Memories

Do You Remember?

 

 


 

 

           “Yah, so you’re getting married, this week?!” Sora coughed.

            “Yes.”

            “And you didn’t refuse it?” Sora kept asking in high tone and made almost all the guest in this tiny café looking at them both.

            “God! Could you please lower down your voice? And yes I accepted it last night.” Jihee said while taking a big bite of her burger. Sora leaned her back. “You didn’t try to resist, even just once?”

            “Just once and it was useless.”

            “Yeah, I know your father. How is you husband to be looks like? I think because it’s your father choice… maybe…”

            “He is nothing. No abs. Not y. Not tan. Everything’s good about him is just his height. He’s pretty tall,” Jihee said, finished the last bite of her burger. “You will see him soon, ah maybe 3 minutes from now. He will pick me up here.” Sora’s eyes rounded, still not believing about this all. At that moment, Jihee’s phone rang noisily on her bag.

            “You eat like a pig.” That’s what Jihee heard after she picked up the phone. She turned at the window and saw Chanyeol standing, leaned on his car with as usual, his creepy smile ever.

            “Idiot. It’s nutrition.” Jihee answered with flat tone. While at the cross, Chanyeol was laughing. “Come on, I already reserved for bride planner at 3.”

            Sora was following to Jihee’s gaze and she saw a hot man with his suit, leaned on the car. “Jihee, don’t tell me…”

            “Yes he is. The one with derp face ever.” She stood up from her place and left Sora behind. Sora quickly took her coat and bag and ran behind Jihee.

            “But why he sounds familiar? Did you ever mention him or telling about him to me?”

            “I didn’t. Told you I know him just like I know you, but the difference is I don’t have a memory with him just like you and me. So it’s awkward and I don’t like him either.” Jihee leaned her shoulder to the door and pushed it. Sora still following Jihee until Chanyeol recognized her.

            He gave Sora smile widely. “Sora. Long time no see.” then Chanyeol looked at Jihee who already sat in the car, “Is she going to go with us?” he asked from the window.

            Sora sheepishly slapped back to reality. “A-Ani! I’m going home by myself. You two can go.”

            “Be careful on your way then! See you next time.” Chanyeol bowed and so did Sora. Sora still stood on her place until their car can’t be seen on her sight.

            She frowned. It’s weird. But why she felt Jihee already told a lot stories about him?

            Did she forget… or…Oh it must be because of it.

 

 

            “You ate very much I see. Yeah, it’s you anyway.” Said Chanyeol, broke the silent. Jihee didn’t bother to look at Chanyeol’s face. “Mmm.” She said, with eyes looking out of the window.

            “Why, you didn’t like this marriage?”

            “I just did what my father wants.”

            “But I’m happy.” Chanyeol said, trying to get Jihee’s attention. Jihee, still not amused with his answer, shoot back. “Why? Are you happy because you will get all money and take over the company?”

            Then in sudden, Chanyeol pressed the brake harshly until their car stopped in the middle of road. Bless the seat belt, so Jihee still on her place, with over shocked face.

            “What are you thinking?! No. You don’t even thinking! You want me die or something?!” Jihee screamed out of her lungs. Chanyeol loosen his grip to the wheel and murmured. “Sorry.”

            He continued to steer their car until arrived in famous bride planner in the city. Chanyeol went out first and leaving Jihee in the car. Jihee opened the car door but her legs still shaking because Chanyeol’s sudden reaction, made her remembers about the past…

            “. This is . Come on legs,” Jihee muttered. “That idiot is really something.” She tried her best to walk in to the shop and greet the bride planner. The bride planners were dragging Jihee to the room, and started to put make-up on her. One of them noticed Jihee’s pale face. “Miss, are you okay?” Jihee gave her a little smile and nod, told her that she is okay. Then another bride planner was joking, “Absolutely she isn’t okay! She’s nervous!” then another bride planner laugh at her.

            Then she had to try 5 gowns that time, and they will pick 2 for the D-Day. Jihee felt she already lost her energy only to make her legs standing properly. When the bride planners opened the curtain to show Jihee’s gown to Chanyeol, Chanyeol didn’t even give attention to her, made her angrier. What is wrong with him! I was the one who supposed to angry now!

            After picked the best 2 gowns and changed her clothes, she whispered to the bride planner to tell Chanyeol that she was done with all and told him to do the rest. She went back to the car with trembling legs. She leaned her back and closed her eyes, tried to sense her legs. Why it won’t stop shaking?! Then she heard Chanyeol opened the driver door and started the engine to move again.

            “Where are we going?” asked Jihee with flat tone. She was still closed her eyes. Chanyeol didn’t respond at the first and made Jihee repeating her question.

            “Where are we going to now?”

