunghyun seems like a very nice boy. You might like him."

"I doubt it," he mumbled stubbornly.

The doorbell rang. His umma ruffled his hair and stood to answer it. Jiyong tiltled his head curiously as he heard quiet voices from the entry.

His eyes widened to saucers when the new boy walked shyly into the room.

"I'll be in the kitchen if you boys need anything. Jiyong-ah, remember what I told you, okay?"

Jiyong nodded distractedly. The new boy was staring at him with deep brown eyes that looked worried. He pulled his hands from behind his back and held out a tiny stuffed dragon. Bashfully, he looked away. Jiyong frowned.

"What're you doing?"

The older boy glanced up and met his eyes more determinedly. "My name is Choi Seunghyun. I saw you playing with Youngbae when my family moved in last week, and I was hoping to meet you, but you didn't come outside since then. When I asked where you were, Youngbae said you had a sore throat, so I," he fidgeted nervously with the toy he still held out to Jiyong, "I wanted to see if you were okay."

Jiyong felt himself smiling as he saw the older boy blush. He decided that maybe his umma was right after all. He gently took the stuffed dragon and hugged it to his chest. "How did you know that I love dragons?"

Seunghyun smiled and sat on the couch next to him. "I didn't know that. I just got it because I love dragons, and I hoped it would cheer you up."

Jiyong toyed with the silky blue wings in his small hands. He thought about it seriously for a minute, his tiny forehead all scrunched up in concentration. When he reached his decision, he turned toward Seunghyun and held out his box of crayons.

"We should be friends. Do you want to play with me?"