One Spark Can Start a Fire

I will Always Love You

 

Authors POV

“Who is it then?” Kim Bum asked.

“Who’s what?” Sungki asked.

“Who is the guy that’s your boyfriend material? Wooyoung? Ani, Minho?”

“ I don’t know… I’m confused…”

“Well you better choose before things get really hard between you guys”

“What do you mea—“

 

She didn’t finish speaking. Kim Bum took his chance to take revenge on Wooyoung. Before he finished letting Sungki talk, Kim Bum kissed her…

 

Sungki pushed him back as hard as she could, looked at him with anger in her eyes. You could see her tear up; her eyes were watery and shiny like a crystal. Before either spoke, Minho suddenly came. He had seen everything, from the speaking about Wooyoung to the kiss. He was angry, furious in fact. He went in front of Kim Bum and punched him right in the face. His anger was too much, the punch made Kim Bum start bleeding.

 

“Yah… Who do you think you are?” He said looking at Kim Bum with fury in his eyes.

 

Before Kim Bum could think or say anything, he launched himself at Minho. Minho and Kim Bum suddenly started fighting. Sungki was already so shocked with what Kim Bum did; she became even more confused seeing Minho and Kim Bum fighting. There were so many thoughts going on in her head. She felt betrayed believing Kim Bum had changed. She felt horrible and couldn’t think straight.

 

“Kumanhe!”She finally screamed at the verge of tears.

"… Kumanhe...”she said starting to let tears come out. She couldn’t hold it in anymore and started crying as she crouched.

 

Wooyoung was seeing all of this happen from the lobby doors. He couldn’t stand to watch Sungki cry. He ran to her and hugged her while she was still crouching.

 

“Kumanhaja”Wooyoung said looking at both Kim Bum and Minho.

“Gaja, Sungki. You need to let your mind off of things…”

 

Wooyoung took Sungki away from the scene. Now it was just Minho and Kim Bum in the parking lot.

 

“Leave now with the small amount of dignity you have left, and NEVER come back.” Minho said looking at Kim Bum.

 

Wooyoung took Sungki in his arms to an ice cream shop to cheer her up. He knew Sungki wasn’t on earth at the moment.

 

Sungki was appalled; traumatized. She wouldn’t say a word and would just stare with a blank expression. She sat on a bench nearby as she left Wooyoung behind.

 

Wooyoung had so many thoughts coming to his head just by looking at Sungki. He knew how lonely and violated she must feel. He knew she had so many thoughts going through her head. He knew she wasn’t here on earth; she was in a distant planet, wandering by herself.

 

Wooyoung finally caught up to Sungki and sat next to her, staring at what was in front of him along with Sungki. They sat there for a while just observing what was happening in front of them. People would pass by; couples holding hands, colleagues passing by to take the bus to go home, all sorts of people. They would just listen and observe. You could hear birds chirping, the sound of cars passing by, conversations between people from different places, everything. Wooyoung finally broke the silence.

 

“You know… “He said as Sungki looked up to see him.

 

“I remember once, when I was little, I found this puppy by the street. It looked so lonely and depressed. I didn’t want to leave him alone on the cold street so I took him home. My parents weren’t so happy about it and didn’t let me keep him. I felt bad leaving it outside on the street so I secretly took him to my room when my parents were sleeping. It was a great idea until I got caught haha A few days had passed and when I left for school I forgot to close the door to my room. When I got home from school I rushed into the house because I heard umma scream. The little puppy was growing teeth and bit everything in the living room and destroyed all our slippers. I came in to find umma chasing after the dog trying to catch it haha I got in so much trouble for that”

“Why are you telling me this?” Sungki asked.

 

Wooyoung looked at her and smiled before turning back.

 

“I just wanted to get your mind off of everything for just a few seconds”

 

Sungki smiled. It became quiet again for a couple of minutes.

 

“Why aren’t you asking anything?” She asked

“…. I don’t need to. I saw everything.”

“You did? Everything, everything?” She asked in surprise.

