Secrets and Cheerios

I will Always Love You

 

Author POV

While things started to get awkward at the amusement park, things at school started to take a turn in an unknown direction.

 

---At school---

 

*bell rings*

The bell rung indicating that lunch has ended.

 

“I don’t wanna go.” Complained JeRim.

 

“You have to” said Jonghyun

 

“Why are you complaining? You’re Einstein in Pre-Calculus” said Taecyeon

 

“Gaja” said Jonghyun

 

They all got up from the lunch table and exited the cafeteria. While walking, Jonghyun sneaked his arm around JeRim’s neck. This didn’t go unnoticed by Taec.

 

Once they reached the doors for Pre-Calculus, JeRim’s prayers were answered. On the door, there was a note that said:

 

Hello, my wonderful mathematicians,

 

Class has been cancelled. Since we couldn’t find a sub at last minute, you all have a free period. You may go wherever you want, on the campus. Try not to disturb any other classes. Use this time wisely. I’ll be back tomorrow.

 

Ms. B

 

“YAY!” shouted JeRim

 

“Now what?” asked Taecyeon

 

“I don’t know about you, but I’m going to the library.” She said while backing away and eventually leaving them dumbfounded.

 

“Looks like it’s just you and me” said Jonghyun.

 

Both guys walked to the football field. They just watched as all the other students were in P.E. class doing drills.

 

“So………..you and JeRim-ah?” asked Taec

 

“Yea” said Jjong

 

They fell into an awkward silence……

 

“I know you like JeRim” said Jjong

 

“Oh”

 

“I hope that since you’re my friend you’ll accept it.”

 

“…………….It will take time, but I will……….eventually.” Taec said while sighing in defeat.

 

Silence again…….

 

“Since I can tell you’re serious about JeRim…….I need to tell you something.” Taec said with guilt.

 

“What is it?”

 

“………………………………………………………………………………………..I almost kissed JeRim.”

 

Jonghyun was shocked with what his friend had said. He turned to look at him and saw the guilt in his face. He wanted to scream and beat the crap out of him….but he couldn’t. He just stayed silent.

 

“JeRim wants to tell you. I know she does. She feels just as guilty as me. But she can’t. She’s afraid you’ll leave her like the others.”

 

Jonghyun heard what he had to say. He knew that if he stayed there longer, he wouldn’t be able to control himself. So…….he walked away.

 

Jonghyun POV

Taec almost kissed JeRim……………….Why wouldn’t she tell me? Doesn’t she know I wouldn’t leave her? Doesn’t she know me at all? Yes I would be mad and angry but I would just want an explanation. I don’t need an explanation from Taec because I know he has liked JeRim since forever. He probably found an opportunity and decided to use it. But still, why wouldn’t she tell me? And after last night’s date. For God’s sake, I was with the girl for hours. Up until 3am. She had tons of opportunities, and she didn’t tell me.

 

I need to hear her explanation.

 

 

---At the library---

 

JeRim POV

 

After I left the guys I went to the library. I was walking around the aisles looking for a book to read in the meantime. I want an adventure book. Found it……

Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I’m too lazy to go and walk back to sit at a table so I sat down here in the middle of the isle.

 

I started reading the book, and it’s great. I’m gonna check it out. As I was reading my eyes started to get heavy. Maybe because I didn’t get enough sleep. I got home from my date with my puppy at around 3 am and ended falling asleep like at 4. I ended up falling asleep…………….

 

 

"May I have this dance?" asked jonghyun

 I gladly accepted his offer and we made our way to the dancefloor. The song that was playing was a slow song, so I was a bit nervous. I mean I should be nervous. I've had the world's biggest crush on him since we were 13 years old. God I'm so nervous. Please help.

 

"Je Rim....are you okay?" That woke me up from my thoughts. I also realized we were already on the dancefloor my arms around his neck, and he had his hands on my waist.

 

"Yeah...Im fine I was just thinking about something." I replied.

 

"What were you thinking about?" he asked.

 

"Umm...about you." I answered a bit embarrassed.

 

"Oh really?"

 

"Yeah."

 

I was gonna answer, but before I knew it, he was starting to lean closer and closer. I knew what he was trying to do. I dont know why...but I looked down and he ended up kissing my forehead.

 

"Sorry." he said looking really apologetic.

 

I couldn't answer him. I don't know why I looked down, but I did. What's wrong with me?