            “Jewelry shop.”

            “Can’t we back home now? I’m tired. We can do it tomorrow or tell someone to do it.”

            Chanyeol sighed, and steer the car went to Jihee’s house.

 

 

            I was sitting in the car and it moves very fast towards a truck in front of us. I can’t do anything until the car crashed…

            “NO!” Jihee screamed, loudly. She woke up from her sleep, panting and sweating. Then Jihee heard steps outside and opened the door.

            “Sweetheart, are you okay?” Father the lamp and sat on the edge of her bed. She shook her head. “No. I got that dream again, appa.”

            “It’s okay… everything is okay. What happened? Did something happen between you and Chanyeol?” She shook her head again. He won’t believe if she explained it, anyway. She rubbed her legs, “My legs are shaking.”

            “Go back to sleep. You need to rest.” He covered Jihee with the blanket.

 

 

            “Chanyeol... Did something happen to Jihee yesterday?” said father while he was eating his breakfast. Chanyeol just arrived in Jihee’s house to pick her up, so they could continue to search for the wedding rings today. But father told Chanyeol to have a breakfast with him first so here he is, sat on the big dining room as his apartment room. Actually, he was not in a good mood since yesterday, after Jihee blabbering about why he felt happy to marry her. She is different as hell since…

            “She felt unwell. She’s being just like after the incident. How can I leave her alone?” he let out a deep breath in frustration. “That’s why I chose you, Chanyeol. You know her and the memory of you both is still on my head just like a picture. And after that incident and doctor said…”

            “Is she in her room?” Chanyeol cut Jihee’s father sentence before he finished it.

            “Yes. The maid just served the breakfast maybe.”

            “May I go there?”

            Lee Jiwook smiled, and nodded, “As long if you could calm her, I’ll always let you.” Then Chanyeol went upstairs and stared at the door knob, leading to Jihee’s room.

            I don’t know her now, but my little heart can't deny that I still love her. Jihee that I know before the incident is just same with Jihee right now. What she need the most is only time, but I messed that time with one childish act. I risked her life. I know it was wrong, but she crossed the line yesterday.

            He sighed and knocked the door. “It’s not locked.” She said from inside. Chanyeol turned the door knob and went in to her room.

            The scent and how the room looks like, is just same like the last time Chanyeol went here. He saw Jihee on her bed, and her breakfast still on the table. Chanyeol took off his coat and put it on the couch. Jihee turned to see who just coming, but the turned back facing the wall when she knows who it was. Chanyeol went to the bathroom and poured hot water from the shower to the washbowl. He took the fresh towel and brought the washbowl along to the bedroom then he put it on the floor, beside her bed.

            “Jihee, ireona.” Chanyeol said, he slide his right hand at Jihee’s neck and tried to help her wake, but Jihee slapped his hand away. “Go a…” without knowing, Chanyeol picked her up bridal style, forced Jihee to sit on her bed. He kneeled down beside the bed and carefully put Jihee’s feet on the washbowl that filled with warm water.

            “What-“

            “I’m sorry.” Chanyeol said, without turned his gaze from Jihee’s feet. He rubbed her tiny feet gently with the towel. Jihee can’t help but gaped. She never felt how a man treated her like this before. He looks very sincere, and now Jihee felt heat rushed on her cheeks.

            “Yesterday… I wanted to tell you I’m happy. It’s not because your father money. No. It just…” he breathes deeply. “You will know it. Soon, later.” Then he showed Jihee his wide smile.

            Weird. I always complained if he smiled at me like that. But why I have strong feeling…

            “S-stop smiling like that, idiot.” Jihee said, stuttered. Chanyeol kept his smile on his face widely. “I’m your idiot man, true, and why are you stuttered?”

            “None of your business, dude.” She said and splashed the water from the bowl with her left foot.

            “I see you already fall with my smile?”

            “Oh, please. Never.” She splashed the water again. “Stop it. Try walk.”

            Jihee stood up and walked, circled Chanyeol and back sat on her bed. “It’s better.”

            Chanyeol smiled and patted her head. “Change your clothes, ah don’t forget to eat that.” He pointed to the breakfast on the table. “I’ll wait downstairs.” He took the washbowl and went to the bathroom again.

            My legs stopped shaking, but why now I felt my heart trembled twice faster than before?

            Without realized, father was watching between the door slit and chuckled with no sound. 

 


►►this is a rush update lmao. I'll keep update the story for about 1,600 words every chapter. 

sorry for the late update :( I was watching A Gentleman's Dignity and crying so hard ;~; the story and romantic scene is just too flawless.

thank you for subscribing omo 31 subscribers for 1 chapter. that's quite unexpected ^^ don't forget to upvote and comment!