“Yup… I am curious as to what you’re thinking about so much but I didn’t want to be imprudent and ask. So, I was waiting for you to tell me. I just couldn’t take the silence anymore so I told a story”

“Ohh, I see. Can you promise me something though?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Can we keep this to ourselves? I don’t want anyone else to know, I don’t want people to be asking me about it”

“Sure, I understand”

“Thank you.”

“It’s not healthy though” Wooyoung said after a couple of minutes.

“What’s not?”

“To keep it all to yourself. I’m here for you if you need to let anything out. I’m your best friend and I will always be here for you”

“I know, and I thank you for that”

“So, if you want to let anything out. Be my guest”

“UGHHHHH! THAT BASTARD! THAT SON OF A…. DOG! God im so angry I wanna curse but I cant!!!!”

Nollatjana! You scared me Sungki! You were all quiet and all of a sudden BAM!”

“I’m sorry Woo its just that ughh that…”

“Son of a b*tch, I know”

“Exactly! How could he? After I let him down gently and everything. That backstabber”

“I understand”

“I spent such a great time with him yesterday, I was beginning to think he had changed. I guess I was wrong…”

“I know, but did you see Minho hyung? Waahh, are you aware of what he did? He was all like “*boom* “bastard” *Smack* “how could you?!” *kick* “

 

Woyoung’s actions made Sungki laugh which caused Wooyoung to smile. They kept talking and talking and Wooyoung tried to keep making Sungki laugh. Sungki soon forgot about what had happened earlier and was enjoying her time with Wooyoung. She quickly realized her heart was beating fast and her stomach was fluttery. She was starting to realize that she might like her own best friend.

 

 

-----Meanwhile at Jerim’s-----

 

Jerim POV

Man… it’s so boring without unni here. There’s nothing to do but eat, sleep, and watch TV. I haven’t seen either Jjong or Taecyeon today; I wonder what they’ve been up to.

Just as she finished saying that Jonghyun rang the doorbell and was standing at the door with roses in his hands.

 

Jonghyun POV

Oh my gosh, what am I doing? Is the player Jonghyun actually at the door of the girl he likes with flowers in his hand? What happened to me? Jerim happened… That’s what happened… Gosh why am I so nervous? I’ve never been nervous with a girl before. Wait do I smell good? *Sniffs under arms* oh I smell reallllyy good kekeke how about my breath? *breaths out* Yikes!! Better get some breath spray. *sprits* Okay I’m all set, why is she taking so lo---

 

“Jonghyun?” Jerim said as she opened the door

“…. Hi”Jonghyun said with a nervous smile

 

“What are you doing here?”

“Here *hands roses* these are for you”

“Aww how sweet of you!” She said with a smile

“umm… I came over to invite you to the date you said you would go on with me. I was gonna send you a text but I though I’d come personally instead” He said stuttering of how nervous he was.

 

“Aww how thoughtful! Alright, where are we going and at what time?”

“Where, is a surprise. Meet me at the lobby at 9pm okay?”

“Okay! I’ll see you later then” Jerim said with a smile

“Okay, I’ll see you later! Bye”

“Bye!”

 

As Jerim closed the door, she waited a few seconds until she was sure Jonghyun had left and started jumping around and screaming like a little girl. Little did she know, Jonghyun was still outside and could hear everything. He though it was cute and caused him to smile. He left back to his condo and already started looking for his outfit, so did Jerim.

By the time Sungki came back it was already 8 and Jerim was getting ready. Minho disappeared after what happened with Kim Bum and Taecyeon was on his way back from his trip so it was only she and Wooyoung

 

----In front of Sungki’s door----

 

“Wooyoung-ah”Sungki said as she gave a hug to Wooyoung.

Wooyoung was shocked and could hear his heart beat fast and loud. He started getting a little hot. He was starting to blush from Sungki’s sudden action.

“Thank you for everything” she said as she stepped back. “You really are a best friend”

“No problem Sungki, anything for you” Woo said with a smile

 

“Are you hungry? Cause I’m starving!”

“I thought you would never ask!” Wooyoung said with a laugh

“Hahaha how imprudent of me Wooyoung-ah. Mianhe. I’ll make it up to you. Come inside and we’ll eat something”

“Gurae”

Wooyoung and Sungki went inside only to find the house a mess! All these days Sungki was gone Jerim was too lazy to do any cleaning; there were a bunch of dirty dishes, garbage of snacks on the coffee table, shoes everywhere, it was a complete mess! On top of that, there are boxes everywhere meaing JeRim was shoppin online again.