 

"Um...excuse me. I gotta go to the ladies room." that's all I could say. He nodded and I started to make my way to the bathroom. But something stopped me on my way there. Someone grabbed my hand and dragged me to a random classrom.

 

"Let go of me!!!" I screamed hoping someone would save me. I looked up and realized it was Taecyeon oppa.

 

"Oh it's just you. " I said relieved it was just Taecyeon oppa and not some weird molestor or .

 

I was about to open my mouth to ask what's wrong, but something stopped me...It was soft and warm. It was Taecyeon oppas' lips. He kissed me. I don' t know why but I kissed back. It just felt so right. As if his lips were made just to be with mine. Then...

 

"Je Rim?!?!? What are you doing?" That voice...I knew who it belonged to. I turned around and he was there.

 

Jonghyun oppa was there. So were the rest of my friends. He saw me and Taecyeon oppa kissing. What did I just do? I ruined everything. Before I could even open my mouth to explain. He stopped me.

 

"We're OVER!!!" Jonghyun oppa yelled.

 

My world came crashing down on me. I fell to the ground crying. Thank god SungKi unnie was there to help me back up. What have I done? I ruined everything.

 

 

I woke up in shock. I can’t let this happen. If Jonghyun oppa was this mad in a dream, I can only imagine how mad he would be in reality. No I don’t want to imagine. I don’t ever want to see him mad or sad. I need to tell him before things go any further in our relationship.

 

I stood up. Now to put the book back. I know, most people leave it wherever. But librarians work really hard. So one less book helps………Okay now Jonghyun.

 

I turn around……………………………………there he is.

 

He looks……..I don’t know. A mix of emotions. He looks sad, disappointed, and his eyes show a bit of confusion. He looks up at me and his eyes are sad, but his face looks mad. Could he have possibly found out???

 

“You know?” He just nodded and sat down with his back leaning against the bookshelf. I sat down with him.

 

I look at him, and his expression is begging for explanation. So I’m gonna explain. If things turn out bad, so be it. I kept this a secret long enough and I’m ready to face any consequences I may have.

 

I opened my mouth and started explaining…

 

 

Author POV

 

JeRim explained everything. Every single detail that happened the moment he had texted her. She told him how they met up in the lobby and he gave her the ballet necklace. She explaind their little park “fight”, which caused him to show a little smile. Probably because Taec being a big guy, got his kicked by a tiny girl. She explained how she helped cure his wounds when he bumped into everything. She explained how he tickled her and that’s how things started. She told him that he should thank SungKi for walking in when she did. She also told him that she wouldn’t have minded if he actually did kiss her.

 

“Why wouldn’t have you minded?” he asked.

 

“Because…………………….I think he still likes me.”

 

Jonghyun was surprised that she knew. He thought she didn’t know. “How did you know?”

 

“A couple months before we left Seoul, I found out.”

 

“How?”

 

-Flashback-

Me and unnie are at our friend MiSoo’s birthday sleepover. All our friends are here hanging out, talking, and playing games. But right now…we’re sharing secrets. Well, basically whom we all have crushes on.

 

“SungKi unnie… Who do you have a crush on?” asked MiSoo

 

“Me?............MinHo.” she said looking down. Unnie’s probably blushing.

 

“KYAA!!!” All the girls scream.

 

“JeRim-ah is she telling the truth?” asked MiCha. I just nodded my head with probably a goofy smile on. And once again, the girls started squealing.

 

“What about you JeRim? Who do you like?” asked SunHi

 

“I like…........Jonghyun oppa.”

 

“Which one?” asked HeRan

 

“Ummmm…..Kim Jonghyun.”

 

All the girls were with wide eyes. SunHi and HeRan’s jaws dropped. Only SungKi unnie’s face seems normal.

 

“What?” I asked

 

“N-nothing” said MiSoo

 

It got awkward after that. So I decided to leave and let my confession sink in.

 

“I’ll be right back.” I got up from my seat and left to the bathroom.

 

When I got back the girl were taking saying things like ‘He’s a total flirt’, ‘Why him’,’Aish I feel so bad for Taecyeon oppa.’ I got interested after they said his name. Why would they feel bad for him? I walked closer to the door to hear well.

 

“Nado geulae” (So do I) said MiSoo and SunHi at the same time.

 

“Wae?” asked SungKi

 

“Because Taecyeon oppa likes JeRim.” Said MiCha

 

Oppa likes me!?!? That’s crazy.

