8GB of Love

Her love story

 

The first day of college was always going to be daunting for Tiffany. The first day of school used to be nothing because she had known at least one person on the first day of school. But this time it was different, no more Siwon to walk down the halls with her. No more high school. Today, Tiffany Hwang had to grow up.

 

She walked onto the campus, straight to the nearest student booth to get a map of the whole place.  There sat a handsome boy typing away on his laptop.

 

Tiffany POV

 

“Excuse me… Kyuhyun sshi.” Said Tiffany as she tried to read his name badge.

 

No response. He’s still typing away…. So much for student help booth. Maybe I should try again..

 

“Umm sorry to disturb you but could you please help me?” She asked again.

 

Nothing again. This clearly is not going to work. Ok maybe he’s doing something really important… I’ll just take a peak at what he’s doing on his laptop, if it’s really important then I guess I’ll find my own way.

 

WHAT GAMING!? He’s ignoring me because he’s too busy playing some silly game… Isn’t this his job to help people… He’s not being very helpful at all… One last try! Hwaiting Fanyah!!

 

“YAH! Can you please help me!?” I yelled. People around me stopped and stared. Aish how embarrassing, this is the worst first day ever!

 

“Oh Sorry, did you need help there?” answered someone unexpectedly.

 

Wow he’s stopped playing his games.

 

That’s how they met, not the greatest first impression but Kyuhyun made up for it in the passing days. However, it wasn’t until the mid semester break that they both realised there was something there between them. Something that wasn’t there before.

 

Their first date wasn’t romantic like the dates Siwon took her on. It was different, in an exciting and good way. Kyuhyun took her out to dinner not at some fancy restaurant but to the night markets where they tried many kinds of street food, then they went to a games arcade. In all the time that she’s spent with Kyuhyun just as friends, she’s never understood the importance or even joy in games. After being instructed by the best gamer (AKA Kyuhyun), Tiffany found it lots of fun and she even managed to beat him in a couple. It wasn’t all car racing games and street fighting games. He did win her something from one of the stands. It wasn’t a big soft toy that you’d expect, rather something small and quirky. Tiffany had allowed Kyuhyun to pick whatever he wanted from the prizes, just to surprise her. He didn’t end up giving her the prize until the next day, but when he did, it brought smiles to Tiffany’s face.

 

The day after Kyuhyun had asked to meet Tiffany at a game café. She had no idea why but she agreed anyway. They sat at two computers and Kyuhyun had taken something out of his pocket, it was something heart shaped, a heart shaped usb.

 

Swarovski-8GB-Heart-USB-Crystal-Necklace-Flash-Drive-R005.jpg

 

Tiffany POV

 

I’ve never gotten a usb as a gift before… It’s a little odd, but I guess Kyuhyun is different. But wow, it’s really pretty.

 

“I picked this for you yesterday but I had to make some modifications before giving to you today. I saw the soft toys but this really reminded me of you, it sparkles just like your eyes. And well, let’s just say i want to show you the contents of my heart.” Said Kyuhyun as he looked into my eyes.

 

I was so touched by his gestures that I had to look away from him because I’m pretty sure I’m as red as a tomato as of now! When you think about it, Kyuhyun has just made some as unromantic as a USB into something so heart warming and sincere.

 

“Thanks Kyuhyun. This is really nice, I’ve never received such a unique and well lovely gift.” I said smiling.

 

But apparently that wasn’t the end of the gift, he plugged the USB into the computer and opened the only file on it. It was a flash video of a story, our story so far. The video was unfinished because he said our story is unfinished and that he was getting tired and didn’t want to be late meeting me today. 

 

 

Months later

 

The relationship was steady for a couple of months, until one day someone stepped into their lives. Seohyun. She was a sweet girl, a transfer student. Tiffany and her became friends almost immediately! But as her friendship with Seohyun grew, her relationship with Kyuhyun deteriorated. Seohyun was new and didn’t know anyone so Tiffany made a habit of bringing Seohyun along to everything, even all her dates with Kyuhyun. One day Kyuhyun decided it wasn’t going to work this way anymore, their dates weren’t dates anymore; it was just hanging out as friends. Tiffany felt it too, but she didn’t want to admit it to herself because she didn’t want to lose a friend. But like her relationship before, this one ended. It wasn’t a bad breakup, because they realised, if anything that breakup brought them closer together. They became best friends and would share many things, the good and the bad, secrets, crushes, breakups, everything, even well into the future. Tiffany was even the one that helped get Kyuhyun and Seohyun together!