“Ahhhh jinjja. Jerim, this girl! You can tell without me the house would be a complete disaster. SUNG JERIM!”

“I guess she’s not home…” Wooyoung said after a couple of seconds of waiting.

“Unnie! You’re back!” Jerim finally came out of her room.

“Yah, Jerim-ah. What is this? The house is a mess!” Sungki said looking around in disappoint.

“Minahe Unnie, you know I’m really reckless when it comes to these kind of things. You can punish me all you want later. I gotta go meet the Dino, see you lateer~~” Jerim said as she was heading to the door.

“Yah, SUNG JERIM!” Sungki screamed as she was closing the door.

“Ahh, jinjja. I’m sorry you have to see the house like this Wooyoung.”

“It’s okay, you should see Jonghyun hyung’s room kekeke”

“Haha looks like they’re a match made in heaven. I’m sorry Wooyoung can you help me clean? I promise I’ll cook you something really delicious when we’re done! Deal?”

“You’re so adorable, deal,” he said with a smile.

 

Wooyoung and Sungki got to clean the house and, as usual, they made a game and laughed about everything. When they were done cleaning, they cooked and ate.

“That is really delicious Sungki. Gomawo!”

“Thank you! It’s a pleasure keke”

“Where’d you learn how to cook? You’ve been here since you were a teen right?”

“Nee. Well, when you live alone with a dongsaeng you tend to learn stuff and become a master keke I’m sort of like Jerim’s mom around here”

“So what do you wanna do now? Its only 9:30”

“Ohhhhh!! Let’s watch movies!! There’s no TV in the living room though so we’ll have to watch it in my room. Is that okay?”

“Sure no problem”

“Yaaay! I haven’t watched movies in the longest! Gaja”

When they entered Sungki’s room Wooyoung was surprised. The room was pretty simple for a girl but then again, Sungki isn’t like all girls. She’s special.

 

“I know what you’re thinking” Sungki said

“Huh?”

“This room isn’t exactly the girly type, I know. Keke to be honest I’ve never been the girly type. The only thing girly about me would probably be my style and make-up. Everything else is normal”

“That’s good! There’s nothing wrong with that, I like it,” He said smiling.

“Cutie, what movie do you wanna watch?”

“Idk, what do you wanna watch?”

“Mmmm let’s watch a funny one first, then action, and then a love story!”

“Gurae” Woyoung said smiling at her cuteness.

They watched the first comedy movie and were cracking up the whole time. They started off sitting on the bed but then little by little they ended up lying down on the bed together, side-by-side. By the time the romantic movie started Sungki was starting to fall asleep. It was late; it was around 2am. It was becoming harder and harder for her to stay awake.

“Do you want me to leave Sungki? You look sleepy”

“Ani, it’s okay. Lets finish watching the movie”

It was around 3am when JeRim made it back to the condo. She was extremely happy to have gone on her date with Jonghyun and was excited to tell Sungki about it.

“Oh! The house is clean! Unnie must be mad at me for running off. I’m thirsty Im gonna drink some water first”

Jerim walked into the kitchen and noticed there were two dirty plates, two cups, and two pairs of dirty utensils in the sink. She was beginning to wonder if Sungki had Kim Bum come over after she came with Wooyoung.

JeRim made her way to Sungki’s room, she usually bursts in but since it was late she decided to lighty knock and then enter. The lights in Sungki’s room where dim so she entered silently.

*knock knock knock*

“*whispering* Unnie, are you awake?”

Jerim was shocked at what she was seeing! Wooyoung and Sungki had both fallen asleep while watching the movie and were now lying on the bed asleep and cuddling.

“Ommo, what’s this? I better wake Sungki up” she thought while going to where Sungki was.

She was about to wake Sungki when she thought, “If I wake up Sungki, Wooyoung would kill me for not letting this happen. Ne, I’m just gonna leave and pretend I was never here.”