 

“And JeRim likes Jonghyun oppa.” Said HeRan

 

“Oh……….now I understand.” Said SungKi

 

“But unnie why don’t you seem surprised? Did you know?” asked SunHi

 

“Yes. But I thought I was the only one.”

 

What??? Unnie knew and didn’t tell me.

 

“Everyone knows. Only JeRim doesn’t know.” Said MiSoo

 

“It’s really obvious.” Said Micha

 

How is it obvious? Taecyeon oppa treats me like a friend, nothing else.

 

I walked back in the room and we just continued talking and having fun.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

“But I never payed much attention to it. I thought it was nothing. That’s why when he almost kissed me I didn’t mind. Yes it was weird and I was shocked but I thought that once he would kiss me, he would realize that we’re just friends……….only friends.”

 

“Now I understand.” Said Jonghyun

 

“But why didn’t you tell me?” he asked

 

“I thought that once I told you, you would be so mad you would leave. And if you left, I wouldn’t be able to explain what I was thinking. And if I didn’t explain myself, you would hate me.” She said in one breath

 

“Well you’re right. I am mad…. But I know you. You wouldn’t do something or let something like this happen without a reason.”

 

“You do know that you have an odd way of thinking.” He said

 

“So I’ve been told.”

 

“Since we’re spilling secrets here…I feel the need to tell you about my dream I just had here in the library.” She said

 

“You fell asleep in the library?”

 

“Yes……sometimes I come here to sleep.”

 

“Jinjja?!?”

 

“Yes. But that’s not the point. Let me tell you my dream.”

 

“Okay. Go.”

 

----10 minutes later----

 

“WOW” he said

 

“I know right. Your face was so hurt and angry in my dream. That I promised to never let you feel like that in reality…without a good reason.”

 

“Deal”

 

*bell rings*

 

“Gaja” he said

 

He helped her up and they left the library.

 

As they were walking JeRim got a sneaky smile on her face.

 

“Oppa” she said cutely. “hmm”

 

“I can’t help but wonder……….who’s a better kisser?” she thought out loud using aegyo.

 

“BWO!”

 

“Either my puppy or my monkey?”

 

“YAH!”

 

“What?” she asked cutely

 

“Puppies are better kissers…Here let me show you.”

 

He was about to kiss her when…….

 

*bell rings*

 

“AISH” he said getting frustrated that he got ed by a bell.

 

“Cmon puppy. We’re already late.” She said while dragging him along.

 

He was obviously frustrated with the bell, so JeRIm held his hand to calm him down. He looked at their hands and then at her, and he smiled.

 

 

He inter laced their hands and they continued walking.

 

They both entered Drama hand in hand. Taecyeon was already there and he noticed this.

 

Taecyeon POV

I did the right thing. She’s happy. That’s all I want……..But I want her. NO! She’s happy. She’s happy. She’s happy. She’s happy. She’s happy. She’s happy.

 

Author POV

The day went on normally. Jonghyun and JeRim would have their lovey dovey moments and Taecyeon would keep his distance and repeating…

 

---At home---

 

When they got back home, Taec quickly changed into workout clothes and left to release his frustration at the gym. Jonghyun is with JeRIm in her condo eating away.

 

“Oppa. Stop eating all our food.”

 

“Andwe” he said stuffing his face with food.

 

“Aish. I’m gonna change. I’ll be back.”

 

“What are you? Terminator?” he asked. She rolled her eyes and walked away.

 

She came back in leggings and a purple shirt:

 

She saw that Jonghyun was on the couch with his eyes closed listening to music. She got an idea.

 

She tip toed next to him and……

 

“BOO!!!!!!!!!!”

 

“Ahhhhhh!!!!!!” he screamed. She fell back laughing.

“Y-ou sh-should-ve s-seen y-your f-fa-ce.” She said in between laughs

 

“You better run” he said in a serious tone.

 

She got up and ran to her room. She was about to close the door, but he beat her to it.

 

“You are mean.” He said while pouting.

 

“And you are too cute while pouting.” She said while pinching his cheeks.

 

He sat and her bed and looked around. “Your room is…….”

 

“PURPLE! I know.”

 

“Ani. Just like you.” She smiled.

 

She walked into her closet and started to organize a bit.

 

“Mwo haneungeoya?” (what are you doing?)