Wooyoung was slightly awake and heard what Jerim said but was too asleep to say anything. He slowly dozed off. JeRim placed a blanket on them and turned off the lights.

“Good night, love birds” she whispered.

 

---The next day at lunch in school---

It was around 12pm and everyone was in school except for Wooyoung and Sungki. Jerim had texted Jonghyun last night to let him know where Wooyoung was and told him not to say anything.

 

---Last night’s conversation---

To: Jonghyun oppa<3

From: Jerim :D

Dino!! Are you still awake?

-3:30am

 

To: Jerim :D

From: Jonghyun oppa<3

Yes my dear, you miss me already? ;)

-3:32am

 

To: Jonghyun oppa<3

From: Jerim :D

Very funny-_- You will not believe what I just saw!

-3:33am

 

To: Jerim :D

From: Jonghyun oppa<3

What happened? And where’s Woo? Do you know?

-3:35am

To: Jonghyun oppa<3

From: Jerim :D

Yes! I know! Wooyoung fell asleep with Sungki while watching movies. I was gonna wake Sungki up but I knew Woo would kill me Dx

-3:37am

 

 

 

To: Jerim :D

From: Jonghyun oppa<3

No way?! My lil bro scored ;D

-3:38am

To: Jonghyun oppa<3

From: Jerim :D

Yah -_-they’re just cuddling you ert!

-3:40am

 

To: Jerim :D

From: Jonghyun oppa<3

Arasseo, arasseo :p so you just left them there?

-3:42am

To: Jonghyun oppa<3

From: Jerim :D

Yea, im sure they won’t wake up on time so I’ll just let them sleep. Lets not tell anyone okay?

-3:44am

To: Jerim :D

From: Jonghyun oppa<3

Arasseo, go rest :) it’s late

-3:46am

To: Jonghyun oppa<3

From: Jerim :D

Gurae, good night oppa :)

-3:48am

 

 

“Where’s Sungki?” Minho asked Jerim as they sat down at a table.

“Where’s Woo? I haven’t seen him either” Taecyeon added while taking a bite of his apple.

 

Jjong and Jerim looked at each other nervously but decided to keep it cool and make up something.

 

“Uhh…Sungki? She went to sleep late last night and didn’t wake up on time. I didn’t wanna wake her up… she’s probably sleeping right now… hehe.. yeaah” she said nervously

“Yeah! Wooyoung too! He got a late night workout and he was to tired to wake up, he told me to let him sleep and he’ll come tomorrow. You guys know how he is” Jjong added.

“Ohh, gurae?” Taecyeon asked.

“Of course!” Jjong and Jerim said simultaneously while exchanging looks

 

Minho knew they were hiding something. He decided to check up on Sungki after lunch.

 

 

At the same time the guys were in lunch, Sungki woke up. Wo had woken up before her and was now in the kitchen making breakfast. Sungki had forgotten Wooyoung was here last night. She woke up to the smell of food being cooked; pancakes with eggs maybe? She made her way to the kitchen thinking it was Jerim.

 

“Jerim-ah, you didn’t go to school ei--- *screams*”

“*Drops spoon* ahh jinjja. You always startle me” Woo young said as he picked up the spoon.

“Wooyoung? What are you doing here?” A shocked Sungki asked.

“We slept together, don’t you remember?”

“Bwo?! Sleep together? You mean… we.. um.. you know…”

“Yaaahhh, Sungki. You ! We just fell asleep while watching movies. I woke up and went to my condo to wash up but Jjong left it locked and I didn’t have my keys. I let you know I was leaving. Don’t you remember?”

 

----Flashback---

 

“Sungki, we fell asleep. Im gonna go wash up okay? Its time for school” Sungki heard as she was still slightly asleep.

“Mmm, gurae…”she said softly as she rolled back to sleep.

 

----End flashback---

 

 

“Ohh…right…” Sungki said blushing.

“I came back in and decided to make breakfast,” he said with a wink.

“You know how to cook?” Sungki asked in disbelief.

“You’re not the only great one Sungki” Woo said chuckling.

“Come, sit. The foods ready” Wooyoung said as he placed the food on the table.

 

Sungki took a bite and couldn’t believe it. She was in heaven! The pancakes were soft and chewy, the eggs were unbelievable, and everything was perfect!

 

“Did you really make this?” She asked while raising her eyebrow in suspicion.

“Yaah, what do you take me for Sungki? Of course I made this!”

 

Sungki just stared at him in disbelief.

 

“I know…I’m pretty awesome,” He said arrogantly.

 

Sungki didn’t pay attention and went back to eating. She suddenly stopped when she caught wooyoung staring at her.

 

“What? Do I have something on my face?” she asked.

“Ani, you’re just pretty. Jeongmal yeppuda” he said with a love-struck expression.

 

“Umm… This was really good oppa. Gomawo” She said trying to change the conversation.

“Where can I go wash up, Sungki?” Wooyoung asked as he picked up Sungki’s plates.

“Mmm.. I’ll wash up in Jerim’s room. You can wash up in mine.”

“Arasseo, I’ll go wash up as soon as I finish washing the dishes” he said as Sungki went to wash up.

 

Wooyoung started washing dishes but as he was washing a cup he accidentally dropped it and splashed water all over his shirt.

 

Wooyoung POV

Ahh, Woo. You pabo! Now you have to take off your shirt… *takes off shirt*

 

*Ding Dong*

 

“Woo, can you get that please?” Sungki yelled as she was getting in the shower.

“Neee!”

 

Ughh, what do I do? I’m shirtless.. Whatever, its just the shirt.

 

*Opens door* “Minho Hyung?”  Woo said as he opened the door.

 

Minho was shocked. He expected Sungki to open the door. He knew something wasn’t right; he came to find Woo shirtless. He just stared at Woo with anger in his eyes.

 

“What?” Woo said as he looked at himself.

 

"I have a great body, I know. Thanks for noticing haha" Wooyoung said laughing but was caught off by Minho.

 

“Where’s Sungki?” He said as barged in.

“She’s washing up in Jerim’s room. I was about to go wash up in her room. Gidalyeo”Woo said as he left the room.

 

Minho was angry. He was really angry. He kept imagining all sort of reasons why Woo would have been shirtless which made him even more furious.

 

He got tired of thinking wrong and looked around to get distracted. He remembered Sungki was in Jerim’s room and went to see if he could hear anything. Just as he placed his ear on the door, the door opened.

“Minho??”Sungki asked in shock.

“Ohh…Annyeong Sungki”

“What are you doing here? Where’s Woo?”

“Uhh… He went to go wash up. I’ll go see if he’s done…” Minho said as he rushed to Wooyoung in embarrassment.

 

When Wooyoung and Sungki were ready they waited for Minho to change from his school uniform to go out. Wooyoung suddenly got a call and had to leave. He didn’t say where he was going but left Minho and Sungki alone.

 

Sungki outfit:

Minho outfit:

 

“So where do you wanna go?” Minho asked Sungki.

“Well, we skipped school so lets do something fun!” Sungki said excitedly.

“Where to?”

“Let’s go to the amusement park!”

“Gurae?”

“Nee, huh? Please?”

“Haha okay, gaja”

“It was around 2 when they left for the amusement park. Even though it was a school day, the park was packed! They went on the roler coasters, they went to a haunted house, they visited the petting zoo nearby; they went practically everywhere they could! It was around 5 and they decided to go eat something. Through out the whole time, Minho kept staring at Sungki. He was amazed at how beautiful Sungki is. Her eyes, her smile, her cute little laugh; everything about her was simply astonishing to Minho.

 

“Sungki…May I ask you something?” Minho finally asked.

“Sure what’s up?”

“Do you like Wooyoung or me?”

The question bubbled in her head. She didn’t know what to answer. She was confused and what happened with Kim Bum made it worse. She didn’t want to answer the question nor could she. Who does her heart belong to? Wooyoung or Minho?


Heyyyy late night update....Cliff hanger...

Who do you think SungKi will pick??? Minho or Wooyoung????

Have you guys checked out SHINee's MV for Why So Serious???

I loved it but......Jongie wasn't there :((( *tears*

My prayers go out to him and his health.

SNEAK PEAK to next chapter:

My theme will be.........................

-J