 

“Oragnizing”

 

“Ani. Come here.” He said wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder.

 

She turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck. His eyes traveled from her eys to her lips. Her eyes traveled from his eyes to his lips. They started to lean closer and closer to their lips.

 

2 inches away….

 

1 inch away….

 

*ding dong*


JeRim looked down at the floor and Jonghyun kissed her forehead.

 

She left to go attend to the door.

 

“AISH” she heard him shout from her room. She giggled and opened the door.

 

“Hi JeRim”

 

“Hi Ms. Garcia”

 

“Can you watch Emily for tonight?”

 

“Yeah, of course. When will you be back?”

 

“6pm…..tomorrow.”

 

“Oh. That’s fine. I’ll watch her for you. There’s no problem.”

 

“You’re a life saver…Emily come here *hand Emily to JeRim* Be good….Thank you so much.”

 

*closes door*

 

“Emily go put your back pack in my room.” She nodded her little head and walked away.

 

“I can’t believe she’s only 3 years old. She’s a total doll.” JeRim said to herself.

 

“AHHHH!!!!!”

 

JeRim rushed to her room. She thought she fell or got hurt. When she walked in her room, she saw Emily on Jonghyun’s back attacking him.

 

“EMILY!!!!!” She caught Emily and put her on her bed. “We don’t hit people.”

 

“Stranger” she said pointing at Jonghyun. “No no no. He’s a friend.”

 

“Friend?” she asked cutely. “Yes sweetheart. He won’t hurt you.”

 

“Okay” she said. Emily walked out of JeRim’s room.

 

“gwaenchana?”

 

“Ne. Just keep that monster away from me.”

 

“Jonhyun. Her name is Emily.”

 

“I don’t care what her name is, she’s a monster.”

 

“She’s 3. And she only hits people when they touch her.”

 

“All I did was pat her head and BAM she attacked me.”

 

“Yeah she does that. When I first met her, I nearly went bald…..But she’s a total angel when you get to know her.”

 

“Whatever. What is she doing here?”

 

“I’m babysitting her until tomorrow.”

 

“Tomorrow?”

 

“Ne. Gaja” she said while dragging Jonghyun into the living room.

 

“WOW Emily. You put all your stuff on the floor.”

 

“Jeje I wanna color.”

 

“Who’s Jeje?” Jonghyun asked while sitting on the couch.

 

“That’s Jeje.” Emily said while pointing ta JeRim. “Oh”

 

“C’mon Emily I wanna see what you can draw.”

Both girls were on the floor coloring away.

 

“Jeje where’s Kiki”

 

“I don’t know. She should be back soon.”

 

“Let me guess Kiki is SungKi.” Said Jonghyun. “Yes”

 

“Jeje is he your boyfriend?” asked Emily in a cute voice.

 

“Yes I’m Jeje’s boyfriend.” Jonghyun said proudly. “Be quiet!” said JeRIm

 

“He’s ugly.” Said Emily.

 

“WHAT?!?!?!”

 

“HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!” JeRim started laughing so hard.

 

“Emily that’s not nice.” Said JeRim. Emily got up from the floor and stood in front of Jonghyun. “I’m sorry that you are ugly.” Said Emily.

 

Jonghyun looks at her with a face that says you-call-that-a-sorry

 

Emily sat back down and continued coloring. “Yah, JeRim-ah, tell her to say sorry.”

 

“She did.”

 

“Aish”

 

“He looks like a puppy.” Said Emily. “He does look like a puppy.”

 

“I’m gonna call you puppy.”

 

“Whatever.” Jonghyun said while walking into the kitchen

 

Emily went inside her Hello Kitty backpack and got out a book. “Do you want me to read it for you.” asked JeRim. “No. I want puppy to read it.”

 

Emily started walking towards Jnghyun and he backed away.

 

Once Jonghyun was against the wall Emily lifted the book. He bent down to her level to get the book. That’s when she…

sneezed on him.

 

“Ewww” Jonghyun got disinfectant spray and sprayed it on himself.

 

“AHHHHH apa (hurts)”

 

Emily started to laugh cutely at Jonghyun’s misfortune.

 

And JeRim also started laughing. “Jonghyun you should know you don’t spray that in the face.”

 

“Emily I think you’re getting a cold.” JeRim said while wiping her nose. “I’m gonna go to the pharmacy to get some medicine.”

 

“NOOOO”

 

“Why?”

 

“You can’t leave me with that thing.”

 

“Aish Jonghyun, be a man. She’s only 3 and I’ll be back soon.” JeRim said while putting on some uggs, a jacket. She got her purse and left.

 

So now it was Jonghyun and Emily alone…

 

Jonghyun POV

Ottokhe?? I’m not that good with kids. But that’s not a kid that’s a monster.

 

I sat down on the couch and Emily was going in circles with a crayon in her hand.

 

I have to admit she is kinda cute. I went back to the kitchen to get some water. When I turned around, Emily was gone.

 

OMG Where did she go?

 

I walked into JeRim’s room and I hear little giggles. I walk to the closet and I see her trying on JeRim’s hats.

 

“That’s too big for you.” I got the hat and put back in her closet. When I turned around, she was gone again…

 

“I rush back into the living room and she walking towards JeRim’s cd collection.

 

“NO!!!

 

“Aigoo”

 

I picked up all the cds and I saw that Emily was back to coloring. Thank God.

 

“I’m hungry” she said cutely.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“CHEERIOS!!!”

 

“Okay.”

 

I went into the kitchen and got a bowl of cherrios. I sat back on the couch.

 

What now? Does she eat it by herself? Do I need to do it? AISH I don’t know how to feed kids…….

 

I got it an idea.

 

“Emily” She looked up.

 

HA I threw the cheerio and she caught it. She started to giggle. Maybe she thinks it’s a game.

 

I started thowing the cheeries for a couple more minutes. *beep* I threw the cheerio and looked at my phone.

 

I heard a thump and saw Emily was crying.

 

 

OMG I threw the cheerio to hard and she fell back. Ottokhe? Ottokhe?

 

“Shhh Don’t cry. It’s okay. It was a mistake. I’m sorry.” She wiped her little tears and looked at me. I gave her a smile and she smiled with a little giggle.

 

 

She went back to coloring.

 

---20 minutes later---

 

I looked at her and she was getting sleepy.

 

Maybe I should put her down for a nap.

 

“Let’s go Emily. Time for a nap.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes”

 

“No”

 

Aish………………….I got it.

 

 

She followed the trail of cheerios I laid out. I ended it with a little pile on the bed. She sat on the bed and I covered her with the blanket.

 

“I like Puppy with Jeje.” Said Emily.

 

It shocked me at first but then I smiled. I stood up but she held my hand. I looked at her.

 

“Stay until I fall asleep.” She said cutely. “Okay”

 

“Puppy is pretty not ugly,” she said.

 

“Thank you”

 

She giggled and then she fell asleep.

 

I waited a couple of minutes and I stood up. I turned off the lights.

 

I went back into the living room and I was tired. I layed down on the couch and the TV.

 

I heard the door open. “I’m back”

 

“JeRim-ah”

 

She walked into the living room. “Where’s Emily?”

 

“I put her for a nap.”

 

“Jinjja?” she was schocked.

 

“Ne. Wae?”

 

“It takes me about an hour to put her for a nap.”

 

“Oh I put her down in 10 minutes.”

 

“WOW.” She went back into the kitchen and put the medicine back.

 

“I left her coloring so I hope she wasn’t a hassle.”

 

“Ugh you don’t wanna know.”

 

“Wae? What happened?”

 

“Nothing I couldn’t handle.”

 

“See. I knew you were good with kids.”

 

“I wouldn’t say good. But I’m not bad.”

 

She smiled that smile I always fall for.

 

Author POV


Jonghyun patted the couch and JeRim sat next to him. They were watching TV while cuddling. Everything is perfect. But with SungKi things aren’t so perfect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you guys think of J's chapter? Monster's Inc. inspired ;) I thought it was cute ^.^ Thank you guys so much for 600+ views!! You guys are daebak :D It's only been 3 months and we've come this far. It's all thanks to all you Blarps out there :) Lol Blarps... Is that a good name to call our readers or should it be Blarpees? Lolol leave a comment on what you think we should call you readers ^.^ Who do you think Sungki's gonna end up going out with? Minho, Wooyoung, BOTH? :OOOO Lol maybe she'll just stay lonely for the rest of her life Bahaha JUST KIDDING ~~~ :D We know who's she's gonna end up with but you'll have to stick around and keep reading to find out :) Thank you for the support Blarps... or Blarpees... Lol :)

-V<3